What's new

Ok...Now what?

Philly had horrible luck with injuries and they are still in excellent position going forward. They have 2 no. 1 picks and Embiid who has looked incredible when he played. Sure, with Embiid you don't ever know how healthy he will be, but even without him they still have Fultz and Simmons and even more picks coming next year/2 years from now/.

They are set up for success with clean books and high end prospects. I expect them to make the playoffs in the East Dleague Conference this year.

Fultz and Simmons could suck too though. Neither is a Lebron or AD type star. Hell I don't even think either of their teams made the NCAA tournament.
Like you said, embiid may never be healthy. MCW? Trash. Nerlens Noel? Sucks. Oakafor? Lol
They have had a million top picks. As of now they still suck. And they have tanked harder than anyone in history. Tanking is a crapshoot on whether it works out or not. Then if you do get lucky and draft a star due to your tanking, they might just bounce when they get a chance even if you do everything you can to please them. Especially in a small market.

Why i agree with most what you said. I would rather have Tatum then Brown. If the Jazz are helping them dump salary then why are we giving them a pick.

#4 Jazz fans can't get over their love for Jabari. That isn't happening.

That would include me.....I'm on the Jabari train :)

With Rubio ----> we should run. Mitchell, Burks were built for a fast offense. Ingles is actually decent on the break, and if anything can hit the trail 3. Might as well have some fun, and use this as a chance to grow. Excited to see a huge chance for Hood to step up. If he can stay healthy I see his numbers going up, and taking on a lot of the void left by hay.

Uumm.
Exum wants to join your run and gun team.

I feel very strongly against keeping Favors. I would also try to trade Joe Johnson (and Alec Burks, but I'm not giving thing up to dump him, and I doubt we can do that).

We have Ricky Rubio and Rudy Gobert. Those are our two most talented players on the roster, build around them. That's means shooting, shooting, shooting.

Luckily we have Hood/Mitchell who both seem like they could really benefit from a guy like Rubio. I think that is our SWOTF (Starting wings of the future). Since the PF market is so ****ing bone dry, both in trades and FA, we should start Ingles at PF.

Rubio/Exum/Neto
Mitchell/Burks
Hood
Ingles/Bolomboy
Gobert/Bradley

Fill in the bench w/ w/e were able to get out of the trades. Experiment the **** out of small lineups focus around Rubio/Gobert.

I'm guessing Johnson is just using the Jazz as leverage to get a bigger deal from Miami (which I'm 100% OK with).

James Johnson's agent is Mark Bartlestien. The same guy that reps Haywood. The same guy that said "He is busy writing his essay, but he hasn't decided", so I'm pretty sure he is using Utah and I'm pretty sure the sources are Bartelstein.

I'm guessing Johnson is just using the Jazz as leverage to get a bigger deal from Miami (which I'm 100% OK with).

That would be cool. I know he stated he wanted to stay in Miami - if we can get him paid millions more and do that to The Heat I'm all for it.

I feel very strongly against keeping Favors. I would also try to trade Joe Johnson (and Alec Burks, but I'm not giving thing up to dump him, and I doubt we can do that).

We have Ricky Rubio and Rudy Gobert. Those are our two most talented players on the roster, build around them. That's means shooting, shooting, shooting.

Luckily we have Hood/Mitchell who both seem like they could really benefit from a guy like Rubio. I think that is our SWOTF (Starting wings of the future). Since the PF market is so ****ing bone dry, both in trades and FA, we should start Ingles at PF.

Rubio/Exum/Neto
Mitchell/Burks
Hood
Ingles/Bolomboy
Gobert/Bradley

Fill in the bench w/ w/e were able to get out of the trades. Experiment the **** out of small lineups focus around Rubio/Gobert.
Probably the most thought out plan of action I've seen so far. I'm perfectly fine with moving Favors and going with a Gobert, Jingles, Hood, Mitchell and Rubio starting lineup. 4 out - 1 in with lots of motion and P&R. I'd probably keep Joe Johnson unless he asks for a trade. His veteran leadership will prove to be invaluable this upcoming season and his contract is flexible. Jazz still need to trade Diaw for somebody's unwanted contract, use their MLE exception and maybe add a couple of veterans to one year deals. Try to fill the team out so that exceptional depth helps you get to the playoffs, but feature your young guys starting right now. Hood should be a Most Improved a Player candidate and Mitchell should have a shot at Rookie of the Year.

James Johnson's agent is Mark Bartlestien. The same guy that reps Haywood. The same guy that said "He is busy writing his essay, but he hasn't decided", so I'm pretty sure he is using Utah and I'm pretty sure the sources are Bartelstein.

Yes, every agent uses teams to get the best contract for their client. It's called being an agent.

Probably the most thought out plan of action I've seen so far. I'm perfectly fine with moving Favors and going with a Gobert, Jingles, Hood, Mitchell and Rubio starting lineup. 4 out - 1 in with lots of motion and P&R. I'd probably keep Joe Johnson unless he asks for a trade. His veteran leadership will prove to be invaluable this upcoming season and his contract is flexible. Jazz still need to trade Diaw for somebody's unwanted contract, use their MLE exception and maybe add a couple of veterans to one year deals. Try to fill the team out so that exceptional depth helps you get to the playoffs, but feature your young guys starting right now. Hood should be a Most Improved a Player candidate and Mitchell should have a shot at Rookie of the Year.

I definitely get keeping Johnson, but if you can get a first round pick for him, or a young wing on a rookie contract, you probably have to do it. Utah's plan should be to stockpile as many assets as possible while playing their young guys and experimenting on offense, while keeping Gobert happy.

Rubio/Exum/Neto
Mitchell/Burks
Hood
Ingles/Bolomboy
Gobert/Bradley

I like this plan. But why not just put Favors out on the three point line and let him shoot threes too? His shot isn't so bad. Maybe he'll learn to make them.

[TWEET]797251574158348290[/TWEET]

I definitely get keeping Johnson, but if you can get a first round pick for him, or a young wing on a rookie contract, you probably have to do it. Utah's plan should be to stockpile as many assets as possible while playing their young guys and experimenting on offense, while keeping Gobert happy.
Fair enough. Not sure you could get that much for him. . . but if it's available and he's on board with it. I don't do anything that sours the relationship we have with him. JJ proved (despite Hayward) that Utah is turning into a basketball destination. I wouldn't want to upend that now.

Also wouldn't mind seeing the Jazz take some chances on young guys who are in need of a change of scenery. Build the depth up and see if anyone pops (ala Whiteside and IT).