What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

ONLY A COUPLE INCHES? YOUR ENTIRE POINT HINGES ON A COUPLE INCHES DETERMINING THE ABSOLUTE CEILING OF A PLAYER.

You can just stop. So can I, so I am now.

My argument hinges on Cason's limited skill level combined with his limited physical profile, which don't project him to be an elite-level player.

Jrue Holiday was one and done and scorched the nets for 8.5 points per game and 30% from 3. But he was somehow considered big and with a good feel for the game so he was drafted on the cusp of the lottery.

I'd be perfectly comfortable taking Cason Wallace at #16, similar to Jrue (who went #17) and similar to Terry Rozier (who went #16). I'm just saying he's not a compelling top-10 pick and apparently that's enough to trigger some of you.

Jrue Holiday was one and done and scorched the nets for 8.5 points per game and 30% from 3. But he was somehow considered big and with a good feel for the game so he was drafted on the cusp of the lottery.
If you wanna trip, you should do a bit of a dive between Wallace and Jrue's freshman seasons. In some ways they are eerily similar, but in just about every indicator Wallace is better.

I'd be perfectly comfortable taking Cason Wallace at #16, similar to Jrue (who went #17) and similar to Terry Rozier (who went #16). I'm just saying he's not a compelling top-10 pick and apparently that's enough to trigger some of you.
You're just being bull-headedly ignorant and those combined qualities drive me up the wall.

And to be clear, your point is that 6' 4" is small (???) and that players are now incapable of playing 1st tier defense at that size (or whatever squishy definition that is convenient to your argument). The point of everyone else is that that is obviously not the case.

I think our other lottery pick was actually screwed by the Kyrie trade which removed one team that was locked to finish ahead of Minny...

If Mavs actually add defense at DL instead of subtracting it to bring in hot air we would have had one of Mavs/Clippers/GSW in the play-in tourney instead of OKC.

To be fair though GSW struggled against Minny a lot so could have still been the same result.

If you hold on to Mike and NAW they would have done the same thing to our pick instead of doing it for Minny.

Dallas should have made the play in… OKC was the worst possible matchup for Minny… zero quality bigs is a nightmare against this team.
Would be kinda cool if the minny pick was our lottery pick and we were in the playoffs doe. I wouldn't be mad about that.

Last edited:
Me neither. That’s essentially what guys are arguing when they say we shouldn’t have traded Conley to Minnesota though.

If Conley himself is worth 4 more wins than Russell out of 24 games (I don’t think he is) then the best their pick could have ended up is tied for 10th with Dallas. Plus our pick would be worse than 9th. We likely end up in a play-in game if we kept Conley.
So we get the 10th pick and 16th pick and we get to watch the jazz in the playoffs? I would take that. (of course we would not have the lakers pick which would sting a bit. But then we also have better players on our roster to make trades with in the off season or to help us win more next season too.)