What's new

Official UofU homer thread

I’ll be seriously pissed if the Utes lose.

Yes Georgia could beatbox LSU but it’s not expected, and if they lose and the Utes win out, they should be in the playoff.

Someone should make a gamethread for the oregon game.
I would but a byu fan making the gamethread for a utes game could be bad ju ju and i dont want to jinx anything.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Reactions: RJF
Fish I think many Ute fans are like me, I don't post much period however on this site when I do it is usually Jazz stuff, I go to a Ute site where I also don't post much beat read plenty.

I also am not talking too much about the playoffs much because well, I believe they deserve to get in but OK is a big name with big money/fan draw if they get put in. That doesn't have anything to do with football but I'm not naive enough to believe that doesn't play a role in the decision. So if I don't let myself get too hyped about the possibility of getting invited to the playoff, I can still enjoy the Utes getting to the Rose Bowl if they don't.

One big question I do not know is IF Clemson got beat by Bronco's team Virginia would they still get in? As soft as the Utes and Bama's schedule was Clemson's is even softer. I wouldn't think Clemson loses, I don't think the game will even be close they beat Virginia by at least 30 points is my guess.

If the Utes beat Oregon I believe their play tells me they are the 4th best team BUT who knows what all the committee is thinking and values.

This is Utahs biggest game maybe
A lot at stake
If they lose to Oregon they maybe also don't even get to Rose Bowl

Lastly, one of the arguments against the playoffs in the first place is it makes the regular season less important or meaningless. Now these same teams are benefiting from this, what I mean is, well this doesn't matter now that Bama lost BUT. If a 1 loss Bama would've gotten in over a 1 loss conference champ Big10 or PAC12 doesn't matter that makes the regular season meaningless.

Teams like that (Bama if they had lost 1 game) had their shot in the regular season and lost and that's just sports you had your chance. Georgia beating LSU and getting both in would bug but at least they both made their conference championship game so it makes more sense.

To me the conference championship game should be basically be the first round of the playoffs but I don't want to get into that right now that would take paragraphs of me droning on and on.

I apologize for dismissing Oklahoma. I’m afraid Utah beats Oregon in a close game but Oklahoma wins by double digits and somehow jumps Utah...mainly because I think those making decisions would want the sexier Oklahoma offense, Jalen Hurts, and Lincoln Riley in the game.

I also sort of wonder if Baylor won by double digits if they could overtake Utah too.

I’m rooting for Utah. Big time. They embody real football for me. Great d. Tough as ****. Great coach. Balanced. Smart. I’d love to see them play Ohio State who I believe to be overrated and soft, and get into the title game.

One big question I do not know is IF Clemson got beat by Bronco's team Virginia would they still get in? As soft as the Utes and Bama's schedule was Clemson's is even softer. I wouldn't think Clemson loses, I don't think the game will even be close they beat Virginia by at least 30 points is my guess.

If the Utes beat Oregon I believe their play tells me they are the 4th best team BUT who knows what all the committee is thinking and values.
I agree. I think Utah is better than Oklahoma and should get in. Oklahoma is definitely the "sexier" pick though

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

This is Utahs biggest game maybe
A lot at stake
If they lose to Oregon they maybe also don't even get to Rose Bowl

It wouldn’t be a “maybe”. They wouldn’t get the Rose Bowl. Oregon would be the conference champ and get the automatic invite to the Rose Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Does Whittingham ever leave for bigger pastures? Haven't seen him linked to anywhere, but he has to be a candidate for bigger programs and a nice fat paycheck.

Does Whittingham ever leave for bigger pastures? Haven't seen him linked to anywhere, but he has to be a candidate for bigger programs and a nice fat paycheck.

He’s at a power 5 team already. Doubt any notable program would hire him at this point in his career.