What's new

One more hour till Jimmertime...

Not to take away from BYU's win but SD State offense looked so bad, can you say overrated?

I don't get the hype behind Kawhi Leonard, dude looks pretty average

Of course their offense looking bad had nothing to do with BYU's scouting reports or defense....

Not to take away from BYU's win but SD State offense looked so bad, can you say overrated?

I don't get the hype behind Kawhi Leonard, dude looks pretty average

They're not overrated. They'll kill anybody that can't shoot the ball well from the outside, and they were missing close shots yesterday.

If you look at the teams stats for NCAA bball, most of the high volume 3 point shooting teams and high 3 pt percentage teams aren't that good and won't be playing in the tourney. Those are the types of teams that will give SDSU trouble. The only two that are both high volume and high percentage that are going to do damage in the tourney are BYU and Duke. If SDSU plays either of those two, pick against them. Anybody else, pick at your own peril.

Thoughts on who would win at a neutral site, the 04-05 Ute team led by Bogut? Or this BYU team led by Jimmer? Both teams were quite powerful as I remember. Didn't that Ute team get to the Sweet 16? Had they had an outside shooter other than... Jackson? Right? They probably could have been in the final 4 as Bogut was unstoppable.

Utes, by a landslide.

Riiiiggggghhhhht......

Picture of Millsapa

images

I am from Utah, but I had no idea who Jimmer was until they started talking about him in the forum here. So I watched some games, and footage, and read about him and his stats and draft previews to see what he was like.

BYU deserves to get a 1st seed. RPI ratings favor them over nearly every other candidates that can be proposed to get a top seed. BYU is very versatile defensively, and is underrated as an offensive team. Percentage wise, they are not in top10 despite being a high scoring team, but it's more than just the Jimmer Show. Achilles heel of this team is consistent post scoring -which is a luxury to have in NCAA nowadays- and Jimmer's forcing the issue too much sometimes and getting the team out of offensive rhythm when you feel like it is time for the team to make a push, in my opinion. Glad to see them 3rd in rankings.

Brandon Davies dismissed from the team for an HC violation? That kills their chance at a #1 seed.

BYU is now pathetically thin in the frontcourt.
I don't like their odds now.
So now it's live and die totally by the 3... not a good recipe.