What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

Nice Sixers loss. But it seems like they are as locked into their spot as any team. East or West, they don’t seem to be going anywhere.

We’ve been saying for like 3 months “the Wolves are going to fall on their face with this upcoming schedule” and they simply haven’t any of those times.

At this point I think they end up in the play in and it’ll all be down to matchups at that point.

I mean they HAVE been falling on their face, almost all season. . .

We’ve been saying for like 3 months “the Wolves are going to fall on their face with this upcoming schedule” and they simply haven’t any of those times.

At this point I think they end up in the play in and it’ll all be down to matchups at that point.
Interesting observation regarding this. Minnesota February schedule... shortly analyzing their Wins:

Feb 1 - vs GSW - Win 114 - 119. Golden State gave away that game late. They stank the joint (including Steph) in 4th quarter and overtime. Still, legit win.
Feb 3 - vs ORL - Loss 127 - 120.
Feb 5 - vs DEN - Win 98 - 128. Denver rested 4 starters, including Jokic.
Feb 7 - @ DEN - Loss 146 - 112. Denver didnt rest their starters lol.
Feb 8 - @ UTA - Win 118 - 143. First game after the LA trade, and played before deadline. You all remember how we looked in this one.
Feb 10 - @ MEM - Loss 128 - 107.
Feb 13 - @ DAL - Win 121 - 124. First game where Kyrie and Luka played together. We all know how that is working.
Feb 16 - vs WAS - Loss 114 - 106.
Feb 24 - vs CHA - Loss 121 - 113.
Feb 26 - @ GSW - Loss 109 - 104.
Feb 28 - @ LAC - Win 101 - 108. Clippers stank the joint, and have not yet won since Russ joined them.

They have had very opportunistic schedule, playing Denver when they rested 4 starters and playing MAV, LAL and us during dysfunctional periods. Their only legit clean win last month was the GSW win and you can go watch that game and how GS played down the stretch. They havent had any major injuries albeit Rudy has missed a few games. Ant has played in every game.

Last edited:
This is ********. I’ve spent my entire basketball-watching career hating and rooting against teams and it’s usually those **** faces who win. The Bulls? The Lakers? The Heat? Then we were rooting against the Warriors, but not too much that they kept their pick, and they screwed us by getting 1 position away from us keeping the pick, so I hated their franchise more than I had ever hated any franchise… and then they win a bunch of titles. **** this ****. It got to the point where I’m rooting for LeBron over GSW and he can’t even deliver… then back to hating the Lakers and they get their Mickey Mouse ring (and Dwight Howard and Anthony Davis get rings). At that point, I accepted the inevitable that anyone I hate will win and I’m trying to be more apathetic.
Strangely i feel EXACTLY the same way about everything you've just said.. lol

Looks like AD and Dennis are now probable for tonight with Lebron/DLo out. I am now convinced that Minny will finish 41-41 and the cosmic forces just flip a coin for the outcome of each game so I wouldn't be surprised if they drop this against the short Lakers

Minny been so lucky catching Denver, us, Mavs, Cilppers and now Lakers at opportune times. Also they play Kings next with Fox out.

Hopefully they dont catch more lucky breaks after that and manage to mess up one of these two.

Minny been so lucky catching Denver, us, Mavs, Cilppers and now Lakers at opportune times. Also they play Kings next with Fox out.

Hopefully they dont catch more lucky breaks after that and manage to mess up one of these two.
This is part of the reason I wasn’t convinced strength of schedule alone would bury them… definitely a factor in projecting their record but not the defining factor. They have been rough on the road and in back to backs so we may luck out this weekend.

This is part of the reason I wasn’t convinced strength of schedule alone would bury them… definitely a factor in projecting their record but not the defining factor. They have been rough on the road and in back to backs so we may luck out this weekend.
Injury luck works both ways, so them catching these breaks is just unfortunate for us. Also Mavs and Clippers being idiots made them far worse than their record indicates.

However its far from over.. still 11 of 18 on the road and 5 of the 7 at home are tough games against top teams or teams fighting for seeds.

Minny is still dysfunctional as a unit. I just hope they get at least even stick on DNPs and not always the longer one.

The way it looks now, I think DEN, PHO, SAC, MEM, GSW are locks for the playoffs. LAC are very likely, and I feel confident DAL are 5-8. That leaves NOP, LAL, MIN, POR plus us and OKC "fighting for" the last three spots. It looks unlikely right now that Wolves will miss the playin, unless we're in there to make it happen.

Shockingly bad, at this point I just don't where they go. Throw a bunch of money at Jerami and run it back and hope for .500?
They’re terrible. Won’t matter though - Jazz and Wolves going to both drop and the Jazz are somehow going to get two premium players - while the Blazers enjoy their purgatory.

AD is incredible in this first quarter. Whenever he has a quarter like he seems to go invisible for the rest of the game so we'll see