What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

Hurry back please KAT. The Jazz need you

GSW angling for Wemby. Reload and take another run at it before Steph ages out.

GSW angling for Wemby. Reload and take another run at it before Steph ages out.
It really feels that way sometimes. If Steph is healthy, they should try to make it in. Wemby is probably going to end up in Detroit, Orlando or Houston. I wouldn’t waste one if his prime years with a solid team on such small odds.

Here is what will happen. Minnesota knows they can't re-sign Naz... they just can't with the money given to Rudy and KAT. So the "smart" thing to do is to trade him. Problem is he is really productive and is Ant's best bro on the team. He's kinda their culture dude. So the dumb thing the Wolves will do is try to get something for him before he bolts. Maybe they even snag a first... but say they trade for Bones or some draft asset... then Ant is pissed. He blames Rudy/KAT... he blames management... he goes into a funk as he watches Dlo and Bones chuck shots that should be routed to him. They go 1-9 on a 10-game stretch and end up losing in the play in or falling out completely... this is where we can still have some hope. Trading Naz is very much on the table and may end up shattering a fragile locker room.

Here is what will happen. Minnesota knows they can't re-sign Naz... they just can't with the money given to Rudy and KAT. So the "smart" thing to do is to trade him. Problem is he is really productive and is Ant's best bro on the team. He's kinda their culture dude. So the dumb thing the Wolves will do is try to get something for him before he bolts. Maybe they even snag a first... but say they trade for Bones or some draft asset... then Ant is pissed. He blames Rudy/KAT... he blames management... he goes into a funk as he watches Dlo and Bones chuck shots that should be routed to him. They go 1-9 on a 10-game stretch and end up losing in the play in or falling out completely... this is where we can still have some hope. Trading Naz is very much on the table and may end up shattering a fragile locker room.
This would be actual best case scenario for us this year

I keep waiting for Gobert to look like himself. He's clearly not playing at the same intensity. I remember when he used to be pissed off anytime someone scored on him in the paint, now I see guys going past him to the basket and he doesn't even lift his hands.

I think Gobert has too much pride not to figure it out at some point, but even though I'm happy for our pick, it's still a little sad.

Luka Garza scored 17 in 10 minutes… that guy is incredible

Their next 5 games aren’t going to be easy:

Nuggets
@Nuggets
@Jazz
@Grizzlies
@Mavericks
Anderson left with back spasms tonight… rivers likely gone for a couple games… we really need them to have one of their 1-4 or 0-5 stretches to get the bad vibes flowing.

They have fallen and they cant get up.

I thought best case for us would be that they go 2-2 in this home stretch.. but turns out 1-3 is now very realistic and their only win thus far was a game that Warriors completely botched at the end.

That team is bad and they have overworked their best player. They have been smoking hot from 3 which was their only saving grace in January.

Let the free fall commence.

They have fallen and they cant get up.

I thought best case for us would be that they go 2-2 in this home stretch.. but turns out 1-3 is now very realistic and their only win thus far was a game that Warriors completely botched at the end.

That team is bad and they have overworked their best player. They have been smoking hot from 3 which was their only saving grace in January.

Let the free fall commence.
Only thing is they are strangely good against Denver. They are just kinda unpredictable… but if Anderson misses time it will hurt. He’s a connector.

Their next 5 games aren’t going to be easy:

Nuggets
@Nuggets
@Jazz
@Grizzlies
@Mavericks
We better win that game coming up. Biggest game of the year so far.

That's a tough stretch. I wouldn't be shocked to see them go 1-4, maybe 2-3.
0-5 wouldn't be surprising to be honest. no bad teams and almost all on the road.

Only thing is they are strangely good against Denver. They are just kinda unpredictable… but if Anderson misses time it will hurt. He’s a connector.
Yeah Anderson is like low volume high efficiency Beasley (I wish the actual Beasley would also be low volume and high efficiency Beasley).

Yeah Anderson is like low volume high efficiency Beasley (I wish the actual Beasley would also be low volume and high efficiency Beasley).
He’s honestly kinda their Ingles. He’s pretty important