What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

I was confident OKC was beating NO last night. They are better than their record says IMO. A lot of close losses and not certain they were fully committed to being good/winning games all year. Now that they are in the play-in I think they beating Minny and I'd call it by more than 7pts too.
Of all the playin teams in the West, they clearly looked like the best team so far. Minnesota looked just barely worse than LA, and the Lakers were a tire fire inside a dumpster. New Orleans looks like they didn’t really want to play in the playoffs and the Thunder looked young, hungry and aggressive. I think they roll the Wolves and there’s some wind behind them going into next year.

Zion can eat my ***. Being an immature little **** doesn’t mean being little or brandishing a gun or doing drugs. How about not weigh 300 ****ing pounds at 6’ 6” and actually be on a team? Just a thought.

If I’m NOP, I play him into December and pray he stays healthy, then I trade him for whatever I can get. No amount of talent matters if you not only don’t play basketball, but you won’t do the most basic maintenance to get on the court or even appear to want to.

Last edited:
Zion has played a grand total of 114 games over 4 years. That's not even a season and a half over 4 years.

Toxic contract

Like moths drawn to a flame ...

The basketball gods have severely punished us every time this season that we think the Wolves don't have a chance.

Yet here we are again, before the biggest game of the year, whooping it up with how confident we are that the Wolves will surely lose.

Woe unto you all who refuse to read the signs of the times!!! o_Oo_Oo_O

OKC wins going away.

Dort is going to force Ant Edwards into some really tough shots, and that's assuming Edwards is 100% healthy. Dort used to be about the toughest defender on Donovan I can recall. Meanwhile, Conley isn't going to slow down SGA much and could struggle offensively in that matchup. This actually isn't a good match up for Minnesota unless KAT and Rudy can dominate inside.

The one thing I've learned about Minnesota this year is that when you think they are going to turn a corner and win, they lose and when you think they are about to roll over and die they surprise you.

Dort is going to force Ant Edwards into some really tough shots, and that's assuming Edwards is 100% healthy. Dort used to be about the toughest defender on Donovan I can recall. Meanwhile, Conley isn't going to slow down SGA much and could struggle offensively in that matchup. This actually isn't a good match up for Minnesota unless KAT and Rudy can dominate inside.
SGA is playing incredibly smooth right now and ANT looks bad.

Conley won't shoot 6 - 8 from 3 two games in a row in the playoffs and we all know it.

Gobert would really be the biggest difference maker that OKC can't match and he would frustrate Shai, but his "back" hurts.

I like Dort vs an injured Ant.

Kat should crush tonight. Not sure there's an answer there.

Are the Wolves still sick? Still fighting with each other? Or does home court and embarrasment trump pissy attitudes with teamates?

It's going to be a good game but I am hopeful that OKC has the momentum, the 'sick of being bottom dwellers, and 'nothing to lose' attitude that puts them over the top.

Are you sure you're not thinking of another three-point shooting pretty-boy Brent Barry and Tony Parker, circa the same time? I've never heard what you're saying.
Yeah... I am sure. It was a few months before boozer had a come to Jesus moment with his wife and they 'were going to work it out' and then she got more $$$ from his contract renewal and bolted.

It was also the last game of the season and we had playoff implications playing against the lowly Warriors and the beat us by 20+ on our home court with only 7 players dressed and headlined by Andreis Beidrins. It was the difference between 3rd seed and 6th seed if I recall. I am still pissed about it.

Sloan's postgame comments were something like "the players have to work through their off the court stuff... that's all".

I will say if that Ant shoulder injury is sore... playing against Lu Dort sounds like a real bitch with how much contact he is allowed to have. If he's hurt he will be tested... a lot.

KAT/Gobert both questionable? I mean, I nearly guarantee they both play, but if they fall behind early given their injuries and maturity I could see them quiet quitting early
KAT does everything loud and cringy though... so he may quit but it will be loud and annoying.