What's new

Ok...Now what?

With no Lyles, Favors's injury history, and Diaw probably out, we're incredibly thin at the 4. James Johnson has also played SF for a lot of his career. I'm a fan of his.

Before Haywood did his double denial departure the talking heads were saying the players, and really the star players run this league now.

Kevin Durant had talked with GS players and decided he was going there long before he dogged three playoff games against them.

Chris Paul arranged his own trade to houston.

LeBron formed his super team twice.

The owners and gms are going to strike back. The next lockout will be a blood bath. The players will respond by trying to form their own league.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if this happened.

I hope we find a taker for Rubio and Ingles and tank the **** out of it. I **** want us to do the Hinkie 2.0. I don't care if Silver approves or not. TANK THE **** OUT OF IT. If we cannot keep married with kids and family non-partier Hayward after this FO has done pretty much everything of consequence right, what's the chance we keep any other major star? We should be aiming to build teams within the first 8 years of a player's career (2nd contract). And in order to be successful and competitive, we need the best talent and we need it bunched up together timeline-wise. Tanking is the solution to those. TANK. Get top 3 pick. Tank, get top 3 pic. Tank, get top 3 pick! Hinkie had it right and it's even more right for a situation like the Jazz. Get those 3 top 3 picks to high level, surround them with other pieces and try to compete by the time their second contracts are up. Rinse and repeat.

With all that said, I have no illusions that our FO would do this. They will be happy with chasing playoffs and first round exits. Which is alright... as long as they are not deluding themselves or lying to the fanbase that their goal is a championship.

Yeah, **** all this tank talk. We have a talented roster, and we aren't going to waste Gobert's prime in tank mode.

What we need to do is add some scoring, and develop key players like Hood, Exum, and Mitchell.

What I'd like to do is become a team that plays faster, and gets the ball up, and down the court.

It's really difficult to build a contending team. That Memphis team with Marc Gasol, Zach Randolph, Mike Conley and Tony Allen peaked in the WCF. Atlanta won 60 games with Horford, Millsap, Teague and Korvsr, but got taken out in the 2nd round, I think.

No need to tank.

Jazz have drafted great players at the back of the first round AND in the second round.

Plus, the jazz have a stud (shoulda been first or second pick in his draft) in Rudy. So they got the guy you tank for. Now you build around him.

With Hayward gone we can be done with the wrongheaded Turkey sub era and build around Rudy.

Jazz have promising young talent already to go with their franchise center piece.

It's all good. Go jazz.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Plus, unlike Hayward, Rudy has been vocal and genuine and effusive about team Jazz. Rare these days and he's ours. Now, that may change - I never would've guessed KD would bail on OKC, but for years I wondered why he wasn't more bothered playing next to hero-ball Westbrook. Maybe he really hated it. But with Rudy my BS meter doesn't go off. The guy is a stud and he's loyal.

We are good.

No need to tank.

Jazz have drafted great players at the back of the first round AND in the second round.

Plus, the jazz have a stud (shoulda been first or second pick in his draft) in Rudy. So they got the guy you tank for. Now you build around him.

With Hayward gone we can be done with the wrongheaded Turkey sub era and build around Rudy.

Jazz have promising young talent already to go with their franchise center piece.

It's all good. Go jazz.

Mitchell is the only guy on the roster that fits our new timeline imo.

Pray Gobert turns into Shaq and Rubio turns into Pete Maravich at the start of the season.

Jk you guys need to stop panicking! Hayward was good, no doubt but we've seen this guy choke often, be inconsistent on numerous occasions. We only have one hole to fill, and Hood could possibly step up and give us relief from Hayward dipping out.

The guy we really need to hope gets his **** together is Alec Burks. We still have a ton of assets, so best bet I think would be to work on getting these guys trade value up and hoping someone is looking to dump a star player (ex. Cousins/2017 ASG) around trade deadline.

I hope we find a taker for Rubio and Ingles and tank the **** out of it. I **** want us to do the Hinkie 2.0. I don't care if Silver approves or not. TANK THE **** OUT OF IT. If we cannot keep married with kids and family non-partier Hayward after this FO has done pretty much everything of consequence right, what's the chance we keep any other major star? We should be aiming to build teams within the first 8 years of a player's career (2nd contract). And in order to be successful and competitive, we need the best talent and we need it bunched up together timeline-wise. Tanking is the solution to those. TANK. Get top 3 pick. Tank, get top 3 pic. Tank, get top 3 pick! Hinkie had it right and it's even more right for a situation like the Jazz. Get those 3 top 3 picks to high level, surround them with other pieces and try to compete by the time their second contracts are up. Rinse and repeat.

With all that said, I have no illusions that our FO would do this. They will be happy with chasing playoffs and first round exits. Which is alright... as long as they are not deluding themselves or lying to the fanbase that their goal is a championship.
Philly still sucks doe. Gonna be funny to watch all their high draft picks go to other teams.

Mitchell is the only guy on the roster that fits our new timeline imo.
Ya, exum, burks, hood, favors, gobert, rubio, bolomboy and Bradley are all old as ****. (Sarcasm)