What's new

Planned Parenthood Selling Baby Organs

All of those situations you can point to someone getting hurt ^ but I guess its the argument not the examples.

Actually no you can't. Who's getting hurt if you're having safe sex with a corpse without the possibility of anyone knowing?

And by the way, my examples might be grossing people out. I'm sorry if that's the case. :p

Actually no you can't. Who's getting hurt if you're having safe sex with a corpse without the possibility of anyone knowing?

If no one knows and no one ever found out then that might be the case. But you are running a risk of people finding out and that would hurt the family of the corpse. There is no way of guaranteeing no one ever finds out.

If no one knows and no one ever found out then that might be the case. But you are running a risk of people finding out and that would hurt the family of the corpse. There is no way of guaranteeing no one ever finds out.

If that is the case then in some of these cases the fathers of the babies and family members of the mother and father are hurt by these actions.

Edit: I will admit that I am biased against planned parenthood for the way they are ran.

These are hypothetical scenarios. But even if I take your scenario, it's still problematic because now we're not only talking about direct harm to the person in question, but emotional harm to other people. Where do we draw the line? Immediate family? Extended family? Friends? And why do we choose that arbitrary line? What level of emotional harm should be considered acceptable, and to how many people? How about a hermit who doesn't have family and friends? I can go on and on.

It is not possible to construct a system of morality based on a single irreducible first principle. I used to be very active in the atheist community, but one of the reasons I quit being involved is because there existed a dogma among them that "morality is very simple, just use the golden rule!". It is not so.

If that is the case then in some of these cases the fathers of the babies and family members of the mother and father are hurt by these actions.

Edit: I will admit that I am biased against planned parenthood for the way they are ran.

Even if parents aren't, strangers can be emotionally harmed by these actions. Why are we dismissing THAT emotional harm? Harm is not the deciding criterion in this situation. Consent is. And that's IF we agree that the fetus itself is not worthy of being granted personhood. Which I do not.

Are there any victims from this?

I mean who is this hurting? The babies were getting aborted/dying anyway right? I get the theory that the parents should know about it and need to give consent but again who is getting hurt here? Who is the victim?

morality and society as a whole are the victims!

morality and society as a whole are the victims!

Or its improving morality and making society better in many peoples minds.

Or are you one of those people that think our society is worse than it was before?

Society's morals as a whole seem greatly improved to me and will continue to improve.

These are hypothetical scenarios. But even if I take your scenario, it's still problematic because now we're not only talking about direct harm to the person in question, but emotional harm to other people. Where do we draw the line? Immediate family? Extended family? Friends? And why do we choose that arbitrary line? What level of emotional harm should be considered acceptable, and to how many people? How about a hermit who doesn't have family and friends? I can go on and on.

It is not possible to construct a system of morality based on a single irreducible first principle. I used to be very active in the atheist community, but one of the reasons I quit being involved is because there existed a dogma among them that "morality is very simple, just use the golden rule!". It is not so.

I am not arguing with that logic. I agree that hurting someone is not a reason for moral decisions. People will get hurt either way with a lot of big decisions. Like an abortion. Aborting a baby or not aborting a baby both can hurt someone. So either way its immoral if you base it on hurting someone. Just pointing out that those decisions hurt someone, and you dont have to draw an arbitrary line. If it hurts someone it hurts someone, that doesnt have to be a reason to do or not do something.

Not arguing that it doesnt. I think most of our actions/decisions can hurt someone.

This thread and most posts in it are easily the most disgusting I have ever seen on this site.
This is generally a great board and I sure wish I could expect better from its members.

This thread and most posts in it are easily the most disgusting I have ever seen on this site.
This is generally a great board and I sure wish I could expect better from its members.
Lighten up.

I am among the most lightened up people I know.
I'm not talking about the jokes, but rather the serious posts...
Makes me heart hurt.

The jokes suck too, especially coming from the people who consider the term "Washington Redskins" fainting couch material. . .

And yes, there is a victim. Late term partial birth abortions are the worst thing in the world, end abortion supporters should be forced to watch one or two. If organs are being harvested, the proliferation of late term abortions (which are almost never medically necessary) make a lot more sense. The United States performs over 10,000 such abortions a year, one every hour. A late term fetus feels pain. A late term fetus is potentially viable outside of the womb. The a-holes at Planned Parenthood apparently consider this a bonus as they can make more money by charging for the abortion THEN doubling up and selling the fully formed organs. The person in the interview says they kill the babies in such a way as to preserve the organs for the buyers. Not in the most humane way possible (at that point there is no "humane way") just whatever makes the buyer happy. You dickheads want to make JOKES about that? I don't want to hear another damn word about the insensitivities of others when it comes to a damn flag.
If I were the people at Gawker I would want to pretend that this was a hoax too, because I certainly wouldn't want to look at myself after thinking that all of this is OK. It's monstrous. And every person that goes in to Planned Parenthood "counseling" needs to reflect if they are getting advice that is best for them, or are they being manipulated because Planned Parenthood needs to fill their quota of baby livers. This needs to be investigated and every place participating in this needs to be shut the hell down.