What's new

Offseason - Tomorrow Begins Today

Cavs aren’t in a hurry and he played very well when he came back.

Instant cap-relief is what the Jazz have to offer. Period. The Jazz might be able to include some salary somewhere... I just don’t know who. If I’m any team in the league, I hang up the second I hear Ex-.

*click*

He sucked when he was healthy... I don’t think it is a priority for them to get off that money but he’s one foot or knee injury away from being completely unmovable.

There are some iterations of things we can do with Favors... a smart team would want us to exercise his option and pick him up... he’s worth what his option is and maybe more. I think his value has gone up and he isn’t just an expiring contract.

I’ll throw some things up later... but we are in a position to offer slightly more to Memphis for Conley by parlaying Favs to a team for dead money that gets routed to Memphis... like would Charlotte trade Biyombo and 12 for Favs and the 23? If so you expand it to three teams and route 12 and Biyombo to Memphis... they get a better pick than we were offering and expirings (plus Dante).

I hope Love is not who we pursue and if we do then dear god don’t give them an asset to take an obviously bad contract off their hands.

Love has 4 years left. I think they gladly trade that for two years of Exum and one year of Favors (they could possibly flip Favors... maybe). But I'm also really down for Conley + Jabari.

Love would be an okay gamble if Exum is in the deal and no draft assets are used... then you sign Beverly around MLE and hope Love has a renaissance and our system gives him the good looks it produces for bad shooters.

If we did the Conley deal I’d rather sign a Jamychal Green to provide some stretch options at the 4 in a traditionally sized 4.

Love would be an okay gamble if Exum is in the deal and no draft assets are used... then you sign Beverly around MLE and hope Love has a renaissance and our system gives him the good looks it produces for bad shooters.

If we did the Conley deal I’d rather sign a Jamychal Green to provide some stretch options at the 4 in a traditionally sized 4.
I think getting both Love and Beverley opens the door for a Ricky return. I think we get both those guys 26-28 minutes (between Beverley playing some 2 and injuries and such).

I do think we should chill a bit... Houston was a pretty overwhelming favorite. We shot so poorly... even for our standards... it happens. We were closer in this series than the result but if a few things break our way we might even be up 3-2... the Rockets are a top 4/5 contender.

Look at last night... if DM shoots 33% from three we win... if Gordon doesn’t bank in a three, Nene is a little late on that tip, or Gobert tips it a fraction of a second earlier it changes the game. There were 2/3 calls that could go our way that change things... i understand some of the doom and gloom but we should really chill.

Love has 4 years left. I think they gladly trade that for two years of Exum and one year of Favors (they could possibly flip Favors... maybe). But I'm also really down for Conley + Jabari.
If we don't get the big names I want Conley + Jabari. That would be a successful off-season imo.

We need to extend Favors at 3 years and $36-39 million. If he declines, then we can trade him with a clearer conscience. Favors at a lower number opens more options.

Korver seems like a decent trade chip. He is only guaranteed $3.5. If a capped out team like Charlotte traded for him during the draft and Kemba bolts, they could just drop him to save money.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm with you there. That was my biggest fear with running it back, is that we needed a strong argument to make to free agents, which we don't have. I think we're completely out of the free agent equation (in terms of any significant pieces). We could land a Jabari or Beverley guy, though.
Woo.

I do think we should chill a bit... Houston was a pretty overwhelming favorite. We shot so poorly... even for our standards... it happens. We were closer in this series than the result but if a few things break our way we might even be up 3-2... the Rockets are a top 4/5 contender.

Look at last night... if DM shoots 33% from three we win... if Gordon doesn’t bank in a three, Nene is a little late on that tip, or Gobert tips it a fraction of a second earlier it changes the game. There were 2/3 calls that could go our way that change things... i understand some of the doom and gloom but we should really chill.
Players and agents don't give a **** about such nuances. And if we're looking at this thing honestly, you HAVE to include getting blown out by a combined 52 points in the first two games as legitimate information.

If you can find some way to parlay Exum into Love and not spend actual assets, that's a home run. I don't see that happening.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I'll be disappointed if we trade out of the draft. Historically, our best players have come through the draft, and usually at unexpected times. With that being said, I don't have a lot of confidence in our org to make the best pick when the time comes. So there's that. But I'm a swing-for-the-fences kind of guy.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I'll be disappointed if we trade out of the draft. Historically, our best players have come through the draft, and usually at unexpected times. With that being said, I don't have a lot of confidence in our org to make the best pick when the time comes. So there's that. But I'm a swing-for-the-fences kind of guy.
I haven't followed this draft at all, but I would just like to point out that for how terrible the 2011 draft supposedly was, it somehow yielded:
-Klay Thompson
-Kawhi Leonard
-Tobias Harris
-Jimmy Butler
-Nikola Mirotic

all after the 10th pick. Conversely, the famed 2014 NBA draft yielded an underwhelming haul at the top of the draft (one of the worst contracts in the league, a bust, a guy that couldn't play for two years, Aaron Gordon, RXum, then a bunch of whatever). Subsequently, I know draft prognosticators know ****ing dick.

Love? Holy ****. **** no! Guy is hurt more than he plays. I won’t no part of that. It’s like another Deadxum.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Love? Holy ****. **** no! Guy is hurt more than he plays. I won’t no part of that. It’s like another Deadxum.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
It’ll be perfect because we’ll be swapping him for Exum.

There's going to be a lot of movement this summer.

-- The NOLA situation isn't resolved and they just brought in a new GM.

-- Kawhi is likely to leave Toronto. Add to this the fact that Lowry is declining, and Toronto may reboot.

-- Kyrie may leave Boston depending on where other players go, and that might put Boston on the trade market.

-- Kemba will probably leave Charlotte, and they may move vets in order to rebuild.

-- Memphis is still transitioning. Cleveland is still transitioning.

There's going to be a lot of movement this summer.

-- The NOLA situation isn't resolved and they just brought in a new GM.

-- Kawhi is likely to leave Toronto. Add to this the fact that Lowry is declining, and Toronto may reboot.

-- Kyrie may leave Boston depending on where other players go, and that might put Boston on the trade market.

-- Kemba will probably leave Charlotte, and they may move vets in order to rebuild.

-- Memphis is still transitioning. Cleveland is still transitioning.

You really reckon Kawhi leaves Toronto? I'm not sold on that. Think it will depend heavily on how they go against the Bucks.