What's new

Plan B?

None of the Plan Bs move the needle... If all else fails... I'd rather see us eat cap space and give guys minimum deals to fill out the roster. Wait for a potential scenario at the trade deadline. Run it back with maybe a stopgap at PG. Don't want to see even moderate contracts to moderate guys.
I can get on board with this, but we should at least take a big expiring if we can get a pick (like the Crabbe deal). We could always look to trade that expiring at the deadline. And we can use every asset (pick) we can get.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

None of the Plan Bs move the needle... If all else fails... I'd rather see us eat cap space and give guys minimum deals to fill out the roster. Wait for a potential scenario at the trade deadline. Run it back with maybe a stopgap at PG. Don't want to see even moderate contracts to moderate guys.
what we are trying to accomplish here shouldn't be "moving the needle" per se. but rather it is to accumulate assets for which we can use in future trades should opportunity present itself. look at what mavs traded to get Porzingis, for example. minimum deal guys and roster fillers are completely worthless and will not get us anywhere, both in the conference ranking or in trade deals

My guess is if the Jazz fail to attract a bigger FA, and if they can't facilitate a trade for Conley or maybe Derozan, they'll keep Favors and maybe shift Exum and Crowder for Dragic.

Favors could be a valulable piece of the deadline.

I think Favors is gone though and we'll get someone. We'll see.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I bet he looked like a pretty solid veteran on a crappy team. Did he wear himself out he missed a dozen games within the last two month of the season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nope He's still a high level player for another couple years dude. Don't be so cynical

I think there are a few guys the Jazz like in free agency -- Bogdanovich, Ross, Lamb, maybe Ross depending on who you ask.

Plan Z Jazz sign Burks and Hood on discount deals, and Enes on a vet minimum but miss out on Trey Burke who opts to play in China instead.

At the presser Rodney says "Utah is not that bad" and Enes says "no other NBA team offered me, and if I play in Europe they will probably arrest me. I figured Utah was better than a Turkish prison."

nope He's still a high level player for another couple years dude. Don't be so cynical

Count me as a skeptic rather than a cynic. I don't like it because I've seen the same move twice before. And didnt like the ratios of actual and opportunity costs to returns.