What's new

Olympic Tournament

Tokyo is 15 hours ahead of us so the results will be known far before they air at a decent hour.

Miye Oni made the 12-man roster for the Olympics. Hopefully, he makes some more clutch, pull-up 3s.
Oni's team has some NBA talent on it. Ekpe is playing for them as is Jordan Nwora who is on the Bucks roster and played one game for the Stars and had 26 points for them.

Yeesh, I don't think Oni is a high-end defender.

Olympic Patty is different, though.

Yeesh, I don't think Oni is a high-end defender.

Olympic Patty is different, though.
Mike Brown trusts him. Subbed after a blunder but is back in after a quick rest, guarding Patty again.

Boomers looked comfortable. I suppose this is a down game from Nigeria, they kinda looked exhausted, out of options down the lane. Wish I could have catched it sooner.

Good start for the boys, pulled through against a real quality defensive team. Dante with a true Exum like game, hit a few shots, got to the rim easily and blew a few layups, couple of excellent passes and terrific defense topped off by falling over after missing a shot 2-3 times and the obligatory unlucky dude stepping in his ankle from behind

Good start for the boys, pulled through against a real quality defensive team. Dante with a true Exum like game, hit a few shots, got to the rim easily and blew a few layups, couple of excellent passes and terrific defense topped off by falling over after missing a shot 2-3 times and the obligatory unlucky dude stepping in his ankle from behind
Some of the bad shots were because Ingles passed the ball to him with like 2 seconds while Exum had to blow by a defender. That barely changed, lol.

I seriously thought he was injured after he drew the charge on Okogie and hit the support beam. It's kinda like watching kids at the park, you expect something bad to happen all the time.

Good game, though. He seems to be getting more comfortable and confident as he plays more and playing in control.

Some of the bad shots were because Ingles passed the ball to him with like 2 seconds while Exum had to blow by a defender. That barely changed, lol.

I seriously thought he was injured after he drew the charge on Okogie and hit the support beam. It's kinda like watching kids at the park, you expect something bad to happen all the time.

Good game, though. He seems to be getting more comfortable and confident as he plays more and playing in control.

yup overall he was really good and a real positive.

Oh, I forgot about Vincent Collett. Not many good memories about him as the coach of France. He had some success, though.

Popovich said, they have been preparing for France for 2 years. What a punch in the face it would be if they lost. They are the favourites, though.

Right off the bat, Gobert effect in first possession. Adebayo blew a wide open lay-up because Gobert was trailing lol.

Nice of Batum to immediately feed Gobert with Durant guarding him. Gobert draws the foul.

I would like Batum on the Jazz for the high IQ, quick plays but I don't think he is a good defender anymore.

Only 2 baskets after Durant subbed out because of foul trouble for USA and they both came in transition. France can't be turning the ball over. Gotta play Heurtel with Gobert so he can always find him. He is passing to cutters that are at disadvantage.

Lillard has taken control. Nando De Colo and Gobert burned Adebayo but Lillard with two 3s keeps them ahead.

France is getting good looks by flashing and cutting to the free throw lane. Just not converting them at a good rate. They were helping from under the rim when Moustapha Fall was in but not with Gobert.

Durant with 3 fouls before halftime. That's nice.

Gobert just snuffed Lillard's attempt to iso him. Quite satisfactory tbh. And Batum fed Gobert in the post while Jrue was guarding him with another quick pass. Easy dunk.

Last edited:
Durant with 4. 3 of them were on Gobert. Nice wrinkle to make Rudy post up Durant on the move.

Fournier on fire.

2 big line-up for France with Gobert and Poirier is working. Tie game.