JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
https://www.facebook.com/PelicansNBA/

https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/new-orleans-pelicans/jazz-vs-jazz-part-2---game-thread/82359998/

http://www.pelicansreport.com/showthread.php?89464-March-6th-New-Orleans-Pelicans-Utah-Jazz-30-36

Excited to see Utah’s squad but still hopeful for a pels win. Flock up bois

I get we’re booing AD now, but can we not do it at the free throw line

AD is by far the worst player on the court. This is wild.

The way he quit on this team is pretty sad. This is even worse than what Boogie did.

Utah coach look like he on meth.

He has always made me think of the cracked out cousin in the mafia family.

It's crazy how good we play without AD on the floor.

frickin Davis.. get him out of the frickin game he sucks

We missed too many wide open 3's and had bad turnovers. Plus Gobert and Favors killed us down low. Okafor not playing much, due to tweaking his ankle was a big difference.

Is it just me that loves every time AD clanks it!?

Wouldn’t it make more sense to sit AD the first half and letting him come out after half time? Pretty obvious he could care less about winning but doesn’t wanna hurt his career numbers missing another half season.

Snyder looks like such a Coke head

I would gladly pay that coke head to be our coke head.

Same.

AD's quitting has destroyed the NBA season for NOLA. Hard to care when the star player doesn't. Thank goodness for LSU BB.

even though we have no one attending home games anymore I think best bet is to stick with gentry til further notice.......

Keep the tank going boys

We had a 16-4 run and a 13-2 run after AD sat for the night. Solid efforts all around. Nice tank game

Ad minus 18. Just the facts, ma’am.

Never say never! We would probably have to get to at least 43 wins which means going 13-3 over the last 16. Sounds impossible but you never know. We would also require help from the Spurs/Clips as you mention. I would really like to make the playoffs just to watch AD sit in the fourth during the playoffs. LOL

Haha yea it’s possible. Just way to much has to go right. I’m just not a big believer mostly cause we can’t control the outcome. I would love to watch AD sit on the bench! Which is why I can’t wait for us to trade his sorry *** and gut another team where we make the playoffs and he doesn’t. If he goes to the Lakers I really think they are going to have a very hard time getting into the playoffs when you look at how tough the West is right now and how much tougher it is going to be next year with more young teams likely taking another step forward with us being one of them. Personally I want him in the West so we have the chance to take him out in the playoffs.

This is part of why I don't like the ''trying to win'' strategy, at least with Gentry as coach.
I've said time and time and again that if we play hard, with the young guys involved, and just happen to win, I'll take it.
But with Gentry, trying to win means youth gets glued to the bench (Okafor, Diallo), in favour of just pumping minutes through Randle. That is antithetical to our future, as it gives us no chance to develop depth in those younger players, and it's the only way Gentry knows how to win. One of his biggest problems has always been rotations, and we're seeing it again. We're down double digits with only 2 minutes to go, and he STILL won't play Okafor or Diallo!

Makes you feel for them with the Davis situation.
This. The current malaise over so many of the players is caused by the players themselves. Demands for trades, refusing to play, bitching about being famous, all such bull ****. All of them causing this **** can all **** themselves.

They think Okafor is a key piece for the future. Thoughts and prayers.
He has been pretty solid recently, has he not?
But, of course, if you're building around Okafor, Cheik Diallo and Frank Jackson, it doesn't sound like a great future.

Makes you feel for them with the Davis situation.
I feel for them and then I feel for us too. I would much rather know I'm gonna get some value than just get disappointed when they leave for nothing.

If you compare the two situations

- Hayward's 2nd to last year we choke the last couple weeks (losing to the Clippers' bench at home) and miss the playoffs. Last year of his contract, he finally plays up to potential, we win 1 series then he bolts.

- AD makes his trade demand in his 2nd to last year. NOLA will barely miss the playoffs (not as close as we did, but comparable). However, they will trade their guy with a year left instead of losing him for nothing.

Overall, I would say both situations suck but at least NOLA won't lose him for nothing.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Uhmm also aren't Randle and Okafor pretty much the same age give or take? So how is one playing for the future and the other is an old washed up vet as they seem to imply?