What's new

Ok...Now what?

No one on the free agent list that I have seen/heard about does anything for me.

I'd rather go into this season with mostly the roster we have or make a big trade.

Give Hood, Exum, Mitchell and Burks a chance to shine. Then at the trade deadline start making trades and set the team up to make a splash in 2018 free agency.

With Rubio ----> we should run. Mitchell, Burks were built for a fast offense. Ingles is actually decent on the break, and if anything can hit the trail 3. Might as well have some fun, and use this as a chance to grow. Excited to see a huge chance for Hood to step up. If he can stay healthy I see his numbers going up, and taking on a lot of the void left by hay.

I have always liked James Johnson, he just always under performed until last season. Go get him.

[video=youtube_share;culiDP8XWtQ]https://youtu.be/culiDP8XWtQ

I think we are hurting ourselves if we let Favors walk during his huge contract year, but I like Johnson a lot.

Now what?

Now we see if Lindsey really has plan B, C, D, and E
Now we see if players really do want to play for Snyder
Now we see if Gobert's feisty temperament attracts or repels

I expect Diaw to be moved soon.

DOL will want to act quickly to show the franchise has strength and stability. Boris's contract is worth more as an asset than Boris the player.

My next guess would be Favors is gone. I think the relationship is too fractured, and he still has value. Maybe he wants a chance to be an all-star in the east.

[video=youtube_share;culiDP8XWtQ]https://youtu.be/culiDP8XWtQ

I think we are hurting ourselves if we let Favors walk during his huge contract year, but I like Johnson a lot.

I LOVE this cat. LOVE. His baddassness next to Rudy's would be awesome. I would overpay for him. Slightly. He is 30 years old and last year, in a contract year, was his best which always leaves me slightly hesitannt, and I have no idea what the market is for him but I want him. I want guys who compete, I wanna do it with dudes like this.

Gobert can get 32 at the 5, Favors the backup 16 there, with Favors getting about 8 at the 4 (minutes restriction a little), James Johnson 28 at the 4, and Joe Johnson the remaining 12. Something like this. I think we should trade Joe Jesus anyway so...

Offer this cat 4/40. If someone tops us, so be it. But that's more than the MLE so basically no one should be able to top it iirc, outside of a few teams and the Heat.

DOL will want to act quickly to show the franchise has strength and stability. Boris's contract is worth more as an asset than Boris the player.

My next guess would be Favors is gone. I think the relationship is too fractured, and he still has value. Maybe he wants a chance to be an all-star in the east.

Who do we get for Favors -- no, we should give him the opportunity to comeback. Despite playing on one leg, as he described it, he held down the fort during Rudy's injury against the Clippers. That showed a lot of fortitude but no here seems to recognize that.

I LOVE this cat. LOVE. His baddassness next to Rudy's would be awesome. I would overpay for him. Slightly. He is 30 years old and last year, in a contract year, was his best which always leaves me slightly hesitannt, and I have no idea what the market is for him but I want him. I want guys who compete, I wanna do it with dudes like this.

Gobert can get 32 at the 5, Favors the backup 16 there, with Favors getting about 8 at the 4 (minutes restriction a little), James Johnson 28 at the 4, and Joe Johnson the remaining 12. Something like this. I think we should trade Joe Jesus anyway so...

Offer this cat 4/40. If someone tops us, so be it. But that's more than the MLE so basically no one should be able to top it iirc, outside of a few teams and the Heat.

Why trade Joe Jesus. The guy probably still has two good years left. He was awesome in the playoffs.

Why i agree with most what you said. I would rather have Tatum then Brown. If the Jazz are helping them dump salary then why are we giving them a pick.

#4 Jazz fans can't get over their love for Jabari. That isn't happening.
Tatum is a better prospect than Brown on a longer deal.

Brown is more expendable but Boston could get a pick for him elsewhere. They dont have to sign and trade for Hayward.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I love Favors, but the relationship was strained, then I think they went all in on Hayward even after his agent public declared the Jazz couldn't keep both hayward and Favors.

He posted this today.

[TWEET]882597091570266112[/TWEET]
https://twitter.com/dfavors14/status/882597091570266112

I'd love a pissed off, healthy and motivated Derrick Favors back. Give me the defense the Jazz during that run at the end of 14/15 after we traded Kanter, and the Jazz will make some noise - even without Hayward.

Favors should not be part of the future. He simply does not fit with a young, uptempo team. Plus, I like the long term prospects and contract of Bradley. Favors and Bradley are redundant.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Why trade Joe Jesus. The guy probably still has two good years left. He was awesome in the playoffs.

Jazz will still be good and need some shooting and playmaking once the playoffs roll around. I think people underestimate what Joe Jesus can do as a 3/4 for the Jazz this year. If they come out of the gate this year and look like they're clearly going to miss the playoffs. . . I offer to trade him to the contender of his choice. He deserves that. If the Jazz have a shot at the playoffs, they need to keep him for themselves. It could prove invaluable to have him at the end of the year.

I reckon Boris stays, someone needs to caddy for Rudy on the nightclub scene

I reckon Boris stays, someone needs to caddy for Rudy on the nightclub scene

Boris Diaw's value as a tradeable asset is higher today than it was yesterday at this time. I think the Jazz probably make a pitch to both Rudy Gay and James Johnson for 2 year deals, and then focus on getting a few young guys on cheap deals for depth.

Who knows? Maybe they flip Favors and Burks for a bigger deal. Can't see them sending out any more draft picks at this point though. Still happy with the offseason so far. Everybody is going to write off Utah because of the Hayward leaving to Boston thing. . . Jazz are still extremely talented and now extremely pissed off. Good combination to have imo.

Unless Favor's nets the Jazz a big return in a trade we should definitely keep him. When healthy he is a good fit next to Gobert and a beast. If he is healthy and awesome we can extend him. If he is still hobbled and slow then we can let him walk at the end of the season and let him play the backup 5 until then.

Favs will want a max contract if healthy. And he's been involved in so many trade rumors, I think he's too alienated from the Jazz to want to stay. Would you pay him more than Rudy? He's an expiring to trade at the deadline for picks.