What's new

Offseason - Tomorrow Begins Today

zero chance Kemba comes to Utah. He is an East Coast guy who doesn't even like Denver so why would he like SLC? Only one team in the West he would want to go to and that's L.A.

so pg13 liked okc over L.A? and how do you know all this? lol really personal things

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I don't like the idea of trading Gobert, but I would do it because I'm scared of that next contract. However, you bring up the best point - who do we trade him for? I just don't see the guy who makes sense.

Maybe Gobert gets us unproven potential guys, but he isn't getting us Beal or anybody like that.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
We missed the boat on trading Hayward early enough and it cost us big time, hopefully it doesn't happen to us again.

It's do or die time for DL. He HAS to improve the roster this offseason. No more being patient, no more excuses.

Upgrading the PG spot needs to be priority 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 this offseason. Our production from that spot has been pitiful.

Ricky is clearly gone. There will be a new starter.

I'm cool with bringing Neto back, but as no more than our 3rd PG. His game is fine, he just can't stay off the injury report.

I dunno WTF we do about Dante. Still the same tantalizing set of physical tools, but the lack of improvement is frustrating and the injury streak is terrifying. Would love to hear how the FO views him in an honest moment and am curious who (if anyone) would have interest.

Didn’t need to. I’ve seen him play enough
You say this as if Kemba is some low IQ ball hogger vs having to do it out of necessity because his 2nd best player over the last few years on his roster might just be Jeremy Lamb or old man Batum because Charlotte has done an awful job of putting a winning roster around him. He's elite off the ball which the article points out, and Utah would benefit Kemba greatly in being able to run him off the ball more while Mitchell or Ingles handle (or dare I say even Exum for 15 games of the season), and he obviously benefits Utah as a real 2nd threat on or off the ball who is a great 3pt shooter and can score in a number of ways. The Jazz are also one of the better teams equipped to hide Kemba's deficiencies defensively between a DPOTY player in Gobert and a number of average of better defenders in the starting lineup around him.

I understand he's been high usage in Charlotte but I don't think he's a high usage player in general, I think he does it because that Charlotte team is straight out dog **** and he's the only guy that can get them going offensively.

You say this as if Kemba is some low IQ ball hogger vs having to do it out of necessity because his 2nd best player over the last few years on his roster might just be Jeremy Lamb or old man Batum because Charlotte has done an awful job of putting a winning roster around him. He's elite off the ball which the article points out, and Utah would benefit Kemba greatly in being able to run him off the ball more while Mitchell or Ingles handle (or dare I say even Exum for 15 games of the season), and he obviously benefits Utah as a real 2nd threat on or off the ball who is a great 3pt shooter and can score in a number of ways. The Jazz are also one of the better teams equipped to hide Kemba's deficiencies defensively between a DPOTY player in Gobert and a number of average of better defenders in the starting lineup around him.

I understand he's been high usage in Charlotte but I don't think he's a high usage player in general, I think he does it because that Charlotte team is straight out dog **** and he's the only guy that can get them going offensively.

How tall is he again ??

Dante stays unless there's a trade for someone like Jrue or Conley where he gets involved in the package as it'll require attaching picks to ditch his salary and I think the Jazz FO would rather just roll the dice on getting him healthy again next year and maybe being able to flip him at the deadline if they get some good play out of him but don't trust his health.

In a perfect world Exum is a great 3rd guard option to put around Donovan and any of Jrue/Conley/Kemba as he can come off the bench and run an offense while letting the other two take on more of the scoring load, can guard the best perimeter guy on the other team, and can hopefully develop some of his offense back to where his December play was last year where he can be the driving to the rim threat to collapse defenses for the other guys.

Upgrading the PG spot needs to be priority 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 this offseason. Our production from that spot has been pitiful.

Ricky is clearly gone. There will be a new starter.

I'm cool with bringing Neto back, but as no more than our 3rd PG. His game is fine, he just can't stay off the injury report.

I dunno WTF we do about Dante. Still the same tantalizing set of physical tools, but the lack of improvement is frustrating and the injury streak is terrifying. Would love to hear how the FO views him in an honest moment and am curious who (if anyone) would have interest.

Dude every time he comes back he’s better. Praying for a full season.

How tall is he again ??
Taller than Chris Paul at least. I think his height is a non-issue with Gobert + the rest, only teams in the West I could see him really struggling against due to his size would be a team like OKC where Westbrook just takes him into the post, but if that means Westbrook chucks 30+ shots a game then I think the Jazz would live with that. All of the elite teams we can't beat right now (GSW, HOU, POR) Kemba's size isn't an issue as all of those PGs don't have the games where they overpower smaller players while on the other end the Jazz become much much better offensively.
Go after Jimmy Butler? Yes? No?
Only world I'd take Jimmy Butler in is if it was a 1+1 type deal, I don't want to be the organisation that pays him max money over 4 years.

Dante stays unless there's a trade for someone like Jrue or Conley where he gets involved in the package as it'll require attaching picks to ditch his salary and I think the Jazz FO would rather just roll the dice on getting him healthy again next year and maybe being able to flip him at the deadline if they get some good play out of him but don't trust his health.

In a perfect world Exum is a great 3rd guard option to put around Donovan and any of Jrue/Conley/Kemba as he can come off the bench and run an offense while letting the other two take on more of the scoring load, can guard the best perimeter guy on the other team, and can hopefully develop some of his offense back to where his December play was last year where he can be the driving to the rim threat to collapse defenses for the other guys.

In a perfect world, Exum gets traded for a loaf of bread and Rubio re-ups for cheaper to come off the bench in a Favors/second unit type of role.

In a perfect world, Exum gets traded for a loaf of bread and Rubio re-ups for cheaper to come off the bench in a Favors/second unit type of role.
I've said this a couple of times before here but I just don't think the Jazz' system benefits Ricky all that much. It puts him in a lot of situations which magnify his weaknesses (e.g. shooting, finishing at the rim although to his credit he was pretty good at the rim in this series) and doesn't really allow him to maximise his strengths as much.

Exum I think benefits the Jazz more in a perfect world because his ability to get to the rim in 1 dribble anytime he wants without being a reliable outside threat just opens up so many things for the Jazz, but Rubio is definitely the steadier presence in reality.