What's new

Ok...Now what?

Is it an insult to Rudy? Is it really? Or is standing pat, adding a few average players like Rudy Gay or Otto Porter and ending 6-10 in the West every single year for the rest of Rudy's contract the real insult? I'm not saying to do a complete 5-6 year rebuild. I'm saying to dump as many of our vets and big contracts as possible. Play Rudy and the young guys for a year. Gain assets, gain a good pick, gain cap space and if all goes right we'll be back in the hunt at the top of the West in a few years. You CAN'T wait 2 years to do this. By then Rudy is 27 and he'll be 29/30 by the time we complete the process. He'll probably end up leaving in FA too if you do that.

Duh. Yes, it really is an insult. It means you have no faith in Rudy or anybody else and that you considered Utah a one man team.

Utah isn't throwing in the towel on the entire team over Hayward leaving. Total bitch move and it ain't happening.

Duh. Yes, it really is an insult. It means you have no faith in Rudy or anybody else and that you considered Utah a one man team.

Utah isn't throwing in the towel on the entire team over Hayward leaving. Total bitch move and it ain't happening.

That's only one way to look at it. I'd still rather take the risk that the players might think that and still rebuild than be stuck 6-10 in the West every single year going absolutely nowhere. It's the worst f***** position to be in.

Get Jamychael Green. He's a stretch 4, can play the 4 or the 5. Not that expensive. 4/45ish.

Don't sign some veteran to take minutes away from the young guys.

If we don;t finally give Exum a chance we are stupid.

Make Hood most improved player.

Give Mitchell every opportunity to win ROY

Favors in a contract year and wants to show us something? Let him.

Definitely don't tank, but don't be stupid either, let's figure out exactly what we have.

Don't sign some veteran to take minutes away from the young guys.

If we don;t finally give Exum a chance we are stupid.

Make Hood most improved player.

Give Mitchell every opportunity to win ROY

Favors in a contract year and wants to show us something? Let him.

Definitely don't tank, but don't be stupid either, let's figure out exactly what we have.

These are my exact sentiments. And if this somehow works out, Dennis Lindsey better win GM of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

The possibility that we could keep Favors is BIG. I know. I know. He was hurt last year. I'm a huge Favors believer, though. I think we'll be surprised. This year will be different than last year.

Hayward didn't want to be here. Now we'll probably see a few players that didn't get along with Hayward step up to fill his role. It won't be one guy, but it could be done with 2-3 guys stepping up.

I wanted Hayward back, but I always wondered if we'd really miss him all that much. He was sucking a lot of oxygen out of the locker room. Now that a few other guys can breathe I think we'll see who they really are.

I have to reach back and figure out how many years this sets the Jazz franchise back. It might be 2012, 2013 or 2014. We have one legit All NBA player, and young talent with upside under the age of 22 in Mitchell and Exum. Favors and Hood are relatively young veterans. The pieces don't all fit and some shuffling will need to take place.

I think we're in a very similar situation to the years where we had Mo Williams, Randy Foye and Marvin Williams on the team. That was 2012/13. That was Burks and Kanter's second year, and also Favors and Hayward's third year in the league.

Last edited:
It woulda been nice to get something for him, but Jazz FO thought that he'd stay with them if pimped him hard enough all over their radio station and on Billboards, commercials, and Locke's podcast and in Harpring's broadcast script. Never mind his never giving any convincing indication he was happy here. If only we'd traded him last year when there were those rumblings he wanted to play for Boston. Eyeroll.
If nothing else Jay Crowder would be nice to have now. Oh well.

I love Rudy.
I love Rodney.
I love Alec (please be healthy this year).
I love Fav.
I love Rickeee.
I love Ingles.
I love all the draft picks this year: Bradley, Williams-Goss, and especially Donovan Mitchell.

Who did I forget?
I think there's no one on the team who I don't love.

And, again, I'm one who, while recognizing Hayward's gradual improvement, never drank the Koolaid that he was a stud to build your team around. The Jazz are gonna be pretty much the same as last year.
Of course, the West got a lot tougher this year, so even with Hayward on the team I think the Jazz might've been fighting for a 7th seed. With Hayward gone, I don't see much drop off.

AND I really like this Mitchell kid. I'm really excited for the Jazz' future.

AND not having to pay Hayward his huge price tag really helps us out. We can keep guys we want to keep. And/or sign guys we want to sign. We can absorb contracts in order to gain assets. If we want to even do that.

I'm really excited. Things are good. Sorry to all y'all who feel jilted. Hayward's a dick.

Porter Patterson already agreed to other teams.
Nobody else good to sign now.

If the Jazz is looking for a replacement it would be thru trades now.

Porter Patterson already agreed to other teams.
Nobody else good to sign now.

If the Jazz is looking for a replacement it would be thru trades now.

It's a small forward league and we just lost on the best. This sucks.

I haven't thought this through completely but....

Maybe the jazz ought to call New York and see just how bad their relationship with porzingus is.

I know there is only one player on the jazz roster that could get zinger......

Joe Johnson is our best SF. Ingles is good but not elite. Does Rodney have it in him to get better? Can someone on the roster surprise us? I so wish that Bolomboy could dribble...suck.

Moneyball. Try to figure out how to replace his production (especially offensively) for as cheap as possible. Still look at upgrading at PF if possible. Hope for a jump from Hood and Exum and Mitchell. Play great defense. Play as a team having fun. Rudy is now the unquestioned franchise player for the Utah Jazz. Build around him.

This. Jazz lost size at the 3. But Hood and Ingles can have similar 3PT percentages. Jazz likely go inside to Rudy a bit more as his P&R game continues to improve. Gives a chance for another wing to step up. Burks? Mitchell?