What's new

Paschall traded to the Jazz

Warriors moved Paschall because they just drafted Kuminga to take his role. Paschall is still a young player. It might be worth asking him to play a bit in LV Summer League.

They also didn't see him as a rotation player, as evident by benching him during the most important stretch of the season.

I agree, Paschall still needs to improve and establish himself in this league. I think he should play in Vegas.

Paschall might really pop on offense, especially if he's playing as the 5 with a spaced floor. I think people have compared him to Tucker, Draymond, and Millsap because of the body type, but I think he's much more like Harrell. Harrell is better on the boards and more relentless at the basket, but Paschall has a nice pull up game. HH always talks about smaller guys who can thrive once they turn into a C and Paschall really has that skillset offensively.

He'll have to cut out the heavy iso stuff for sure. One of the reasons he was benched is because he failed to adapt to a team role. Hopefully his benching and trade will serve as wake up calls. But the biggest question is obviously his defense. The Jazz coaching staff worked some magic with Niang and turned him into a passable defender. Hopefully they can do the same with Paschall who has much better physical tools.

Paschall was benched and completely removed from the rotation....I don't know what to tell you. The Warriors were playing important, competitive games and he they made the decision that he was not good enough to play minutes. This wasn't a deep team, it was a team dying for rotation players and he couldn't make it on the floor even with Oubre and Wiseman injured.

I also never said Paschall was going to play a major role. I said the opposite, implying that the expectation should be that he's an end of the bench player. I also never said Brantley is proven. Once again, literally said the opposite and said he has done nothing in this league.
Warriors actually had a much deeper team than us last season. Paschall's 17mpg was only good for 11th best in Warriors rotation, but 8th best for the jazz .

We were 1st seed only because of the brilliance of our top eight guys. Our end of bench rotation had been nothing but hot garbage all season. Guys like Brantley or Oni would not ever see the floor had they played for the Warriors last year. Fighting for minutes against Draymond/Looney/Wiseman/Wiggins/Oubre, it's kinda a miracle that Paschall survived for as long as he had(Kerr really loved those strange tiny lineups featuring Wiggins at the 4). He's playing only behind Bogey and Gay here so I expect him to get even more opportunities now that he's with the Jazz.

Last edited:
The Ringer 2019 Draft Big Board had Pascall #28 ranked prospect.

eBymvD.jpg

Warriors actually had a much deeper team than us last season. Paschall's 17mpg was only good for 11th best in Warriors rotation last season, and 8th best for the jazz .

We were 1st seed only because of the brilliance of our top eight guys. Our end of bench rotation had been hot garbage all season. Guys like Brantley or Oni would not ever see the floor had they played for the Warriors last year. Fighting for minutes against Draymond/Looney/Wiseman/Wiggins/Oubre, it's kinda a miracle that Paschall survived for as long as he had. He's playing only behind Bogey and Gay here so I expect him to get even more opportunities from the Jazz.

OK...I'm just going to ignore the obvious math plotholes to your analysis here. I mean...come on man lol.

No, it's not a miracle that Paschall was getting minutes at the start. That team did not have a bunch of good players. You could just as easily turn that around and say that Paschall temporarily getting 17 MPG shows their weak roster. The Warriors were only playing 8 guys during their playoff chase. Oubre and Wiseman were injured and Paschall still couldn't get a second of meaningful basketball during that time.

He got benched and they just dumped him. It's ok to admit that.

I think this was done primarily to appease Donovan. We gave up next to nothing for EP so I'm OK with it. If he can improve his defense I'll be happier about having him on the team. I get that he's likely replacing our Morgan or Brantley so I'm not upset about the trade but I'm more excited about our FA signings as I am about this.

A lot of people think he was misused in GS and that he isn't a fit but they never hated on him; they considered him to have role player potential which - if he can play consistent for us - works for me.

OK...I'm just going to ignore the obvious math plotholes to your analysis here. I mean...come on man lol.

No, it's not a miracle that Paschall was getting minutes at the start. That team did not have a bunch of good players. You could just as easily turn that around and say that Paschall temporarily getting 17 MPG shows their weak roster. The Warriors were only playing 8 guys during their playoff chase. Oubre and Wiseman were injured and Paschall still couldn't get a second of meaningful basketball during that time.

He got benched and they just dumped him. It's ok to admit that.
I said from the beginning that he was benched and salary dumped but ok... All i'm saying is that he would easily get PT here at the Jazz cuz our end of bench rotation was hot garbage. Not saying Paschall is great or anything, but he can't be any worse than the likes of Brantley or Oni.

What's really great about this trade is Eric told Donovan about 3 weeks ago on Instagram that he needs to get out of Utah.

Just going to point out that while Paschall did get a lot less minutes his per 36 min per game stats were better in his second year than his rookie year on a better team.

This has absolutely been my favorite move of the off-season. It may be totally irrational but I feel extremely good that he can be a rotation piece and eventually a starter.

Seems like he's a pretty mediocre rebounder. I think ideally you have a small-ball switching lineup of like Mitchell/Ingles/Royce/Paschall/Gay, but if Paschall cant rebound well it may not work.

Seems like he's a pretty mediocre rebounder. I think ideally you have a small-ball switching lineup of like Mitchell/Ingles/Royce/Paschall/Gay, but if Paschall cant rebound well it may not work.
You might be able to replace Ingles with a better rebounder. I think putting Bojan in there not only gives you a bit more rebounding, but also another offensive option (Bojan’s post game).

This has absolutely been my favorite move of the off-season. It may be totally irrational but I feel extremely good that he can be a rotation piece and eventually a starter.
He needs to rebound better if he wants to be a starter, because he most likely won’t ever be any thing close to a great offensive player.

This is strange as a basketball move given the current roster. Makes sense to get Dons homie… this was also the guy saying gotta get you out of Utah on IG… well about that…