What's new

Per 36 of the C4 and projections.

I'd point out that the "Detroit" model is more of an outlier than the "OKC" model.

No ****, drafting a super-star isn't an outlier at all.

Spurs - drafted Duncan
Lakers - drafted Kobe
Bulls - drafted Jordan
Mavs - drafted Dirk

That is what, 75% of your champions over the past 20 years? It's the hardest model to do though because it relies completely on luck to get the initial star, then be able to surround him with supporting talent.

If you want to win without drafting a star you have to sign/trade for stars (Boston, Clippers, Heat). The Jazz have 0 chance of doing that model. I guess this goes to the Heat, Boston, and partially to the Lakers for Shaq.

The Jazz have to pretty much make their own model, which is part Pistons (all 5 guys being equally important) and part Thunder (mostly drafted talent).

Don't forget that these are per 36 numbers, so I can absolutely see them going up to these per 36. The question is whether they will play even close to 36 minutes. If you were to run a search for teams that have had multiple players scoring over 17 or 15 per 36, I bet you would find that it's not that uncommon. The problem is that there's a vast difference between actual and projected. I would be very happy if Favors would stop getting a million fouls and TO's!

Spurs - drafted Duncan
Lakers - drafted Kobe
Bulls - drafted Jordan
Mavs - drafted Dirk

That is what, 75% of your champions over the past 20 years? It's the hardest model to do though because it relies completely on luck to get the initial star, then be able to surround him with supporting talent.

If you want to win without drafting a star you have to sign/trade for stars (Boston, Clippers, Heat). The Jazz have 0 chance of doing that model. I guess this goes to the Heat, Boston, and partially to the Lakers for Shaq.

The Jazz have to pretty much make their own model, which is part Pistons (all 5 guys being equally important) and part Thunder (mostly drafted talent).

Good summary.

Searched the Piston's 00's teams because that was the only one I could think of having a chance off the top of my head. Came really close 2 years to having 4 above 15, but never did it.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DET/2005.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DET/2006.html
2006-07 Phoenix Suns: Had 4 players average over 17ppg (Stoudemire, Nash, Barbosa, Marion)
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHO/2007.html

In 2004-05 Phoenix nearly had all 5 starters average 15ppg or more. Quintin Richardson finished the season at 14.9ppg.

Spurs - drafted Duncan
Lakers - drafted Kobe
Bulls - drafted Jordan
Mavs - drafted Dirk

This is a great post but we need to find a team identity. The Piston's played great and created shots for Rip and Billups.

Right now we are post up team. Al on the left block and Paul on the right. Kanter fits this model but Favors doesn't really. Hayward can function in an offense like this and so can Burks but they are more effective in other offensive sets.

Burks and Hayward thrive in the open court. Favors is an excellent finisher too. Kanter looks like he could learn.

The thing I worry about with our 4 young guys is we don't have someone to handle big wings-(Pierce,Durant, etc.) Burks and Hayward hasn't shown the ability to get that done. So is Burks playing PG something we are going to do a lot? At the end of games?

Or acknowledge that Gordon and Burks are 2's? And move one of them? Or just make one the permanent 6th man.

I think Kanter and Favors can play together effectively.

Kanter will average more than 20 a game in a few years. Combine that with Favors defense. Hayward's all around game and Alex's ability to get to the hoop. Add 1 or 2 more players through trade or draft this team could get really good.

Kanter will average more than 20 a game in a few years. Combine that with Favors defense. Hayward's all around game and Alex's ability to get to the hoop. Add 1 or 2 more players through trade or draft this team could get really good.

so you think Kanter is going to be the centerpeice of this team?

I think it's worth noting that Favors exceeded his per 36 tonight in 38 min. 17,15,3,3

I see our four being: Hayward-16, Burks-15, Favors-16, Kanter-15 with Porter or Oladipo getting 16 as well (we're getting one of them when we skyrocket to the #3 pick again), and Burke getting around 10 per contest. 88 points between our top six guys. Is that unreasonable?

I believe he could be the go to scorer for the team.

Ok. I am sold. Sign me up on the Kanter bandwagon. I think that our team could be special with Kanter and Hayward being the go to guys on offense, and Favors kicking *** on defense. Also after tonight's game I am looking forward to demarre and Jeremy being big contributing role players in the future. I think right now we have a possible core 4 + 2!! Very excited about our young half of the team. These guys are going to grow up together and become a very good team. Lets add a couple more I. The draft this summer and see what we end up with.