What's new

Official 'What did you wear today?' Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date
My apologies Dala, you weren't kidding when you spoke of Kapital clothing. Manofkent (fashion god) is a huge fan! I've been following his thread a bit on SF and remembered you were pimping Kapital for awhile now. How is your denim holding up? What are your thoughts on the brand?

Here's the thread
https://www.styleforum.net/t/511907/kapital-hippies-japanese-farmers-and-post-apocalypse-survivors

Called it before Manofkent did!! Boo-ya. I'm telling you, their **** is way more dope than VISVIM.

PS I was interviewing a designer who works for Kapital and he said they HATE the "Japanese farmer boro hippie" terms lol.

Aside: in terms of how my jeans are holding up--

I washed them for the first time this past October, after having worn them at least 4-5 times a week every week from September 2014.

roGCiMV.png

in comparison to what they look like brand new:

xuzcwhdkcdrw2fqjchdt.jpg

They look even better now tho. THey're indestructible. The sashiko-threading really reinforces it, and keeps it strong. They're also super comfortable and not abrasive or anything-- currently wearing them right now (as I tend to do).

EDIT: in terms of the brand itself, i really couldnt endorse it more. Everything is made with tremendous craftsmanship, and quality .Everything has "spirit" to it, and I'm not sure there is a single brand on the market that is more unique. Kapital is the **** man. I'm telling you. Lemme know if you wanna make a big order from their e-store on capital.jp, cuz i know a guy who could hook you up with a proxy order.

Last edited by a moderator:
also, Carbon13, Kapital just came out with their Spring/Summer 2015-2016 catalogue. THere's a really dope felted wool jacket with butterflies that i'd kill to have.

If you ever have questions for sizing btw lemme know. I own 1 Tri-P coat, 1 jean jacket, 1 blazer, 2 pairs of jeans (one is century, one is traditional), 1 polo, 1 long-sleeve shirt, 1 bandana, 1 sukiyaki button-down, 1 muffler, and socks/gloves. Lol.

Those Gustin jeans I got last year are now my favorite jeans. Their fit is perfect. I've only washed them twice in the last year and they wear really well.

Also, I've been stocking up on New Balance 574's. Adding them as a staple of my wardrobe.

Those Gustin jeans I got last year are now my favorite jeans. Their fit is perfect. I've only washed them twice in the last year and they wear really well.

Also, I've been stocking up on New Balance 574's. Adding them as a staple of my wardrobe.

do you own any made in UK NBs? I've heard that they're generally better quality than the US-made ones.

PS: refer to the jean pic I posted above-- and ask yourself if you can imagine hair-gel'd Persians wearing it :)

New-Balance-574-red-7.jpg

Like these a lot.

Jeans, T-shirt, Nikes and a bandana to keep the sweat out of my eyes while working in the yard.

I would wear this every day of the year if I could. It's comfortable. **** fashion.

also, Carbon13, Kapital just came out with their Spring/Summer 2015-2016 catalogue. THere's a really dope felted wool jacket with butterflies that i'd kill to have.

If you ever have questions for sizing btw lemme know. I own 1 Tri-P coat, 1 jean jacket, 1 blazer, 2 pairs of jeans (one is century, one is traditional), 1 polo, 1 long-sleeve shirt, 1 bandana, 1 sukiyaki button-down, 1 muffler, and socks/gloves. Lol.

Hey man, I just might. I really dig their stuff but I haven't had a chance to really dive in as much as I'd like. Thanks for the link btw. Enjoyed the article and just want to let you know your fashion sense is really cool. How do you like the Tri-P coat? I've been eyeing their ring coat recently.

I washed them for the first time this past October, after having worn them at least 4-5 times a week every week from September 2014.

You washed them for the first time after a year of wearing them that much?? Now, I know you are a small guy living in the great North so you probably don't experience much ball sweat, but are you never around kids? Do you never bake, roll in the flour? Succumb to other male problems such as sharting and "dreams"? Walk through some accidental mud? How do they stay "clean" for over a year?

Sent from my VS990 using JazzFanz mobile app

Hey man, I just might. I really dig their stuff but I haven't had a chance to really dive in as much as I'd like. Thanks for the link btw. Enjoyed the article and just want to let you know your fashion sense is really cool. How do you like the Tri-P coat? I've been eyeing their ring coat recently.

- really nice of you to say <3 <3
- the Tri-P coat is excellent. It's also way cheaper to buy in Japan than it is over here. Yeesh. Everything else is in general, but the Tri-P coat particularly. They're super versatile and unique looking, and the one I bought is really warm. A size 3 in the coat fits like a general European L/XL. Really oversized in terms of fit, but it's a cool look. Generally in other Kapital items a size 3 is a very snug medium, so be mindful of that.

You washed them for the first time after a year of wearing them that much?? Now, I know you are a small guy living in the great North so you probably don't experience much ball sweat, but are you never around kids? Do you never bake, roll in the flour? Succumb to other male problems such as sharting and "dreams"? Walk through some accidental mud? How do they stay "clean" for over a year?

hahahaha! Well if they get a stain i'll just spot clean them. Since the denim is raw (unwashed) the idea is that the longer you leave them unwashed, the more prominent your natural fades will become once you DO wash them for the first time. And you'd be surprised-- the denim never really hangs onto odours. If they smell particularly bad i'll just throw em in the freezer, or hang em out outside. The jeans I currently wear are pretty dope in that the kakshibu dye is naturally antibacterial.

TL;DR it's very very common in denim culture to go years without washing denim.

- really nice of you to say <3 <3
- the Tri-P coat is excellent. It's also way cheaper to buy in Japan than it is over here. Yeesh. Everything else is in general, but the Tri-P coat particularly. They're super versatile and unique looking, and the one I bought is really warm. A size 3 in the coat fits like a general European L/XL. Really oversized in terms of fit, but it's a cool look. Generally in other Kapital items a size 3 is a very snug medium, so be mindful of that.

hahahaha! Well if they get a stain i'll just spot clean them. Since the denim is raw (unwashed) the idea is that the longer you leave them unwashed, the more prominent your natural fades will become once you DO wash them for the first time. And you'd be surprised-- the denim never really hangs onto odours. If they smell particularly bad i'll just throw em in the freezer, or hang em out outside. The jeans I currently wear are pretty dope in that the kakshibu dye is naturally antibacterial.

TL;DR it's very very common in denim culture to go years without washing denim.
Interesting.

If you sweat so much out your *** that your jeans smell, try wiping your ***.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Hey Dala, I picked up some new EG stuff and thought I'd share on here because I know you are into some really cool brands. Basically, I got a new popover from Wolf vs Goat when they had their spring sale, a pair of corduroy shorts and fatigue pants from EG, and a Carhartt WIP sweater during their spring sale as well. Below are some short reviews.

Wolf vs Goat Popover
I bought this popover during the spring sale on Wolf vs Goat's website. It's made of really light cotton, almost linen-like but isn't as stiff. This is my first WvG item but it has a really great cut.

hnkHJmm.jpg

LTBgMvE.jpg

LTBgMvE.jpg

15LDzS2.jpg

Here, you can see how tightly spun the fabric is. Very lightweight and breathable. Should be a solid summer shirt.

Engineered Garments Corduroy Short
I picked these up from Notre's online store. I paid full price but I couldn't be happier with these shorts. Fit great and are made of a really cool corduroy fabric. This corduroy seems to have a directional color change to it. In some directions, it has a sheen to it and in other directions, it stay darker and more flat in color.

zSgSFqo.jpg

NSIAj9h.jpg

A little hidden pocket. Nice touch.

N2Qq7vZ.jpg

svGNdZf.jpg

Fit pic. I was little concerned because the inseam on these was listed at ~5 inches. I usually wear shorts around an 8 inch inseam, just above the knee. The only other shorts I had in a shorter length were some patagonia stand up shorts and they were 7 inches long. I thought they were a tad too short and billowy. I am happy to say these shorts, in true eg fashion, are cut perfectly. The inseam, while short, is made up for by a perfectly cut thigh width and a slightly longer than normal 12 inch drop.

Engineered Garments Fatigue Pants

I bought these on a deep discount from ebay. They were supposedly only worn once and washed once. I washed them once more when they arrived. These are really cool. The leg openings are huge and remind me of my middle school days with jnco jeans and such. But they are made of thick olive sateen and drape really well around my legs.

WnsJwxH.jpg

XA8pTbR.jpg

552msK4.jpg

szFag8m.jpg

Fit pic. Again, big and billowy, but breathes well and should be a perfect casual summer pant.

Carhartt WIP Sweater
Got this from the Carhartt WIP spring sale as well. Not much to say other than an interesting design and solid fit. Digging it.

9oqmoKn.jpg

rlNn1Gg.jpg

[MENTION=3002]Carbon13[/MENTION] just saw this now-- thanks heaps and heaps for sharing.

I've imposed a 6 month ban on clothing shopping for myself from Jan 31 onwards (my last day in Japan) after I went to the Yohji Yamamoto flagship store and got this dope ****ing turtleneck. But, once that's over, I'll be posting as many product reviews and fit-**** as you'd like :)

Pls ask anything and everything you're curious about. I also tried on a lot of Kolor, and purchased some Japan-made Lee Dungarees while I was there.

As per my closet, most of my shoes are Paul Smith (always the Italy made ones), and everything else is an extensive mix of A.P.C., Kapital, Acne, some Carhartt, and Paul Smith Red Ear (a line I highly highly recommend and something I know you'd really really enjoy in terms of fit, quality, and prints; wait for it to go on sale on websites like EastDane). Some DSQUARED too from days of fashion-past.

[MENTION=3002]Carbon13[/MENTION] just saw this now-- thanks heaps and heaps for sharing.

I've imposed a 6 month ban on clothing shopping for myself from Jan 31 onwards (my last day in Japan) after I went to the Yohji Yamamoto flagship store and got this dope ****ing turtleneck. But, once that's over, I'll be posting as many product reviews and fit-**** as you'd like :)

Pls ask anything and everything you're curious about. I also tried on a lot of Kolor, and purchased some Japan-made Lee Dungarees while I was there.

As per my closet, most of my shoes are Paul Smith (always the Italy made ones), and everything else is an extensive mix of A.P.C., Kapital, Acne, some Carhartt, and Paul Smith Red Ear (a line I highly highly recommend and something I know you'd really really enjoy in terms of fit, quality, and prints; wait for it to go on sale on websites like EastDane). Some DSQUARED too from days of fashion-past.

Thanks for the encouragement and advice. I'll definitely check out some of the brands you pointed out. Right now, I am on a serious Engineered Garments kick. The problem is, like you say, price. I've been mostly buying second hand on grailed and ebay although I may try picking up one first quality item a paycheck. I really like eg's anti-fit. What I've found is their shirt fit the chest and shoulder area fairly snug with almost no drop as it comes down to the waist. I've read their shirts are 'A' shaped which I agree with. It's been fun dabbling in these higher end brands although it can be a slippery slope!

EG Field Jacket x JB0416 x Truman
5FHH9Ak.jpg

EG 19th Century BD x EG Cinch Pants x Truman
BCSLGZE.jpg

Howlin' Yoke Sweater x EG Willy Post x Tricker's
wuwHZcy.jpg

Portueguese Flannel x EG Willy Post x Nike
fjubyZ0.jpg

EG 19th Century BD x JB0416 x Tricker's
1dgiAtx.jpg