What's new

OFFICIAL: Trade Deadline Thread

al's gonna be resigned(front-loaded contract). they're not gonna crap on favors minutes this year then tell him to play center next.

paulie wallnuts is obviously the odd man out. hes been playing above his pay-grade for 7 years on the jazz, hes not gonna take a value contract.. go get paid paul(and showcase your talents during the playoffs... please)!

conversely Al has always said he just wants to be somewhere hes wanted, the jazz FO is pretty forthcoming about singing his praises, so i think its a read the tea leaves type of thing.

You won't get Al for a front loaded contract. He is the second best big man out there. He will get the max this summer.

You won't get Al for a front loaded contract. He is the second best big man out there. He will get the max this summer.

he will get max offers, true. but hes gonna take less, because hes agreeable al, and he feels wanted/like he can win here.

to me he seems like the type who doesnt mind being the scapegoat if its for the betterment of the kids/team.

the work hes doing with Favors and Kanter is not quantifiable, but its not negligible either.

whenever I see favors pull a pumpfake + spin or kanter do one of those hook shots. i cant help but think al, his footwork, and hesitation moves are rubbing off in some way. call it a reach, i think the coaches/FO understand the value of this(and the value of him as a scapegoat).

@TheRealJRSmith
Al Jefferson is the best one handed player I've seen!
al gets respect from his peers, the fans respect doesn't matter at that point.

he will get max offers, true. but hes gonna take less, because hes agreeable al, and he feels wanted/like he can win here.

to me he seems like the type who doesnt mind being the scapegoat if its for the betterment of the kids/team.

the work hes doing with Favors and Kanter is not quantifiable, but its not negligible either.

whenever I see favors pull a pumpfake + spin or kanter do one of those hook shots. i cant help but think al, his footwork, and hesitation moves are rubbing off in some way. call it a reach, i think the coaches/FO understand the value of this(and the value of him as a scapegoat).

al gets respect from his peers, the fans respect doesn't matter at that point.

LOL. You don't really believe this do you?

Al will take a 3 year 30 million deal over a 4 year 60 million dollar deal because Al is a nice guy?

Lol.

LOL. You don't really believe this do you?

Al will take a 3 year 30 million deal over a 4 year 60 million dollar deal because Al is a nice guy?

Lol.

when_someone_is_delusional.gif

30mil you say?? ask yourself, whos really being naive/displaying tunnel vision here?

Why wouldn't a front loaded contract be fine with Al? It just means you get your money sooner right?

Just to be thorough here, since Jefferson will have 9 years experience this off season, his max is 30% of the cap, which is around 60 million, so his first year would be 18 million. Raises are 7.5% based on first year salary, which for 18 mil would be 1.35 mil, so Jefferson's max at 4 years is 80 mil. 5 yrs/ 103.3 mil.

Max he could sign with another team has 4.5% raises at same base and 4 yrs max, so 4/76.86 mil.

Just to be thorough here, since Jefferson will have 9 years experience this off season, his max is 30% of the cap, which is around 60 million, so his first year would be 18 million. Raises are 7.5% based on first year salary, which for 18 mil would be 1.35 mil, so Jefferson's max at 4 years is 80 mil. 5 yrs/ 103.3 mil.

Max he could sign with another team has 4.5% raises at same base and 4 yrs max, so 4/76.86 mil.

But he is a loyal guy, and will stay with Utah for a contract that starts at 10 million a year and goes down every year...