What's new

Other Kanter trade ideas....just because we can

Oh....and definelty not fair to Favors to discount the progress he has made each and every year...**** just in past 10 games.

Formula

1 offensive frontcourt player
1 defensive frontcourt player
1 defensive backcourt player
1 offensive backcourt player
1 3&D wing player

Bench full of lunch pail, braided up, badasses.

I was thinking earlier how based on our current roster, we could fill out and try to emulate and become like the recent Pistons or Celts teams.

First, those teams had two solid interior defenders ala Wallace/Wallace and Garnett/Perkins. IMO, we have that in Favors/Gobert. Gobert is already better than his competitors (Ben and Kendrick) on offense. A few years with some added experience, wisdom, weight gain and strength and he can be a better defender than Kendrick and relatively close to Ben. Favors will never be as good as Garnett was on defense but he can be better than Rasheed. Regardless, coupled together, Rudy and Gobert could become a suffocating defensive tandem. The key to that tandem then imo is Favors development on offense. Give him three years with Quin and I think he could have a solid 17 footer along with a post, counter move or two. He'll never be as god as Rasheed or Kevin on offense but he could become a threat, so to speak

So now we come to the wings. Outside of Rondo, were Pierce and Allen tremendously talented defenders? Outside of probably Prince, were Billups or Hamilton? My answer would be no. I think in time, Hayward could be almost an equal to Pierce. He lacks a little of Pierce's size but I think he could become a hard-working, crafty defender like Pierce. Maybe, maybe not. If we shifted him to the 2, I definitely think he can be as effective as Rip and Allen were on defense and sort of similar to the former on offense. He's not as quick as those guys? Perhaps. Regardless, I think Hayward has such a strong ball iq and work ethic (and now coaching to support those) that he would be a very effective defender.

So, not that I'm spouting out some amazingly insightful stuff here, but I think as others have said, we need a 3 and D player. The Celts had that in Posey. A Tony Allen, Kawhi Leonard type would do wonders here. Hayward wouldn't have to defend the opponent's best wing. Could Hood become this guy? I'm not sure. I have faith in his shooting but I admittedly don't know enough about his defense and worry about his injuries. So yeah, a Johnson or Winslow pick may be ideal. How's this kid from UVA who is shooting like 50% from three? UVA may be the best defensive team in the country so if he plays awesome d, I wonder if he too may be a great 3 and d player. Regardless, this needs to be the role we go after in this coming draft imo. If we go after one of those foreigners, I'm down with that too. They look legit and I have faith in Dennis.

I'm not saying this would be the opening night lineup but this one here would be pretty sick, especially if our pt's develop which i think they would as Burke has to realize his job is on the line and Exum would know he needs to improve and improve drastically.

Burke-Exum
Hayward-Burks
Johnson-Hood
Favors-Booker
Gobert-Kanter

How freakin' deep could we be?

I think Boogie will kill it on his second team... He has matured and still has a ways to go. He was great to start the year on both ends of the floor. Sacramento is a dumpster fire... Boogie clearly liked Malone and now that he's gone and they are out of the playoff hunt he's regressed back to some of his old poor body language.

I could see why both teams would say yes to the trade and why both might say no.

The Bledsoe deal is a no brainer. I think we are over estimating kanter trade value though.

The tired narratives on Favors progress? Like there aren't just as many tired narratives on Boogie's progress? Ok.

I don't think we have the assets to acquire Cousins. No way he is moved until the end of his contract.

No.

Not because I am unreasonable Kanter homer, but because now is the worst time to discuss trading him. Let's discuss this stuff next year after we ink him and have some value on his contract.

Or maybe, just maybe, we could keep and appreciate him :)

This. We don't want to be average. We want to take 2-4 of our average "assets" like Burks, Kanter, draft picks, as well as, and I'll duck, Exum, ahem, for an obvious and huge upgrade.
Exactly.
We've now reached the point of being two deep (or more) at every position: Gobert/Kanter; Favors/Booker; Burke/Exum; Hayward/Ingles; Burks/Hood. And have additional players who have contributed when injuries have occurred: Evans, Millsap, Clark, even Williams. It's time for DL to explore opportunities to upgrade position by position. IMO, only Gobert is "untouchable." His value on a rookie contract far outweighs anything we'd get for him. And he improves the defense of the other four who are on the court with him. IMO, he is (or will be) a franchise center. No doubt Utah will gladly pay him the max when the time comes.

Jazz only need a rotation of 8 players (3 bigs, 3 wings, 2 PG's), with a couple more as injury insurance. With another top-10 pick on the way, DL could easily put together some packages if he can find the right player(s) and trading partner(s).

I posted elsewhere as well:

Kanter for Kirilenko and the Draft Rights to Dario Saric

Kanter for Kirilenko, Tony Wroten, and one of the Sixers' five 2015 2nd round picks.

Kanter for Kirilenko, Jerami Grant, and two 2nd round picks

Kanter for Kirilenko, Tony Wroten, and one of the Sixers' five 2015 2nd round picks.

No to all, and I love Saric. Trading for AK would be dumb.

All of these trades would be a mistake.

Neither SAC or PHO would bite on either of those deals proposed in the 1st page @PKM I think proposed it, but anyone who would turn down Favors/Burks for Cousins or Kanter/Hood for Bledsoe is crazy.

I was thinking earlier how based on our current roster, we could fill out and try to emulate and become like the recent Pistons or Celts teams.

First, those teams had two solid interior defenders ala Wallace/Wallace and Garnett/Perkins. IMO, we have that in Favors/Gobert. Gobert is already better than his competitors (Ben and Kendrick) on offense. A few years with some added experience, wisdom, weight gain and strength and he can be a better defender than Kendrick and relatively close to Ben. Favors will never be as good as Garnett was on defense but he can be better than Rasheed. Regardless, coupled together, Rudy and Gobert could become a suffocating defensive tandem. The key to that tandem then imo is Favors development on offense. Give him three years with Quin and I think he could have a solid 17 footer along with a post, counter move or two. He'll never be as god as Rasheed or Kevin on offense but he could become a threat, so to speak

So now we come to the wings. Outside of Rondo, were Pierce and Allen tremendously talented defenders? Outside of probably Prince, were Billups or Hamilton? My answer would be no. I think in time, Hayward could be almost an equal to Pierce. He lacks a little of Pierce's size but I think he could become a hard-working, crafty defender like Pierce. Maybe, maybe not. If we shifted him to the 2, I definitely think he can be as effective as Rip and Allen were on defense and sort of similar to the former on offense. He's not as quick as those guys? Perhaps. Regardless, I think Hayward has such a strong ball iq and work ethic (and now coaching to support those) that he would be a very effective defender.

So, not that I'm spouting out some amazingly insightful stuff here, but I think as others have said, we need a 3 and D player. The Celts had that in Posey. A Tony Allen, Kawhi Leonard type would do wonders here. Hayward wouldn't have to defend the opponent's best wing. Could Hood become this guy? I'm not sure. I have faith in his shooting but I admittedly don't know enough about his defense and worry about his injuries. So yeah, a Johnson or Winslow pick may be ideal. How's this kid from UVA who is shooting like 50% from three? UVA may be the best defensive team in the country so if he plays awesome d, I wonder if he too may be a great 3 and d player. Regardless, this needs to be the role we go after in this coming draft imo. If we go after one of those foreigners, I'm down with that too. They look legit and I have faith in Dennis.

I'm not saying this would be the opening night lineup but this one here would be pretty sick, especially if our pt's develop which i think they would as Burke has to realize his job is on the line and Exum would know he needs to improve and improve drastically.

Burke-Exum
Hayward-Burks
Johnson-Hood
Favors-Booker
Gobert-Kanter

Longest jazz related QSH post in jazz fanz history? Lazy D with two of his funniest posts in a long time on the same day?

It's a good day on jazzfanz

Longest jazz related QSH post in jazz fanz history? Lazy D with two of his funniest posts in a long time on the same day?

It's a good day on jazzfanz

Thanks but after more thought I realize how all four of those guys brought a passion and/or nastiness to the game. Gobert has some passion but I wouldn't say he exudes it and Favors has neither. Dude is just there. So I don't know.

Just getting back to this thread. I see that Tobias Harris is a non-starter (maybe a pun here). I like him and think he's Orly's best player right now. Kanter would go there to be the PF until Gordon shows he's healthy and ready. But nevermind.

Cousins is a top-5 MVP candidate player, and yes I would trade for him.

Bledsoe I've always thought to be overhyped and overrated. He's a defensive obstacle to opposing PGs, but Exum is supposed to do that.

I think highly of Kanter and think in time he can be a Kevin McHale-like force. Sure, go ahead and laugh now. He needs to be groomed within a system and get in his comfort zone. There's been a lot of change and chaos going on around him, and he knows the Jazz have been flat-out trying to lose. Everyone says PFs are now supposed to stretch the floor like Draymond Green, but who's going to effectively guard Kanter in this league when he's our third option on the floor?

The Jazz have good young talent at every position on the floor (though our perimeter shooting and defense now look like a weakspot). Yet, every position could be upgraded. I'm guessing overall the Jazz will hold their cards and wait to see how the draft shakes out. Then make a play in free agency, whether that means matching on Kanter or throwing money at someone else.

I mean, if the Jazz come out of this draft with Towns, Mudiay or even Porzingis, that changes the whole landscape.

I don't see Cousins as a winner so ill take less baggage. Why move parts around just for the sake of doing so? Cousins is a better player no doubt, but no way do I want him and his loserish attitude sinking my team.

Good thing you edited this garbage.. no telling how bad the original version must have been.

Burke-Exum
Hayward-Burks
Johnson-Hood
Favors-Booker
Gobert-Kanter

Dunno, you'll have to tell me... I'll be rubbin da hell outta da sides doe.