What's new

Omnibus Gordon Hayward Thread (To clean up the Board some)

BabyPeterzz

Contributor
"The Decision" Tour....for an RFA??

This offseason tour Hayward is going on is annoying and kind of stupid. How many RFA's are courting and visiting teams this offseason? Maybe I'm taking things too seriously, but he's going on a Melo tour and, whether he thinks so or not, he ain't no Melo.

I think Hayward wants out. Now. He looking desperately for a max offer, or the most toxic offer out there. Hell, if he doesn't find one I'll be he takes the qualifying offer and becomes a UFA next season and bolts.

Either he comes to a deal with the Jazz or we should seriously consider and S&T.

Anyone else think this RFA tour is a slap in the face?

This offseason tour Hayward is going on is annoying and kind of stupid. How many RFA's are courting and visiting teams this offseason? Maybe I'm taking things too seriously, but he's going on a Melo tour and, whether he thinks so or not, he ain't no Melo.

I think Hayward wants out. Now. He looking desperately for a max offer, or the most toxic offer out there. Hell, if he doesn't find one I'll be he takes the qualifying offer and becomes a UFA next season and bolts.

Either he comes to a deal with the Jazz or we should seriously consider and S&T.

I think he is just looking for the most money, doesn't mean he wants out.

I think he is just looking for the most money, doesn't mean he wants out.

I also agree with this. He does not want out especially to go to the NC.

He is looking for money and looks extremely desperate. The Tour really just makes me hope even more that he does not get the max just to shove the lameness in his face.

If I'm looking for a job, I'll look at all of my options. The reason it's taking a long time for hayward is because of Melo, Lebron, etc. Teams are waiting to see what happens with those players before going after the smaller prizes.

Don't all FA, UFA or RFA, do a tour of some kind? The only difference is that Hayward is our most publicized FA, so we know about all his destinations.

I don't think it's stupid at all. He's one of the top free agents available after the first tier. He's doing what all free agents do. Melo just did the same thing. Teams are recruiting him to their cities so he's checking things out. What do you want him to do? 12-16 million is a lot of money. The Jazz seem to be ok with it so why is everyone taking this so personally? It doesn't mean he wants out. He's just doing exactly what any one of us would do in the same situation. It's just business. Why are people so offended?

Courting other teams? I'm pretty sure he isn't inviting himself. Put yourself in his shoes. All the guy is doing is entertaining interested parties who reach out to him, fly him out for a dog and pony show, and ultimately determine his market value for the Jazz. Desperation, no-- he's doing his due diligence. And whether it results in a max contract (not likely, imo), or just a really nice one, he's going to get a significant pay raise as a reward. Good for him.

Seriously, what's a few thousand for plane tickets and hotel rooms to a guy looking to make over a million a month? I don't begrudge him trying to get more money, I just don't want him back if the cost is too high.

Honest question: Why does Hayward need so much money for?

He flies coach, eats at Olive Garden, and drives a simple midsize economy car. The guy is a tightwad...he doesn't like spending money obviously, so I don't understand the over the top desperation/greed? For $10M/year, he can buy a whole fleet of Honda Accords and eat at Olive Garden and Subway 365 days a year...

It doesn't upset me that Hayward is doing his due diligence and trying to get the best deal he can. What do you expect him to say no when people ask him to come talk with them? He is a FA and this is the process. Jazz could have wrapped him up and avoided all this theatrics.

The Jazz fans that are acting like their high school girlfriend is cheating on them when Hayward talks to another team need to realize that it isn't about them, it is business and there is no loyalty on either side. Hayward has to do what is best for his future and talking doesn't mean he is leaving or staying. No one knows at this point. It is all speculation. If he comes back I will treat him just like before. I won't be surprised that a few Jazz fans will turn on him but they are the ones who take it personally. The way I deal with guys leaving is to remind myself that I am a Jazz fan first and not a Hayward or any other player first. I was sad to see Millsap leave but I got over it because I saw the sound reason for doing it. Jazz players come and go but I am always a Jazz fan.

He flies coach, eats at Olive Garden, and drives a simple midsize economy car. The guy is a tightwad...he doesn't like spending money obviously, so I don't understand the over the top desperation/greed? For $10M/year, he can buy a whole fleet of Honda Accords and eat at Olive Garden and Subway 365 days a year...

He is married to a babe. Has to keep her happy with $$$.

It isn't greed to get what you can when you have an opportunity to do so. I always find it funny how most people think the players are greed for wanting a few extra million $$$ but the owners can make as much as they want any nobody complains. Besides if your in Hayward's place I am sure you would turn down and extra $4 million a year. I don't think so.

I don't blame him at all. As for why this is all being publicized, everyone seems to forget that there is an agent involved in this process. He's likely the one that started the max deal rumor. Then when that didn't work, the agent books the team visits and informs the press where each stop is going to be. You can bet that any time Hayward has a question, the agent is in his ear telling him what will be best for his career. It's what agents do.

When he ends back up with the Jazz and some of us annoying fans boo him because he made more money than they think he should, he will have his agent to thank for it.

As for the person who asked why such a tightwad needs the money, tightwads are exactly the kind of people that look for the best deal.

Seriously, what's a few thousand for plane tickets and hotel rooms to a guy looking to make over a million a month? I don't begrudge him trying to get more money, I just don't want him back if the cost is too high.

You think that cheap guy is paying his own way? He is just using the FA tour as a way to get an extended honeymoon with the new bride all on other peoples dime.