What's new

Planned Parenthood Selling Baby Organs

The United States performs over 10,000 such abortions a year, one every hour.

Citation, please. The best number I was able to find in an admittedly lackluster search was a 20 year old estimation of ~1000/year. Given that total abortions have gone down since then, it would stand to reason that late term abortions have, as well.

A late term fetus feels pain. A late term fetus is potentially viable outside of the womb.

Define "late term."

The a-holes at Planned Parenthood apparently consider this a bonus as they can make more money by charging for the abortion THEN doubling up and selling the fully formed organs.

Even IF they were selling them (which is made clear in the video that they're not, however, those who are getting them pay transport costs of up to $100), what is the maximum they would get per annum? $100k? How does that compare to the entire budget of Planned Parenthood?

This thread and most posts in it are easily the most disgusting I have ever seen on this site.
This is generally a great board and I sure wish I could expect better from its members.
Sorry you feel that way.
We are having a discussion (which occasionally might have two sides to it) and I feel that discussions can sometimes teach the ignorant and change minds for the better.
I know siro and framers posts both affected me greatly and changed my mind on the matter.

Citation, please. The best number I was able to find in an admittedly lackluster search was a 20 year old estimation of ~1000/year. Given that total abortions have gone down since then, it would stand to reason that late term abortions have, as well.

Define "late term."

Even IF they were selling them (which is made clear in the video that they're not, however, those who are getting them pay transport costs of up to $100), what is the maximum they would get per annum? $100k? How does that compare to the entire budget of Planned Parenthood?

Here you go:

"Based on data compiled by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), CBO
estimates that, each year, about 11,000 abortions take place 20 weeks or more after
fertilization."

https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/attachments/hr1797.pdf

Late term = 20 weeks or more

Did you watch the video or just read a summary? It is quite evident that they are NOT talking about "transportation costs." It is embarrassing that anyone is making that assertion and you can go ahead and discount anything the author of an article says about the matter from here on out. Freaking lady says:

“We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”

She then goes on to list a "menu" of parts. You tell me why there would be separate transfer costs for a heart or a liver. Do they use separate vendors or vans to move each? Do they ship one via UPS and anther standard mail? The person asks why they can't just coordinate the sale from the national office and she says: “We have a Litigation and Law Department which just really doesn’t want us to be the middle people for this issue right now,” and that their lawyers consider it “too touchy” for the national office. “But I will tell you that behind these closed doors,” Nucatola explains further, “these conversations are happening with the affiliates.”

Does that sound like something on the up and up?

And finally, how much of this is acceptable to you? If it is "only" $100,000 dollars does that make the barbarity OK? Selling these parts is a violation of federal law for each individual case. If there is only peanuts to be made financially, doesn't it make this all the more monstrous? Nazi's spent the time to remove silver and gold fillings from the teeth of the Jews they killed even though there wasn't a lot of money in that either.

1) Watch the video. Watch the lady discuss this while she's eating a salad like it's no big deal. It is sickening.

2) These organs aren't going to kids. They're going to companies like Pepsi for research.

3) travel costs or whatever, they're getting reimbursed for what they're giving. That makes it a commodity.

4) I do not understand how we have people here that will rally for somebody like Caitlyn Jenner, but won't say a damn thing about these babies. At least be consistent.

Can you at least respect that others feel differently?

Note* Laws of the land do not give rights to a fetus.

It may be legal, but to say that there isn't a victim is stupid. Of course there is a victim. Also, partial birth abortion which is pretty close to what the monstrous lady is describing here IS illegal.

I personally think life begins at the zygote stage, and any other measure is essentially arbitrary. Who cares about if a fetus feels pain or not? You're still killing it-- and the argument of it being a part of a woman's body due to the dependence is also a disingenuous one in my books.

With that said, abortions continue on in every country regardless of legislation, with more complications arising in nations that don't have access to abortion clinics for all citizens.

I've decided that I'm fine with paying tax money letting others abort, but it's something I want never to do myself, nor my next of kin.

It may be legal, but to say that there isn't a victim is stupid. Of course there is a victim. Also, partial birth abortion which is pretty close to what the monstrous lady is describing here IS illegal.

If there's a strong medical reason, the legality is still skewed.. pending what state you're in up to the 24 month mark. https://www.nationaljournal.com/health-care/a-look-at-late-term-abortion-restrictions-state-by-state-20150121

But the legality was not the end all there, merely a data artifact that's worth note.

The question was, can you accept that other people don't see it the same way you do?

I personally think life begins at the zygote stage, and any other measure is essentially arbitrary. Who cares about if a fetus feels pain or not? You're still killing it-- and the argument of it being a part of a woman's body due to the dependence is also a disingenuous one in my books.

With that said, abortions continue on in every country regardless of legislation, with more complications arising in nations that don't have access to abortion clinics for all citizens.

I've decided that I'm fine with paying tax money letting others abort, but it's something I want never to do myself, nor my next of kin.

I respect your opinion on the subject. I also respect Framers and Howard's opinion on the subject. Believe it or not, to me it's a religious answer. I don't believe in a God that would send the soul back to heaven before they had a chance to breathe their first breath; as such, I could care less if organs are harvested.

I'm all for abortion being legal but after having read this thread (especially the part framer quoted about crushing the bottom and the top but not the middle in order to harvest the organs) I'm disgusted by what these people are doing.

(I didn't give a **** when I first opened the thread..... My mind has been greatly changed)

I have a similar stance on abortion. Personally I am against it and would advise family and friends not to get one but I would not physically stop them or stop caring/loving them if they did get one. From a legislation stand point I think it needs to be legal within boundaries. There are many cases where it is need such as life endangerment for the mother or rape.

But I am 100% against late term and partial birth abortions.

Many cases where it's for rape? I believe it's less than 1% of all cases.

Interesting factoid, I think it's something like 80% of PP are in minority neighborhoods. This last year in NYC, there were more black babies aborted than were born. Now this isn't about black, white, asian or anything...it's just...that is so sad to me.

And yes, there is a victim. Late term partial birth abortions are the worst thing in the world, end abortion supporters should be forced to watch one or two. If organs are being harvested, the proliferation of late term abortions (which are almost never medically necessary) make a lot more sense. The United States performs over 10,000 such abortions a year, one every hour. A late term fetus feels pain. A late term fetus is potentially viable outside of the womb. The a-holes at Planned Parenthood apparently consider this a bonus as they can make more money by charging for the abortion THEN doubling up and selling the fully formed organs. The person in the interview says they kill the babies in such a way as to preserve the organs for the buyers. Not in the most humane way possible (at that point there is no "humane way") just whatever makes the buyer happy. You dickheads want to make JOKES about that? I don't want to hear another damn word about the insensitivities of others when it comes to a damn flag.
If I were the people at Gawker I would want to pretend that this was a hoax too, because I certainly wouldn't want to look at myself after thinking that all of this is OK. It's monstrous. And every person that goes in to Planned Parenthood "counseling" needs to reflect if they are getting advice that is best for them, or are they being manipulated because Planned Parenthood needs to fill their quota of baby livers. This needs to be investigated and every place participating in this needs to be shut the hell down.

but some dickhead in hear stated morality and society are better now!

Can you at least respect that others feel differently?

Note* Laws of the land do not give rights to a fetus.

no not if that others commit murder.

this is not about feeling different.

if i feel i wanna murder you cus i feel like it, it is still wrong.

and **** law of the land. only naive christians believe in law of the land. after wwII it is clear law of the land is stupid

Many cases where it's for rape? I believe it's less than 1% of all cases.

Interesting factoid, I think it's something like 80% of PP are in minority neighborhoods. This last year in NYC, there were more black babies aborted than were born. Now this isn't about black, white, asian or anything...it's just...that is so sad to me.

I was just giving examples of cases where it is needed. Even if it is 1% then it should still be available for that 1%. A woman that went thru that should not be forced to care the child thru denial of this service.

I agree that it is sad and I'd like to see more emphasis on prevention.

no not if that others commit murder.

this is not about feeling different.

if i feel i wanna murder you cus i feel like it, it is still wrong.

and **** law of the land. only naive christians believe in law of the land. after wwII it is clear law of the land is stupid

Murder implies someone dies. If that someone is not a person, what makes it any different than slaughtering animals? Let's say that fetus is a person... are they actually alive? If they're not alive, no life has been taken, and there's no murder.. we harvest organs all the time.

Again, legality was just a data point, an artifact, nothing more or less, just a point that exists.

Murder implies someone dies. If that someone is not a person, what makes it any different than slaughtering animals? Let's say that fetus is a person... are they actually alive? If they're not alive, no life has been taken, and there's no murder.. we harvest organs all the time.

Again, legality was just a data point, an artifact, nothing more or less, just a point that exists.

ok

Late term partial birth abortions are the worst thing in the world, The a-holes at Planned Parenthood a

If thats the worse in the world things are going pretty well. I am morally opposed to people who want abortions ended and it makes me sad that some guy wants to force his moral values on others. It sickens me that someone whos moral values are different calls the other people terrible and awful people and insists their moral values are better and more righteous and tries to force them to obey their morals. I understand your argument against abortion but disagree with it but I would never force someone around you to have an abortion I would let them have a choice for themselves.

but some dickhead in hear stated morality and society are better now!

So society is worse now? That is one of the saddest things I hear from overly conservative chrisitians, which I believe is not true. The atrocities that have been committed and were okay in the past are horrific to me. I am sure you would rather go back to the time that chrisitans went around killing everyone who disagreed with them though. I guess we could go back to women and black people not having any rights, that seems better right? Or maybe we could go back ten years ago when dragging a gay person was heroic to many people. Or we used derogatory statements about peoples lifestyles that were different from ours. We could go back to when sexual and physical abuse was more common than not in most households.

I know our moral values are different since most of your strict moral values I am morally opposed to. But I think even the most conservative person could look at history and see that the average person is treated with more respect and allowed to live their life better than ever in the history of the world.

If thats the worse in the world things are going pretty well. I am morally opposed to people who want abortions ended and it makes me sad that some guy wants to force his moral values on others. It sickens me that someone whos moral values are different calls the other people terrible and awful people and insists their moral values are better and more righteous and tries to force them to obey their morals. I understand your argument against abortion but disagree with it but I would never force someone around you to have an abortion I would let them have a choice for themselves.

So society is worse now? That is one of the saddest things I hear from overly conservative chrisitians, which I believe is not true. The atrocities that have been committed and were okay in the past are horrific to me. I am sure you would rather go back to the time that chrisitans went around killing everyone who disagreed with them though. I guess we could go back to women and black people not having any rights, that seems better right? Or maybe we could go back ten years ago when dragging a gay person was heroic to many people. Or we used derogatory statements about peoples lifestyles that were different from ours. We could go back to when sexual and physical abuse was more common than not in most households.

I know our moral values are different since most of your strict moral values I am morally opposed to. But I think even the most conservative person could look at history and see that the average person is treated with more respect and allowed to live their life better than ever in the history of the world.

you are right this ego-centric Isociety is better then a pos family oriented society is