What's new

OJ Mayo?

utahjazz107

If the Jazz can get rid of Bell's contract, they would have about 12 million in cap space. While Mayo isn't worthy of the entire 12 million, signing him for a cheap price maybe 5-7 million dollars would be nice. He is still relatively young and could develop into very good scorer. Not to mention, he is a good 3PT shooter and would definitely help spread the floor.

Meh, we'd have 3 SG's then but I'd rather those minutes go to Hayward n Burks. We really need a 3, otherwise we're stuck with Howard. And Carrolle is definately no starter.

No way Mayo is getting signed for 5-7 mill a year

Not sure if it's true; but an interesting thing about Mayo. His Q/O was originally supposed to be 7+ mil. However under the present CBA there is a new calculation that goes into rookie contracts that will scale back his Q/O to about 5 mil or so. If the Q/O was 7mil, I question whether or not Memphis would have even offered considering they are a notoriously cheap franchise that will be well over the cap next year and coming off a step back season with a first round knock out.

Everyone knows he's a good jump shooter; but his overall offensive game is limited. He can't take anyone off the dribble and he doesn't get to the line that often.

I think 5-7 is very possible considering Jamal Crawford, who is a very comparable player, makes 5 mil.

Overall I'm not that crazy about the guy - his shooting numbers are too CJ Miles-ish.

I wonder how many Dime/Slam hype covers I could go back and laugh at..... This one is definitely one of my favorites though:

COVERzoom_mayo.jpg

I have zero interest in Mayo. What I do have interest in is this "signing players for cheap" concept. Someone, quick, get this visionary, forward-thinking concept to KOC before other GM's catch wind!

I have no interest in any more "full of potential, might develop into a scorer/shooter" players who use initials for their names.

Awful thread. Mayo is awful and an even worse team player. Al Jefferson is a better competitor than Mayo, and Al's revealed to be one of the worst of all time.

Eric Gordon would be an amazing acquisition if we could some how pull it off.

Ask Memphis to sign Mayo to a one year max deal (14-15 mill?) and trade him to us with their first round pick this year for Al and Raja. We get a pick, save some money and don't mess with next year's cap space. They get a sick front court with a defensive SG to go all in next year.

Never gonna happen, but would be fun to mess with the Lakers by giving Memphis the best front court in the league.

I feel bad for teams that draft so high and they turn out to be busts. Im hoping Enes does not turn out to be a bust.

Drafting in the top 5 only to have it bust is a huge set back

My guess is either Gay is traded and Mayo is re-signed by Memphis or OKC trades/lets go of Harden (to keep Ibaka) and signs Mayo to fill that sixth-man role. Whereas Harden will get $10-12m per season, Mayo will get $7-8m. If Gay is traded, I predict he will go to NY, NJ, or Portland.