What's new

Other Fans thinking about the Jazz Rookies

Burks is one of the highest regarded players from the universal fan base. Haven't heard one bad thing about him.

Burks is one of the highest regarded players from the universal fan base. Haven't heard one bad thing about him.
We were fortunate this draft had so many PG's and foreign bigs. Burks got pushed down a bit as a result. Nice to see us "homers" aren't the only ones who are high on Burks.

What about the fact that he can't shoot, nor does he play defense? I consider those to be fairly notable issues.

He can shoot fine. His three point range seems to be improving rapidly judging from workouts and the pro am games.
Judging defense is a very subjective matter. All I know is he has all the tools to be a good defender including quick feet and long arms. Remember this guy did just about everything on Colorado on the offensive end, so it is not unthinkable he took a play off now and then given he was making 0 dollars at the end of the day.

What about the fact that he can't shoot, nor does he play defense? I consider those to be fairly notable issues.

David Locke's main point about his defense was that he was an inconsistent defender, but when he put his mind to it, mainly in crunch time, he was a great defender.

Mark this down...

Burks will be a great defender, and will be so good he will be starting 1/4 of the way through the season, if we have a season.

Explain this, please. Based off what? What others have said?

You're aware that all shots inside the 3pt line aren't dunks.........right? You're aware of his effective FG %........right? You're aware of his .503 overall FG% combined for his career.........right? You're aware of his .798% combined FT% for his career......right?

But instead of heeding the age old advice "don't believe everything you hear", you just keep on doing the opposite.......and viola, you're now an NBA expert!

GlassEater said:
We were fortunate this draft had so many PG's and foreign bigs. Burks got pushed down a bit as a result. Nice to see us "homers" aren't the only ones who are high on Burks.

I agree with you. It looks liek Burks is probably going to be way better than Kanter. I guess KOC just knew that the other GMs didn't realize this so he knew he had to get the big goof first even though Burks is the better player. I just hope we can find a way to move Hayward so that their personal beef doesn't effect the team.

I agree with you. It looks liek Burks is probably going to be way better than Kanter. I guess KOC just knew that the other GMs didn't realize this so he knew he had to get the big goof first even though Burks is the better player. I just hope we can find a way to move Hayward so that their personal beef doesn't effect the team.
Give it a rest, Meathead.

+1

I don't know if he's serious about thinking there's a "personal beef" between the two, or if he's just trying to be funny, but either way it's not working.

He doesn't believe it nor do I believe he's trying to be funny. I think it's just his schtik. What I do wonder is if he can actually add something to the discussion (any topic) concerning the game of basketball, intelligently.

How can anyone say "it looks like Burks is going to be way better than Kanter" ???
Based on what?
Ill go with the thought that it is just his schtik. I cant believe, even here at jazzfanz, that anyone can truly believe the stuff he says.

How can anyone say "it looks like Burks is going to be way better than Kanter" ???
Based on what?
Ill go with the thought that it is just his schtik. I cant believe, even here at jazzfanz, that anyone can truly believe the stuff he says.

Coming into the draft I thought Kanter was the best player in the draft. I think I even made a post saying that I would take him first overall.

He doesn't believe it nor do I believe he's trying to be funny. I think it's just his schtik. What I do wonder is if he can actually add something to the discussion (any topic) concerning the game of basketball, intelligently.
I just hate the fact that an all time NBA great's name is being used in vain in his screen name. I think a screen name like KyryloFesenkalypse would be more his speed...

Explain this, please. Based off what? What others have said?

You're aware that all shots inside the 3pt line aren't dunks.........right? You're aware of his effective FG %........right? You're aware of his .503 overall FG% combined for his career.........right? You're aware of his .798% combined FT% for his career......right?

But instead of heeding the age old advice "don't believe everything you hear", you just keep on doing the opposite.......and viola, you're now an NBA expert!

Mr. Statistician, I noticed you left out his 3 pt shooting %s, a shot which will soon be his mid range jumper. Scoring in the NBA is not like scoring in the Big 12; if you can't keep the defense honest with a knock down jump shot, you won't be able to beat anyone off the dribble like he could in college.

I think Burks is going to be a solid NBA player, and getting the top rated SG (a badly needed spot on our roster) at 12 is a nice deal, but let's be honest and realistic about some of the kid's weaknesses that are going to be exposed when playing in the NBA. You're condescending tone of saying "right" after every point and the way you tried to label me as a self-proclaiming "NBA expert" for simply stating what the kid may struggle with at the next level suggests that perhaps some of us need to calm down a bit about his future until we see him play. The kid was picked 12th, not 2nd. I'm as excited as the next guy to watch Burks play, and didn't think it would be unreasonable to wonder how his weaknesses in college will hold up in the NBA...