What's new

Open Scrimmage October 5 at 4 p.m. MT!

People, even though he has physical shortcomings, Burke's main problem is mostly mental. So, let's not execute him already.

We should start and play him all the preseason, early season and even the whole season. We should give him every chances this season. If he doesn't quit sucking, only after then, we can decide what to do with him.

Hell, I'm not even a Burke fan because I like only pure PGs, but since we drafted this kid, lets let him to prove himself, through the season and real basketball games, instead of meaningless scrimmages or pick up games.

Isn't it what this season about?

I think he starts when he gets his confidence. I think laying all that pressure on him might break him. Just because we took him early in the first round it doesn't mean he is an automatic starter. How far into the season are we going to get until the Trey Burke excuses stop. I believe players should earn their minutes, so when he earns them he can have them. Right now it would be embarrassing for him and the Jazz.

Gobert looks like he is going to be a stud. I say give him the minutes and **** biedrins.

Rewatching.

Favors has a bad *** Maloneesque play early on where he ball fakes real low to freeze Evans then shoots the easy J. Watch that and tell me working with Malone didn't do anything, it's uncanny.

I had this exact thought when I saw it.

I think he starts when he gets his confidence. I think laying all that pressure on him might break him. Just because we took him early in the first round it doesn't mean he is an automatic starter. How far into the season are we going to get until the Trey Burke excuses stop. I believe players should earn their minutes, so when he earns them he can have them. Right now it would be embarrassing for him and the Jazz.

Gobert looks like he is going to be a stud. I say give him the minutes and **** biedrins.

I'd be ok with this thought if only there was a player in the team that truly deserves the starting PG position more than Burke. Burks is not a PG and shouldn't start at PG ever.

If we want to reduce the pressure and stress off from Burke, we can do it via other ways like Hayward playing PointForward, Burks sharing PG mins at PG, coaches and Lucas mentoring him and tell him it is OK to be in his situation(because it's really ok) etc etc...

I'd be ok with this thought if only there was a player in the team that truly deserves the starting PG position more than Burke. Burks is not a PG and shouldn't start at PG ever.

If we want to reduce the pressure and stress off from Burke, we can do it via other ways like Hayward playing PointForward, Burks sharing PG mins at PG, coaches and Lucas mentoring him and tell him it is OK to be in his situation(because it's really ok) etc etc...

huh?

guys, just prepare yourself for the idea that burke is not the future

no one will wait for a guy for 4-5 years till he will figure it out when you have a core already ready to shine

and it will not be lillard 2.0 this season

most likely next season lindsay will bring a starting pg and burke will be traded the next 2 seasons

Burke is just a complementary player to the core. It's 2014 draft where we will find our star and form the team to be a contender. I believe Burke will be part of the team then but not as important as some think.

i said that shabazz muhammad is the best player in 2013 draft, but what we did? we traded him.

burks play 1 muhammad 2 hayward 3 enes 4 favors 5

lol jazz lol

My rotation:

Burks (25 mins) - Burke (15 - 20 mins) - Lucas III (0 - 5 minutes)
Hayward (35 mins) - Clark (10 mins)
Jefferson (20 - 25 mins) - Rush (20 - 25 mins)
Kanter (30 - 35 mins) - (Evans 15 - 20 mins)
Favors (30 mins) - Gobert (10 - 15 mins) - Biedrins (0 - 5 minutes)

I'm a homer, I know but this is Kanter's team. He is the only guy with Superstar potential, imo. Favors and Hayward are the two core players next to him with star potential. Burks would be a great spark off the bench, playing 25 - 30 minutes per game as the first scoring option coming from the bench. Burke could become an average starter at the PG position but I think he has more the ceiling of a very good back up PG.

I have been very impressed by Gobert. Could play the Omer Asik role when he played for the Bulls.

i said that shabazz muhammad is the best player in 2013 draft, but what we did? we traded him.

burks play 1 muhammad 2 hayward 3 enes 4 favors 5

lol jazz lol

I think muhammad struggled really bad in summer league too.... and was worse than burke in college.

Plus... alec burks is better than shabazz

Nothing to see here..... this is just how most of us thought the season would go and I believe that the FO planned on losing lots of game
So everything is going according to plan.

The point guard position as a whole group is going to suck bad (even if burke gets better)

Hayward will be pretty good, burks will be pretty good, favors will play great defense and make some exciting plays, kanter will be the best player on the team, and the bench will suck it up and help us lose a lot of games.

Then we get a top 5 pick in the draft, plus golden states pick...... we use some money to get a quality free agent and make the playoffs next year.

Everything is going according to plan, and I'm loving it

Cowhide, did you notice, and did you find it odd that the first few sets the Jazz put the ball in Haywards hands instead of Burke's? It looked like the traditional jazz high post flex offense, but Burke was the weakside outlet instead of the initiator. I'm not sure what it means. I know that Burke was left open at the top weakside, and was tempted into taking the shot but kept missing it.

Also, Hayward's team stood around and watched alot. It was painful to watch them watching. It could be a long season if the Jazz try to play Alfense with Kanter in place of Al and Trey playing the role of Randy Foye.

I noticed it and yes I think the Jazz with rely on a two guard system with Hayward being a distributor. Kanter does have to watch being AL but I think everyone is forgetting that Malone took the majority of shots too. The thing Malone did is he learned to pass. I think Kanter will be fine. In a scrimmage it is tough to judge because there are so many substitutions.

Remember this is a year of development and evaluation, it is going to take time for everyone to get with the program. Burke is going to have to learn that he doesn't need to shoot as much. He just came down one time and threw up a jump shot.

Really did you expect Burke to just step in and be an All-star? Stockton didn't even start his first few years. Yea I know we had Ricky Green but he wasn't ready as a rookie. People need to calm down about Burke. I can't believe how people have turned on him because he had a bad summer league. I saw improvement. He made more jumpshots in this game than he did in all of his summer games. He ran the pick and roll a few times. Lucas and everyone's darling Machado played ok. None of the PGs looked NBA ready but Burke still has the most potential. Machado is not a rookie and he can't shoot either. He certainly is worthy as the 3rd guard but please some of you make it sound as he is the next big thing.

So from mellow's recap, it sounds as if the Riggin for Wiggins campaign is alive and well. Now I'm not sure which direction the Jazz should go: sounds like they need Randle, Wiggins AND Harrison!

While they all would be nice we are fine down low. The answer is clearly Wiggins.

Thanks to the great DJJazy Jody for this unofficial Box score:

BV2dutACMAAr0-m.jpg

Nice!!

Did all you Corbin hating dick buglers see the amount of offense ran last night? (and that's with a bunch of camp invitees)

If anyone knows how to capture and store videos found online then I'd really appreciate some info. Some really good stuff to be found in the scrimmage.

1228724.jpg

David Locke reacts to Derrick Favors saying he doesn't need a go to move.

1228742.jpg

a bunch more on desnews web page.