What's new

Offseason - Tomorrow Begins Today

I like the idea, but I think it will take a first and a second to get Love. DL doesn’t have any bargaining power, and if we get to the point where we’re considering Love, then it’s because we’re desperate. Despite it being obvious that Cleveland needs to dump him, they can point to the fact that they gave him that awful extension last year as why they’re not eager to dump him, and ultimately we’ll rationalize that we’re landing a 4-time all star and we’ll pony up the pick.

If we traded for love I think it is pre-draft... I don’t think we get desperate and do it. Doing it pre-draft allows us to use MLE and BAE to fill out the rest of the roster and retain Ricky if they want to.

If we traded for love I think it is pre-draft... I don’t think we get desperate and do it. Doing it pre-draft allows us to use MLE and BAE to fill out the rest of the roster and retain Ricky if they want to.

Love and Rubio as our big off season move? My appendix just burst and I’m pretty sure my left kidney is about to fail.

Love and Rubio? Jesus ****

I think it's gotta be a trade. We need to target guys teams want to sell. One of these guys:

Jrue - very tough and unlikely, but maybe NOLA sells.

Conley - if Memphis gives their pick to Boston, Conley has zero value there. He is the most likely.

Love - easily attainable and easily regrettable.

Winslow - if Miami is trying to dump bad contracts, he might become available.

Griffin - doubt Detroit sells him but we should try for him if they do

Some young player who demands out. Maybe a Jaylen Brown, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram type.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I think it's gotta be a trade. We need to target guys teams want to sell. One of these guys:

Jrue - very tough and unlikely, but maybe NOLA sells.

Conley - if Memphis gives their pick to Boston, Conley has zero value there. He is the most likely.

Love - easily attainable and easily regrettable.

Winslow - if Miami is trying to dump bad contracts, he might become available.

Griffin - doubt Detroit sells him but we should try for him if they do

Some young player who demands out. Maybe a Jaylen Brown, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram type.

I’d like to see what Snyder can do with Kuzma or Brown.

But I’m hoping for more. DL needs to land a free agent and then do a trade I think. Time to spend is now. If he does so we have a legit window.

I like the idea, but I think it will take a first and a second to get Love. DL doesn’t have any bargaining power, and if we get to the point where we’re considering Love, then it’s because we’re desperate. Despite it being obvious that Cleveland needs to dump him, they can point to the fact that they gave him that awful extension last year as why they’re not eager to dump him, and ultimately we’ll rationalize that we’re landing a 4-time all star and we’ll pony up the pick.

I don’t think so. In just over a year, by doing this, Cleveland could be out from under Love and TT. That’s 50M off the books. Favors, Korver and Exum also all come off—maybe Exum has one more year actually but that could be a valuable asset for them.

Sexton-Nance-1st rounder this year-Exum-Favors and a high 2020 1st could be enough to build around in the East.

Love and Rubio as our big off season move? My appendix just burst and I’m pretty sure my left kidney is about to fail.

Love and Rubio? Jesus ****

Oh yeah... don’t get me wrong... it sucks da poopy.

It could be before the draft, but Favors’ guarantee date is July 7, so it would afford DL the opportunity to exhaust all options for free agency before making the panic play for Love. I think this would assuming missing on Conley again, but I don’t think we offer up two firsts at this point, especially now that we can’t trade for Conley unless we give up the golden child Exum because salary matching (unless we used capspace, which would be dumb).

We’re not getting a star player, book it. I predict 6 more years of playoffs or worse, 0 WCF series, then we are forced to do a proper rebuild. For once.

Sorry.

We can for sure. We have Rubio's rights.

Which would have to be renounced to have the capspace to absorb Love. Cleveland isn’t taking on salary for whatever **** assets the Jazz might send; it only begins to make sense if they can get off his money free and clear.

This would only work if Rubio took a steep discount. Considering that I’m not sure he even WANTS to come back, that’s really a fantasy scenario.

Good thing we have RXum.

In what context are you saying that?
The context that the Jazz have **** assets and can only begin to pitch if they can absorb Love free-and-clear, which requires renouncing Rubio’s rights. Who - by the way - we have no control over whether he stays or goes and probably doesn’t want to come back.

The context that the Jazz have **** assets and can only begin to pitch if they can absorb Love free-and-clear, which requires renouncing Rubio’s rights. Who - by the way - we have no control over whether he stays or goes and probably doesn’t want to come back.
I don’t think anyone else is offering instant cap relief for Love. Those teams are either looking at free agency or not anywhere on Love’s timeline, so Cleveland can’t be picky (but they’ll pretend to be picky enough to weasel DL out of a first rounder). Absorbing Love into capspace kills us because we have other tweaks we need to make.

I don’t think anyone else is offering instant cap relief for Love. Those teams are either looking at free agency or not anywhere on Love’s timeline, so Cleveland can’t be picky (but they’ll pretend to be picky enough to weasel DL out of a first rounder). Absorbing Love into capspace kills us because we have other tweaks we need to make.
Cavs aren’t in a hurry and he played very well when he came back.

Instant cap-relief is what the Jazz have to offer. Period. The Jazz might be able to include some salary somewhere... I just don’t know who. If I’m any team in the league, I hang up the second I hear Ex-.

*click*

The Jazz get Mirotic for 4/80, then subsequently becomes the scapegoat for four years and the Jazz get marginally better. Or they just run it back and LoPo and I hold hands and walk off a ****ing cliff.

Cavs aren’t in a hurry and he played very well when he came back.

Instant cap-relief is what the Jazz have to offer. Period. The Jazz might be able to include some salary somewhere... I just don’t know who. If I’m any team in the league, I hang up the second I hear Ex-.

*click*
Love has 4 years left. I think they gladly trade that for two years of Exum and one year of Favors (they could possibly flip Favors... maybe). But I'm also really down for Conley + Jabari.

Love has 4 years left. I think they gladly trade that for two years of Exum and one year of Favors (they could possibly flip Favors... maybe). But I'm also really down for Conley + Jabari.
We’ll see. I obviously have lost all faith at this point. The Jazz don’t have much to pitch to a prospective free agent besides success and a fantastic culture. Both took a massive hit during the playoffs.

I hope the front office is finally committed to doing something AND get lucky. Otherwise, this team is going to be the definition of a treadmill team.

We’ll see. I obviously have lost all faith at this point. The Jazz don’t have much to pitch to a prospective free agent besides success and a fantastic culture. Both took a massive hit during the playoffs.

I hope the front office is finally committed to doing something AND get lucky. Otherwise, this team is going to be the definition of a treadmill team.
I'm with you there. That was my biggest fear with running it back, is that we needed a strong argument to make to free agents, which we don't have. I think we're completely out of the free agent equation (in terms of any significant pieces). We could land a Jabari or Beverley guy, though.