What's new

Ok...Now what?

Not many good PF FA on the market right now...
What about 3-way trade with Knicks and Cleveland to land K.Love here? Perfect fit with Gobert I think...and it would be "easy" because Melo wants out of NY.
Also 2 years remaining on his deal as well as Rubio. If it does not work...easy to move them next summer or free a lot of space in two years.

There's a lot of overreaction. You'd think with all of these people crying tank that we lost Kevin Durrrant or LeBron.

Haywards presence can be replaced. George Hill can be replaced. Joe Johnson, as much as I love him can be dealt if need be with his expiring, Favors as well. There's a lot of question marks on this team because a few of our guys are on a comeback season from a injury (Exum, Burks, Favors) so it will be interesting to see this team play for minutes. Also Rodney Hood hyperextended his knee at the end of last season so he should be fresh, and ready to go. Remember this guy scored 30 in a half once upon a time. SF/SG starting spot is basically a survival of the fittest.

Philly still sucks doe. Gonna be funny to watch all their high draft picks go to other teams.

Philly had horrible luck with injuries and they are still in excellent position going forward. They have 2 no. 1 picks and Embiid who has looked incredible when he played. Sure, with Embiid you don't ever know how healthy he will be, but even without him they still have Fultz and Simmons and even more picks coming next year/2 years from now/.

They are set up for success with clean books and high end prospects. I expect them to make the playoffs in the East Dleague Conference this year.

With the way Hayward played last season I of course wanted the Jazz to resign him. However I doubt he is and can ever be a tier-1 player and I kind of hated his 'the decision' thing.. Besides giving him $35m/year could have hurt us in the long term. I even think him not resigning might be a blessing in disguise. Had we resigned Hayward we'd have had to dump Burks and/or Favors. Both are talented players with little trade value now. Now we don't have to dump anyone. We give them another year. If one of them is finally healthy we win. Look how Curry turned it around after battling with bum ankles years after years.

Hood will be given more responsibility. Actually people forget he was a top-5 SG earlier last season. He may fail or deliver, the thing is now we may have the chance to see. More minutes for Exum and Mitchell, two guys in our roster with very high ceilings. With the addition of Rubio and departure of Hayward we'll play a higher pace. Our star is not too unhappy because he'll be spoon-fed with a pass-first PG and is now the top dog. With his offense improving vastly last year perhaps he'll find a chance to step up further next season and become a true superstar. He'is under contract till 2021 anyway, it does not matter much if we regress back to 45 wins, GSW will win it anyway.

With all said I'm all for signing a quality offensive player or our games will end up 85-76 now unless Hood breaks out.

No need to tank.

Jazz have drafted great players at the back of the first round AND in the second round.

Plus, the jazz have a stud (shoulda been first or second pick in his draft) in Rudy. So they got the guy you tank for. Now you build around him.

With Hayward gone we can be done with the wrongheaded Turkey sub era and build around Rudy.

Jazz have promising young talent already to go with their franchise center piece.

It's all good. Go jazz.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Rudy was already the Franchise. We were already building around him. Not Hayward. But Hayward was still a valuable piece. You can't win with just one star in todays NBA. You really need 3 to be a top team. With Hayward we were only 1 away. Now we are 2 away. And therein lies the problem with Hayward leaving. How tf do we find a way to get 2 stars next to Rudy before he either passes his prime or leaves because we have a middling roster?

If anyone is questioning Rudy Gay coming back after his Achilles' tendon rupture remember Dominique Wilkins suffered the same injury at 32 years old. He came back the next season and almost averaged 30 points per game and retired at 39.

Don't sign some veteran to take minutes away from the young guys.

If we don;t finally give Exum a chance we are stupid.

Make Hood most improved player.

Give Mitchell every opportunity to win ROY

Favors in a contract year and wants to show us something? Let him.

Definitely don't tank, but don't be stupid either, let's figure out exactly what we have.
Good post

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

We have to stop the belly aching over Hayward. The guy took 5 years to be relevant and bailed as soon as he became an All Star. He never had the backbone I desired. We would have regretted $35 per year.

Back to the thread purpose: what now?

What now is we make calculated moves for the future. I would look towards the following:

#1 - do not sign Rudy Gay. Please no.

#2 - we have to see if we can get Boston to salary dump to us. When Smart, Crowder or Bradley is dumped, let us hope it is to us. Hell, I would s&t Hayward and send our 2018 1st for Jaylen Brown. We know how Boston loves picks...http://hoopshype.com/2017/07/04/expect-the-celtics-to-make-more-moves-after-signing-gordon-hayward/

#3 - Look for salary dump deals. We can gain valuable assets through salary dumps. If we are playing the young guys anyway, pick up another asset. Players teams want to dump - Ryan Anderson, Noah, and Deng come to mind.

#4 - Jabari Parker. This is a pipe dream, but we have to explore it. I would trade the farm for this guy due to fit, etc. Any asset we can send and take back any contract we have to.

That is my short plan. Still work I'm gonna do to provide clearer plans.

The one piece of solace I take from this, is that about 18 months ago I was honestly unsure whether Hood or Hayward had the higher ceiling.

I remember a few other posters mentioning similar things at the time.

I am going to try to believe Hood has stalled a little due to his injuries and his stifled role with Hayward being here.

It is not a long shot that Hood will respond bigly...

Extend Exum and Hood... July 9 (or whatever the first date is).

Send a message of faith in the young core.

Yep. Based on production he might deserve something around 15 per.
Exum prob doesn't deserve more than 5 per.

But I would offer something like:

Hood: 4/62
Exum: 4/45

If anyone is questioning Rudy Gay coming back after his Achilles' tendon rupture remember Dominique Wilkins suffered the same injury at 32 years old. He came back the next season and almost averaged 30 points per game and retired at 39.

Jarrett Jack also had this injury 2 years ago at age 31 I think. He has hardly played since.

I say extend Rodney Hood now! He has proven himself to be an efficient scorer and a great player. I know some of you Jazz fans dislike his streaky shooting but he will improve and will have more opportunity, now that GH left.

No one on the free agent list that I have seen/heard about does anything for me.

I'd rather go into this season with mostly the roster we have or make a big trade.

Give Hood, Exum, Mitchell and Burks a chance to shine. Then at the trade deadline start making trades and set the team up to make a splash in 2018 free agency.

We have to stop the belly aching over Hayward. The guy took 5 years to be relevant and bailed as soon as he became an All Star. He never had the backbone I desired. We would have regretted $35 per year.

Back to the thread purpose: what now?

What now is we make calculated moves for the future. I would look towards the following:

#1 - do not sign Rudy Gay. Please no.

#2 - we have to see if we can get Boston to salary dump to us. When Smart, Crowder or Bradley is dumped, let us hope it is to us. Hell, I would s&t Hayward and send our 2018 1st for Jaylen Brown. We know how Boston loves picks...http://hoopshype.com/2017/07/04/expect-the-celtics-to-make-more-moves-after-signing-gordon-hayward/

#3 - Look for salary dump deals. We can gain valuable assets through salary dumps. If we are playing the young guys anyway, pick up another asset. Players teams want to dump - Ryan Anderson, Noah, and Deng come to mind.

#4 - Jabari Parker. This is a pipe dream, but we have to explore it. I would trade the farm for this guy due to fit, etc. Any asset we can send and take back any contract we have to.

That is my short plan. Still work I'm gonna do to provide clearer plans.

Why i agree with most what you said. I would rather have Tatum then Brown. If the Jazz are helping them dump salary then why are we giving them a pick.

#4 Jazz fans can't get over their love for Jabari. That isn't happening.