What's new

Offseason - Tomorrow Begins Today

Somewhere between everyone’s optimism of adding someone good, and your pessimism about the summer, resides Kevin Love.

Imma laugh when we do or don’t get him. So the prediction at least provides some comedy for a potentially terrible situation.

Imma laugh when we do or don’t get him. So the prediction at least provides some comedy for a potentially terrible situation.
Basically, if we bring in any "big name" guys, I'm only seeing three possible: 1a. Conley 1b. Love or a distant 3. Blake Griffin. Those are really the only guys I can see us being able to land, and Griffin is real iffy and would depend on Detroit really mailing it in and settling for a couple first rounders.

One advantage with Love is being able to actually have rebounders on the floor to close our games. The games where Favors played, his rebounding always kept us alive, but how many games did he close? How many games did we lose by not securing defensive rebounds?

If we want to add a significant player in free agency, we gotta dump Favors and Rubio. That's harsh. If we want to add a significant player via trade, it's possible we keep Rubio since we have his rights.

If Memphis ends up out of the top 8, their pick goes to Boston. At that point, they start their tank job because their roster sucks and they are still paying Parsons.

Conley to Utah
Favors to Charlotte
Biyombo, Korver, Utah's 2019 1st and Charlotte's 2019 1st to Memphis

We keep Rubio, let Neto go, and use the full MLE on somebody for PF.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Why the hell would we keep Rubio?

This shtick may prove omniscient.
allseingeye.jpg

Four years left on Love is terrifying. I don't think I can swallow that pill.
You won't have to. Gail will.

Because he has heart, can defend, knows the offense, gives us quality depth off the bench, is loved by the core, is a massive upgrade over Rubio. Overall, he makes us better is he is coming off the bench on a reasonable deal.

I'm confused.

I think I'd do Love (28.9M) and their 1st from Houston (pick 25?) for Favors, Exum, and Korver--that's 33.5M.

I may even consider it without the 1st. This would free them up big time money-wise, give them a legit 4/5 and an intriguing prospect in Exum. I'm not sure they'd want to do that as Love may fill seats but yet bring mostly losses--which might be smart on their end. And FWIW, Thompson has just one more year on his deal there. Favors could get about 5-8 minutes at the 4 (with TT at the 5) and see another 20-22 minutes at the 5.

If we renounced Rubio, Sef, and Udoh, we'd be at 88.158M if my math is right for:

Neto
Mitchell-Allen
Ingles-O'Neale
Love-Crowder-Niang
Gobert-Bradley

If we could shed Neto and Bradley too, we'd then have about 4M more in cap space and about 25M total. That could net us a legit point guard (especially if we pulled this trade off during draft--I know it can't be official til after) in that we might be a more attractive team/contender than before the trade.

We'd also have two 1sts in this draft which we could use in many different ways...moving up...flipping for a team's 1st next year...in trading for a pg somehow.

Maybe trade Crowder for something to free up money too...to go get Kemba.

Kemba-Augustin at partial MLE-Neto
Mitchell-Allen-1st
Ingles-O'Neale
Love-partial MLE-Niang
Gobert-?

Before we sign or trade anybody, we need to find a way to start Royce O'Neale. What a beast he was tonight.

Royce was the lone bright spot in the playoffs. The only one who played consistently all the time. He did the best job on harden, hit the 3, stayed focused. If everyone around him had played with 60% of his consistency we'd be advancing.

I think I'd do Love (28.9M) and their 1st from Houston (pick 25?) for Favors, Exum, and Korver--that's 33.5M.

I may even consider it without the 1st. This would free them up big time money-wise, give them a legit 4/5 and an intriguing prospect in Exum. I'm not sure they'd want to do that as Love may fill seats but yet bring mostly losses--which might be smart on their end. And FWIW, Thompson has just one more year on his deal there. Favors could get about 5-8 minutes at the 4 (with TT at the 5) and see another 20-22 minutes at the 5.

If we renounced Rubio, Sef, and Udoh, we'd be at 88.158M if my math is right for:

Neto
Mitchell-Allen
Ingles-O'Neale
Love-Crowder-Niang
Gobert-Bradley

If we could shed Neto and Bradley too, we'd then have about 4M more in cap space and about 25M total. That could net us a legit point guard (especially if we pulled this trade off during draft--I know it can't be official til after) in that we might be a more attractive team/contender than before the trade.

We'd also have two 1sts in this draft which we could use in many different ways...moving up...flipping for a team's 1st next year...in trading for a pg somehow.
I like the idea, but I think it will take a first and a second to get Love. DL doesn’t have any bargaining power, and if we get to the point where we’re considering Love, then it’s because we’re desperate. Despite it being obvious that Cleveland needs to dump him, they can point to the fact that they gave him that awful extension last year as why they’re not eager to dump him, and ultimately we’ll rationalize that we’re landing a 4-time all star and we’ll pony up the pick.

What is going on?? Even the notion of the thought of trading Gobert is ridiculous!! Wasn’t he second in win shares? Teams never get even value when trading stars. Trading Gobert means we get worse, not better. It would be much easier to keep Gobert and add shooters than trading Gobert for a scorer than having to find another star player. Gobert ain’t going anywhere. I’m not even sure we are a playoff team without Gobert.
Are you slow too?? It's a fantasy exercise. Get over it. It's like you see trade Gobert and your eyes glaze over and want to make a statement while sitting on your high horse. Idiot..!!