What's new

Ok...Now what?

I like this plan. But why not just put Favors out on the three point line and let him shoot threes too? His shot isn't so bad. Maybe he'll learn to make them.

[TWEET]797251574158348290[/TWEET]

Get real man, that isn't his game. Plus he is injury prone and slow for the PF position. Jazz need to experiment w/ 3 wing lineups around Rubio/Gobert. Speed and shooting.

Fair enough. Not sure you could get that much for him. . . but if it's available and he's on board with it. I don't do anything that sours the relationship we have with him. JJ proved (despite Hayward) that Utah is turning into a basketball destination. I wouldn't want to upend that now.

Also wouldn't mind seeing the Jazz take some chances on young guys who are in need of a change of scenery. Build the depth up and see if anyone pops (ala Whiteside and IT).

Or it proved Utah was willing to give him more money than Miami.

Should we ignore how poorly Bolomboy's shot looked on Monday? Did he shows signs of being a stretch 4 with the Stars?

Yes he did.
Let's watch a few more Sumer league games and see what we think

We should move all the old guys including Joe Ingles who we should have never signed. And find a young players to fit with our new core.

Yeah. Let's let Ingles go.... let's cut a guy who wants to be here and plays his heart out. That would continue to show players we are all about their interest. Sorry but I'm a Ingles fan. He needs to stay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B65TKP5dUow&feature=share

Lots of assists in this short video (I'm thinking about 15 or so). Watch a Hayward season highlight video and you see less assist to scoring ratio amount in his highlights.

Some left hand finishes. Some and ones.
Last season he struggled but he also was probably the best rebounding version of him we have seen. He has become a pretty good catch and shoot 3 point shooter.

I'm excited to see him healthy this year. It's been a long time.

Lots of assists in this short video (I'm thinking about 15 or so). Watch a Hayward season highlight video and you see less assist to scoring ratio amount in his highlights.

Last season he struggled but he also was probably the best rebounding version of him we have seen. He has become a pretty good catch and shoot 3 point shooter.

PLease stop spamming this.

I want to believe

Yes he did.
Let's watch a few more Sumer league games and see what we think

this ^.

...for some reason Bolomboy looked gassed to me. He was lacking energy. Hopefully he shows us a lot more in the rest of summer league.

I truly believe that Bolomboy will be a good rotation player for us in the future. He just needs to get into the flow, and find some comfort out there.

I really don't think all is lost. At the end of his sophomore season, I thought Hood had a solid chance at passing Hayward as our best bucketmaker. His last campaign was bad -- and not all of that was because of injury -- but a lot of it was. If he's healthy, his head is on right, and the offense is built more around him (relative to last year), then I think he can cover a lot of ****ward's scoring load.

Mitchell could have an awesome rookie year. He should be playable right away because of his defense and catch-n-shoot threat.

Exum will get his big shot.

^If two of those guys step up, and Rubio duplicates what we saw during the second half of last year, then we're pretty good.

What will Gobert be next year? If he improves half again what he did last year, then we're stoked.

The FO has plenty of work cut out for them. We have a PF problem. Lack depth at SF.

I really don't think all is lost. At the end of his sophomore season, I thought Hood had a solid chance at passing Hayward as our best bucketmaker. His last campaign was bad -- and not all of that was because of injury -- but a lot of it was. If he's healthy, his head is on right, and the offense is built more around him (relative to last year), then I think he can cover a lot of ****ward's scoring load.

Mitchell could have an awesome rookie year. He should be playable right away because of his defense and catch-n-shoot threat.

^If two of those guys step up, and Rubio duplicates what we saw during the second half of last year, then we're pretty good.

What will Gobert be next year? If he improves half again what he did last year, then we're stoked.

The FO has plenty of work cut out for them. We have a PF problem. Lack depth at SF.

Yes, yes we are. We are Legion.

At this point I have no answers other than CHOO CHOO!! ALL ABOARD!!!

Does the FO/Staff tell Gobert to shoot jumpers now in an effort to expand his game? Would Gobert want to do that (especially if he struggles with it at first)?

Does the FO/Staff tell Gobert to shoot jumpers now in an effort to expand his game? Would Gobert want to do that (especially if he struggles with it at first)?

Good questions. Best left as open questions at this point. I'd have to think that Rudy is the epicenter of this team in all capacities now... so I expected an unleashed beast.

We have to be content with making it to the second round about every 10 years. The WCF about every 20 years and to the Finals once every 40 years. Maybe a Championship sometime in the next 100 years.

Denver Bronco fans will remember a decade+ long stretch where they seemed to have an amazing running game no matter who was in the backfield. They'd lose a 1300 yard rusher and the next guy would step in and run for the same amount. Again and again. Maybe we are that kind of organization.

Denver Bronco fans will remember a decade+ long stretch where they seemed to have an amazing running game no matter who was in the backfield. They'd lose a 1300 yard rusher and the next guy would step in and run for the same amount. Again and again. Maybe we are that kind of organization.

I certainly remember that. Broncos did it 7 seasons in a 9 season period. 4 different backs.

I'd be thrilled if the Jazz had some players step up to fill the void.

Rubio will clearly help with the play making. Hood, Exum, Favors, Gobert and Mitchell are all likely candidates to make a bigger offensive impact.

We have to be content with making it to the second round about every 10 years. The WCF about every 20 years and to the Finals once every 40 years. Maybe a Championship sometime in the next 100 years.

Ehhh, as long as the Jazz avoid the GSW in the 2nd round I think they can beat anyone else in a 7 game series. Not saying they would be the favorite, but I don't see this core as having a ceiling of just the 2nd round.

Just pray to God that Klay Thompson doesnt take a pay-cut to stay with the Warriors on his next contract (which expires in 2 years).