What's new

Open Enrollment - Let's All Complain

Know one knows as of now.

Maybe the cost is simply less weapons, tanks, naval warships, stealth bombers and war.

Maybe that's all it would cost.

Also, we are already paying the cost right ****ing now between workers and employers. The money already exists. Just needs to be used and distributed differently.

Or cut that enormous military budget in half.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I agree 100% I'm sick and tired of being the worlds police and don't get me started on foreign aid... Cant stand seeing how much we pay in taxes while god knows how much goes over seas . Fix that and we can start talking about cheap healthcare for all.

We do have the best healthcare. Just because the majority of other countries citizens like their healthcare because it "free" doesn't make it better than ours.
No we don't. I have been sick as **** for 3 months straight and haven't been to the doctor cause it's too expensive. Haven't missed a day of work either (been working overtime the entire time actually). Been paying that premium every week though.

That's not the best

We're the wealthiest nation in human history. There's no reason we can't figure this out, all we lack is the political will.

Exactly. It comes from all sides.
As both a US and Spanish citizen, and having experienced both systems first hand I can assure you that we’re being taken for a ride with the pharmaceutical companies bloating the prices of drugs.

Some of that is also the fact that it is developed here. As someone with CF, I am grateful to be in the US in this "messed up system" As for CF patients, we have medicine and equipment that isn't even an option in Canada because their "free" healthcare wont pay for it.

No we don't. I have been sick as **** for 3 months straight and haven't been to the doctor cause it's too expensive. Haven't missed a day of work either (been working overtime the entire time actually). Been paying that premium every week though.

That's not the best

So your insurance sucks? I was sick as a dog last spring so I went to the instacare, got chest xrays... and still didn't cost much. Just go to the doctor man, find out whats going on.

So your insurance sucks? I was sick as a dog last spring so I went to the instacare, got chest xrays... and still didn't cost much. Just go to the doctor man, find out whats going on.
Yes my insurance sucks. Many peoples insurance sucks. Don't you see that is a major part of the issue?

Being able to see a doctor shouldn't be something that one person can do with little cost and someone else has to pay way more for. And how different locations have different prices and different doctors/facilities that are covered by different insurances.

All of this is a problem.

Best? Lol at that

I’ve never had it where I had to decide whether if going to the ER or not when my left arm went all numb (nerve issue) because of the upfront costs. I didn’t and decided to just suck it up and try to find other alternatives. Luckily it’s gone now for the most part.

...Premium: $575 a month for me, $1,015 for my employer
My Analysis: I'm paying nearly $22K a year (premium payments - including employer portion since this is basically just a reduction in how much they can pay me and thus coming out of my pocket) for insurance that I will likely never use.
Interesting OP. I do not agree that your employer portion is coming out of your pocket. Quite the opposite, you are getting that tax free, for free, and should be thankful for that.

I mean it’s not even a subject of political discussion in Spain. Regular people and lawmakers all make use of M4A and the natl debt is not as high as it is here. National debt per capita that is.

One thing I find funny is that the same people who think our healthcare system is fine the way it is are usually the same people who hate welfare and handouts and the poor.

Well did you know that many people are poor and need welfare and handouts because of medical expenses?

So the thing you like (our healthcare system) is actually a big time contributor to the thing you hate (handouts/welfare).

Exactly.
I think the next administration will actually make some changes to this broken system. Whether republican or Democrat.
Unless the next administration is still Trump's

Will they? How many changes can be made under a Mitch McConnell controlled senate? Especially if Donald is still around and tweeting nonstop as a regular citizen/guest on Fox News every night?

Will they? How many changes can be made under a Mitch McConnell controlled senate? Especially if Donald is still around and tweeting nonstop as a regular citizen/guest on Fox News every night?
I think if Donald is gone then changes will be made

And I am shocked by their quality. Can't have it all.

Half our company is in the UK, I talk to them about health care a lot when I'm over there because its always been interesting. They all seem very happy with the quality of their care. They say they get their issues taken care of quickly and effectively. I have yet to hear one corroboration of the scare tactic stories I commonly hear about having to wait a year for surgery and stuff like that.

Exactly. It comes from all sides.

Clearly not all sides. It's the primary campaign focus of at least presidential candidate and the previous president to Trump spent his first term with a legislative focus on this issue as well.

Interesting OP. I do not agree that your employer portion is coming out of your pocket. Quite the opposite, you are getting that tax free, for free, and should be thankful for that.

How am I getting it for free? Lol. I work for them.

Many years ago, employers had nothing to do with employees getting health insurance. You got paid, and if you wanted to, you could purchase private health insurance with that money. Over time, because the government decided that health premiums were tax deductible, employees started requesting benefits in place of a portion of their salary. This has been the primary reason for stagnant wages over the past few decades. Anyone who doesn't consider this as part of their earnings doesn't understand how a business decides to pay people. At my CPA firm, each year we receive information from our service provider regarding the increase in premiums. Then it is decided how much of this will be picked up by the employer vs employee. Only after that can we decide how large pay increases will be for each employee. If the firm is picking up more of the premium, it has a direct impact on how large the raises will be.

It also masks the true cost of healthcare from the American people. If our employers first paid their portions of the health insurance premiums to us directly, then we were in charge of paying the insurance company, only then would people truly know and feel the full cost and impact. There would be RIOTS!

And I am shocked by their quality. Can't have it all.
It's funny that sooo many Americans are disappointed in the medical service people in other countries get when the people in those countries are perfectly happy with their coverage and service and wouldn't trade if for what we deal with. Also funny (in a really sad not at all funny kind of way) that all these other western nations have better health outcomes than we do, despite what many Americans portray as such horrific poor quality medical care.

At my projected income for the next year, the Obamacare offerings in Utah want me to pay monthly premiums of $750 at one tier or $950 at a higher tier. That's just for me with no dependents and no issues or pre-existing conditions. There's a private network in Utah that's more competitive, but I have to say I'm shocked by the monthly premiums with Obamacare.

It's worse than what I saw in Calif. I'm assuming it's because people who earn more are supposed to subsidize care for people who earn less.