What's new

On the record...

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
Here is the off-season rant/boast thread. Go on the record here for anything that floats your boat. Want to tout a specific player? Go for it. Make a prediction about win-loss or playoffs? Have at it? Rant about the ****** officiating in the NBA today? Get after it!

For me I want to go on the record to say that I hate that we traded Gobert. Yeah I know for the long run it is best for the team, but he was a supreme competitor and a generational talent and I loved having him on our team. He was one of the more entertaining players we have ever had and we haven't had anyone with his loyalty in a long long time. Sad to see him go and I hope he gets a ring and a couple more DPOY since he should have 2 more right now. Got robbed. ****ing voter fatigue ********.

Ok, next?

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

Here is the off-season rant/boast thread. Go on the record here for anything that floats your boat. Want to tout a specific player? Go for it. Make a prediction about win-loss or playoffs? Have at it? Rant about the ****** officiating in the NBA today? Get after it!

For me I want to go on the record to say that I hate that we traded Gobert. Yeah I know for the long run it is best for the team, but he was a supreme competitor and a generational talent and I loved having him on our team. He was one of the more entertaining players we have ever had and we haven't had anyone with his loyalty in a long long time. Sad to see him go and I hope he gets a ring and a couple more DPOY since he should have 2 more right now. Got robbed. ****ing voter fatigue ********.

Ok, next?
I hate that Jazzfanz are rooting for Gobert to win a title. That’s just one more year the jazz aren’t winning. Anyone rooting for Gobert to win is an idiot, and I was the biggest Gobert homer here. I moved on when the jazz did.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
I hate that Jazzfanz are rooting for Gobert to win a title. That’s just one more year the jazz aren’t winning. Anyone rooting for Gobert to win is an idiot, and I was the biggest Gobert homer here. I moved on when the jazz did.
Hey we aren't winning it in the next 3-5 years. They can win one or two in that time frame, give us something to cheer for, then we can take over and it can be our turn for a dynasty from these 1,349 draft picks we are going to get.

hgb

Contributor
They can struggle with injuries and **** and be a playin team, win the playin and then the whole thing.

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

Hey we aren't winning it in the next 3-5 years. They can win one or two in that time frame, give us something to cheer for, then we can take over and it can be our turn for a dynasty from these 1,349 draft picks we are going to get.
Just not wired that way. If I see Gobert win with the Wolves, All I’ll think is wtf couldn’t Gobert win with Utah. That would just infuriate me more than anything. That is the last thing I want to see happen. I don’t care how good we are in the next few years good or bad. It will still be gut wrenching to me.

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

I want to see the jazz keep and develop Vando. He’s got some interesting skill sets, and basketball feel is definitely one of them. Good passer and some handling chops. He’s got potential as a super role player with some dog. I like Kessler as well. I think he can be a defender right away giving him time to develop his jump shot, as of now it’s not there but has potential. I don’t believe Horford had a jump shot right out of the gate.

Put these two in the starting lineup, keep Mitchell. Trade all other vets, and grab some draft assets and build. We have under 3 years to convince Mitchell to stay and re-sign in Utah.

One Brow

Ok, next?
That covered it for me. I'll still enjoy Jazz basketball next year.

NUMBERICA

Just not wired that way. If I see Gobert win with the Wolves, All I’ll think is wtf couldn’t Gobert win with Utah. That would just infuriate me more than anything. That is the last thing I want to see happen. I don’t care how good we are in the next few years good or bad. It will still be gut wrenching to me.
You don't have to be a little man, too.

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
I'm probably just going to obsess about the draft again this year.

There's no one on the current roster that I'm all that excited about, and I'm assuming the Jazz will trade Donovan mid-season. Maybe I'll argue that NAW could be a successful role player.

Saint Cy of JFC

I want to see the jazz keep and develop Vando. He’s got some interesting skill sets, and basketball feel is definitely one of them. Good passer and some handling chops. He’s got potential as a super role player with some dog. I like Kessler as well. I think he can be a defender right away giving him time to develop his jump shot, as of now it’s not there but has potential. I don’t believe Horford had a jump shot right out of the gate.

Put these two in the starting lineup, keep Mitchell. Trade all other vets, and grab some draft assets and build. We have under 3 years to convince Mitchell to stay and re-sign in Utah.
Vanderbilt is the kind of player who would develop much better in a winning situation vs a tanking team. Not really that interested in watching him on a bad team.