What's new

Okay, I'm in Denver, now what?

Bronco70

world's worst
Contributor
I have the Rockies v Giants game tomorrow, but what to do tonight, tomorrow night, and Sunday. I'm downtown, about 15th and Champa. Where should I go.

No, I'm not looking for any weed.

they may have gotten rid of them (I haven't been to Denver in about 10 years) but I always thought the diagonal crosswalks were really cool

(and no, I wasn't high...)

what Archie said - and I think there's an area near the Denver Art museum that's near the downtown area that has lots of galleries and pubs and stuff like that

I have the Rockies v Giants game tomorrow, but what to do tonight, tomorrow night, and Sunday. I'm downtown, about 15th and Champa. Where should I go.

Too bad. Your boy Nate could have hooked you up.

You would think I should know these things....

Anyways, 16th Street Mall is cool to wander around. You get a variety of street performers, but bums too. There is an aquarium and amusement park next to downtown in the Platte River Valley area. Honestly, if you're just limited to downtown there's not a ton other than the typical variety of bars and restaurants and such. Denver has a ton of sports bars. The Sports Column (which is literally less than a block south from Coors Field on Blake) is my personal favorite, though I rarely go to them. Civic Center Park is nice to meander around (its between the City/County building and the state Capital building, about at Colfax and Broadway). The Art Museum is near there too at about 13th and Broadway (more like a block or two west). The Mint is around there too, but I think after 9/11 tours are hard to come by.

If you have a car it's always nice to check out Red Rocks. Boulder is interesting and not too far a drive. I like Pearl St. Mall more than 16th Street myself. I'd say check out the mountain towns but honestly, they are a lot like they are in Utah.

Yeah, the Art Museum is near the Civic Center park. Not far from downtown - not sure if it's close enough to walk there, but I think they have shuttles (might even be free) that go up and down that 16th Street mall area. Also, if you're into this sort of thing, be sure to stop in at the historic Brown Palace Hotel, have a drink or something - - or at least just check it out. It's pretty spectacular.

And even if you're not particularly a museum-type person, Denver has some really nice museums and they're smaller and easier to do than the museums in other big cities like NYC or the Smithsonian. The Art Museum is worth a visit and it's near downtown. I think there's a history museum nearby as well. The other one my kids really liked was further out, near the old airport. It might be called the Exploratorium or something like that. It had some really cool interactive exhibits.

our boys are playing pretty bad lately. hopefully you bring them some good luck.

Went over to 16th last night (basically around the block). It was pretty hopping even though it sprinkled on and off. Nice lightning show. Do they do that every weekend?

Why aren't you looking for any weed?... you should. When in rome

2 Giants losses. Today's was a walk off. I'm drinking heavily now.

So what's the deal on the weed now, Nate?

SLC>Denver

Only until Salt Lake's Downtown continues to build up some more. Salt Lake's downtown doesn't have any topographical qualities to counter skyscrapers so it's going to a miserable place. You don't have enough large non-skyscraper buildings to counter them. There is a direct correlation with skyscraper density in a city and how much they suck to actually be on the ground in to me. I love to look at skyscrapers....from afar....when you're approaching a city....or in an apartment building in the city with a nice view....or on a ferry tour or something. Salt Lake from I-15 is starting to look like a decent city. But they ruin actually being on the ground in cities. The Londons of the world are 100 times better than New York and Hong Kong to be in because you barely notice the handful of skyscrapers London haa and yet the city is massive. San Fran is cool because the Hills counter the skyscrapers.

Only until Salt Lake's Downtown continues to build up some more. Salt Lake's downtown doesn't have any topographical qualities to counter skyscrapers so it's going to a miserable place. You don't have enough large non-skyscraper buildings to counter them. There is a direct correlation with skyscraper density in a city and how much they suck to actually be on the ground in to me. I love to look at skyscrapers....from afar....when you're approaching a city....or in an apartment building in the city with a nice view....or on a ferry tour or something. Salt Lake from I-15 is starting to look like a decent city. But they ruin actually being on the ground in cities. The Londons of the world are 100 times better than New York and Hong Kong to be in because you barely notice the handful of skyscrapers London haa and yet the city is massive. San Fran is cool because the Hills counter the skyscrapers.

What language did you type this in?

posted from my htc one using tapaBONGO

You may not be looking but if I learned anything from dragnet weed is looking for you

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2