What's new

Pacquiao gets knocked out

This is the internet, right after the fight pictures of Pacquiao getting knocked out were ALL over the internet seconds after it happened. From MSN, ESPN, CNN etc.............. Literally EVERYWHERE.

It just makes no sense that if you did't want to know the results of one of the biggest sporting events of the year you would log on to the internet right after the event.

It also makes sense not to title threads DARK KNIGHT RISES SPOILER "Did Bane Really Die in Dark Knight Rises?"END SPOILER since some of us would rather wait until the DVD comes out to see movies. I'm not sure if posting the immediate results of a sporting event is bad, but you have posted questionable thread titles when it comes to spoilers. Maybe take a second to think about the thread titles in the future.

I get what you're saying YB and agree. But I would put the blame mostly on myself if I spoiled something like this by looking places I knew might have spoilers.

I get what you're saying YB and agree. But I would put the blame mostly on myself if I spoiled something like this by looking places I knew might have spoilers.

When I record a sporting event, I give myself that night to watch it. I avoid the TV, the computer, and avoid reading texts. After that, I know I'm going to find out the results. Movies/TV shows are a different thing. Some of the TV shows I watch, I record the entire season and then watch it over a week and I try to avoid the threads for them. If someone gets bent because they read a spoiler in the Walking Dead thread or Game of Thrones, that's their fault for going into the thread. I never went into the thread for Dark Knight Rises because I knew it would have spoilers but I would have hoped that someone would have better sense than to put a possible spoiler in a thread title outside of the thread.

I remember my friend gave away the twist ending to The Sixth Sense - about 5 days after the movies came out.

Still pissed at the ****.

When I record a sporting event, I give myself that night to watch it. I avoid the TV, the computer, and avoid reading texts. After that, I know I'm going to find out the results. Movies/TV shows are a different thing. Some of the TV shows I watch, I record the entire season and then watch it over a week and I try to avoid the threads for them. If someone gets bent because they read a spoiler in the Walking Dead thread or Game of Thrones, that's their fault for going into the thread. I never went into the thread for Dark Knight Rises because I knew it would have spoilers but I would have hoped that someone would have better sense than to put a possible spoiler in a thread title outside of the thread.
I agree. I wasn't following along enough to see the TV stuff. I didn't watch the last episode of Walking Dead til Monday night (it comes on Sunday). I had to threaten my students with death so they wouldn't spoil it for me. But most people are good about that stuff anyway.

So for sporting events I am ok with spoiler tags. For movies/TV not so.

Shocked nobody's mentioned how the fight wasn't about MP getting knocked out but rather Marquez' obvious juicing. Unless you think 39 year olds becoming that jacked all of a sudden is normal and ignore the fact that his trainer had ties to Balco.