What's new

Pick or Trade: Zach Lowe on Jazz Future

Outside of Parker, Mills, Duncan, and Splitter; they run 5 guys that are perimeter guys that can do everything. Kawhi, Green, Diaw, Bellineli, and Ginobili. The Jazz only have Hayward, Hood, and Burks that you can put on that level. We need a guy that could play 3 and small 4 at times who can also stroke it.

What about making Mills a big offer? Can the Spurs retain him with Green and Leonard wanting big deals themselves?

What about making Mills a big offer? Can the Spurs retain him with Green and Leonard wanting big deals themselves?

He's already locked in cheap.

Danny might be available as they are looking to make a big move. The guy I think we can get if we want is Cory Joseph.

Booker isn't a bad solution and I like him. I am just not a fan of the other team dictating what we do. I like to force our will on to others as much as possible. If they get a couple open 3s we get a few more offensive rebounds or easy post ups.

The solution is more offense. Like we have each said twice now.

The holes in the roster have been screaming in our faces all season, and the Jazz need to drop all sentiment and upgrade the wing and backup C.

I love Jingles and Millsap, but we need a legit 3/D wing to compliment Burks and Hood, who may I add have yet to prove they can consistently contribute and stay healthy.

I love Booker, but we need another C with size and offense. Obv Tomic is the potential answer.

I wouldn't be all that mad if the Jazz don't splash in FA and just shore up the roster with NBA players and allow our young talent to develop further.

The holes in the roster have been screaming in our faces all season, and the Jazz need to drop all sentiment and upgrade the wing and backup C.

I love Jingles and Millsap, but we need a legit 3/D wing to compliment Burks and Hood, who may I add have yet to prove they can consistently contribute and stay healthy.

I love Booker, but we need another C with size and offense. Obv Tomic is the potential answer.

I wouldn't be all that mad if the Jazz don't splash in FA and just shore up the roster with NBA players and allow our young talent to develop further.

Agreed. Lillsap is literally the anti-Kanter. As much has he gives us defensively, he just kills you on the offensive side! That said, he seems unselfish.

Did he suggest the 11th pick and Hood for Bradley?

Right now I wouldn't give up Hood straight up for Bradley. He seems to have a not very high opinion of Hood, since he suggested using him as a sweetener in some of the other trades he proposes. I don't like the Bradley trade, especially if it takes our first rounder.

Yo, I'm leading teh Corey Joseph bandwagon. FYI. Thanks for joining.

I at least get to be co leader or assistant to the leader... been thinking he'd be good for a while.

Right now I wouldn't give up Hood straight up for Bradley. He seems to have a not very high opinion of Hood, since he suggested using him as a sweetener in some of the other trades he proposes. I don't like the Bradley trade, especially if it takes our first rounder.

I think he likes Hood, he just sees him as a necessary trade piece for these bonafide starters.

I'm not sure what to think about Holiday. The Pelicans weren't any better with him. He was probably a bad fit, but I don't think I'm comfortable with throwing a bunch of assets at him. He might not make us any better either.

I question the validity of that statement. I think their starting 5 was the #1 in the league for a bit when they were all healthy.

The biggest thing we need is a better point guard. I don't want us to bring Burke back. He's been better but he is so disruptive to the offense... even when he plays with guys like Hayward. I expect Exum to get better but when he is having rough nights we need a guy to fill in and not change everything we do.

Our wing rotation when healthy isn't bad. I think Ingles is a cheap keeper and if he is your 5th wing that is fine.

I think Burke and the 11th pick would be enticing to other teams to get us into the top 5 picks of this draft. We could always bring over Neto to fill Burke's role. I wouldn't mind if we keep Booker, Milsap, and Ingles as the role players. Then look to strengthen the backup C, SG, and PG roles.

I would like to see

Exum, Neto
Burks, Milsap
Hood, Hayward, Ingles
Favors, Booker
Gobert, Tomic

If we strengthen both PG, SG and C positions we definitely have a chance to make the playoffs. Bringing in a vet at this time is just going to throw off the development of our youth.

I'll accept that. But I can bump a thread on him from the early part of this season if you need to see my credentials.

This is not a zero sum game... plenty of bandwagon to go around. i just don't want to seem like a Johnny Come Lately.

Looking at the numbers... I'd rather have Joseph than Bradley... surely we could get him for less than $8M per year.

Exum. Burke
Burks. Hood. Ingles
Hayward. Hesonja.
Favs. Booker
Gobert. Tomic

I would Trade up in the draft and get hesonja. Bring in tomic to make the bench better( his passing is amazing) tbh I wouldn't trade for a point guard I would see if Exum and Burke get better and roll with them and if not we could trade for one at the deadline. I'm not a big fan for trading the pick for an old veteran

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Burke and the 11th pick would be enticing to other teams to get us into the top 5 picks of this draft. We could always bring over Neto to fill Burke's role. I wouldn't mind if we keep Booker, Milsap, and Ingles as the role players. Then look to strengthen the backup C, SG, and PG roles.

I would like to see

Exum, Neto
Burks, Milsap
Hood, Hayward, Ingles
Favors, Booker
Gobert, Tomic

If we strengthen both PG, SG and C positions we definitely have a chance to make the playoffs. Bringing in a vet at this time is just going to throw off the development of our youth.

If Neto comes over it is as a 3rd point guard we don't need any more projects at that position. Burke doesn't have that kind of value. It will be expensive to move into top 5 or 6 but it might well be worth it. It would cost us our pick, plus our 2016 pick, and probably some sort of additional sweetner. I'd do it if we land at the 12.

I think the perfect fit would be Harrison Barnes. gsw has to give some where to keep green and losing Barnes for a pick would save them a lot of money.

It should be noted that we have 10 other draft picks not including our own (2 firsts and 8 seconds) we can trade to move up or to get an all-star level player.

The article seems to barely scratch the surface of trade possibilities as far as Jazz assets go. Doesn't mention Tomic either.