What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

Yeah the way this is working out it is looking a lot better for us than we imagined, and not for the reasons we thought it would. It is a real reversal right now. We are doing well and the lottery pick looks like it will come from the Wolves, and not vice versa as was expected. Crazy, but incredibly fun season so far.

I do feel bad for Rudy. I kind of feel like we did him dirty, especially with the loyalty he had shown. I get it is a business and if it gets us a ring, then I will call it a rousing success, but I still feel bad for the guy. He deserves better.
I mean, we sent him to a super talented team. I wouldnt say we did him dirty. It's just unfortunate the team has a very poor personality mix to succeed. They are far from dead in the water though. They will get better, to some degree.

The Jazz play with Jared Vanderbilt and Walker Kessler. Rudy can play with this team just fine.
Vanderbilt plays with 2 stretch bigs a lot of the time and Kessler isn't playing heavy minutes. I guarantee having Rudy out there for 34 minutes a game would disrupt the flow of the offense compared to what we have seen so far. Then of course there is the obvious playoff failures with him being game planned into a big liability. Rudy is a great player but he isn't always the best fit and his future salary is a big concern when building a team.

Vanderbilt plays with 2 stretch bigs a lot of the time and Kessler isn't playing heavy minutes. I guarantee having Rudy out there for 34 minutes a game would disrupt the flow of the offense compared to what we have seen so far. Then of course there is the obvious playoff failures with him being game planned into a big liability. Rudy is a great player but he isn't always the best fit and his future salary is a big concern when building a team.
It would change stuff for sure. It would probably be better.

Wolves down 22 to the Suns going into the 4th. Man, this team is such a mess, I didn't see it coming. I didn't think they would do well in the playoffs, but I thought they would be one of the best regular season teams in the league. I was clearly wrong.

Wolves down 22 to the Suns going into the 4th. Man, this team is such a mess, I didn't see it coming. I didn't think they would do well in the playoffs, but I thought they would be one of the best regular season teams in the league. I was clearly wrong.
Honestly same.

The wild thing is the longer this goes (and they have some tough games coming up) the more panic and distrust will set in and feed on itself.

Russell and KAT are certainly not dudes to lead that group through that. And the way Edwards seems to be culturally this year, and Rudy’s passiveness as a leader…..this could get REALLY rough.

Honestly same.

The wild thing is the longer this goes (and they have some tough games coming up) the more panic and distrust will set in and feed on itself.

Russell and KAT are certainly not dudes to lead that group through that. And the way Edwards seems to be culturally this year, and Rudy’s passiveness as a leader…..this could get REALLY rough.

To add to this they had a fairly soft starting schedule too and are 5-7. It is only uphill from here.

Rudy is doing what he is able to do. Providing good defense, rebound and improving a bit at scoring.... but neither Edward or KAT have leadership. An Rudy will never be a leader. They have to clearly regroup fast or they will have a tough season....

I never trusted Edwards from the second he said he didn’t watch basketball and wasn’t all that into it. That doesn’t sound like a guy I would want to go to war with.

Plus vanderbilt can shoot corner threes, defend the perimeter and lead the fast break. Rudy is very unique. kessler and vando arent very much like rudy. No one is. (Maybe capela or jaret allen or something)

Gobert lead the wolves in scoring? WTF

We need kyrie to come back so that the nets will start sucking again.