What's new

Play Forrest Over Oni

Right now i rather stick with Oni defense and tell him to just stand in the corner.

In doubt, just increase Niang minutes, he's been good

If Oni is going to use 4 fouls in 6 minutes he needs to make them worth it. Get really physical with PG13% or caw he.

I just can't with Oni anymore. He's a theoretical floor spacer, but the dude is a total record scratch on offense and is terrified on the court.

Forrest cant shoot worth a damn and opposing teams know it, resulting in incredibly bad spacing, but he at least makes plays with the ball. He won't foul unnecessarily and he can act as another guy who can bring the ball up (we had Niang do it at times because of the lack of Conley and boy, it felt like a gamble).

At this point all Oni is doing out there is getting the occasional offensive rebound.
I agree. I just don't see what the Jazz see in Oni. He still looks lost on the court and seems like if he gets the rebound his first thought is to pass the ball out as fast as he can. He got a rebound and had a pretty clear path the basket and he just turned around and threw it to some teammate. Shoot the damn ball if you are open. I would rather Forrest play.

Last night I started worry about Favors and Rudy's foul trouble. I believe DF had 4 and Rudy 5 with still some time on the clock. I started think what happens if both of these guys foul out would Quin put in Udoka or would he go small ball? Parted me wanted to know but the other part was terrified to find out. lol.

Last night I started worry about Favors and Rudy's foul trouble. I believe DF had 4 and Rudy 5 with still some time on the clock. I started think what happens if both of these guys foul out would Quin put in Udoka or would he go small ball? Parted me wanted to know but the other part was terrified to find out. lol.
Go small ball with niang at center
Mitchell
Clarkson
Ingles
Bogey
Niang.

We wouldn't stop anyone but at the same time no one could stop that lineup from scoring.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Agreed. Forrest is just as good on defense and will likely foul less. Both will miss open jumpers but if you give a guy that can dribble and drive some space they can still hurt you.

Sadly I don't think Oni is an NBA player... maybe he just needs a bunch of reps in lower stakes games. I really really really wish we would have looked for one more competent wing/guard player instead of going for a next year addition in Matt Thomas.
Oni has some combo of nerves and slow processing power that prevents from doing anything on offense. I think he's a really smart player, but it just seems like he cant play at NBA speed. He has to be a much much better shooter if this is the extent of his skillset.

I like when a coach surprises everyone in the first couple of games in a series by digging deeper into the bench than the players are anticipating. Both coaches did that last night. It’s something that creates a more widely shared sense of urgency, readiness, and responsibility to the moment. And this means, by definition, that guys like Oni and/or Forrest see some burn (and that people like us will complain about them).

In short, I could bitch about Oni, but I won’t. If the bench gets deep again, I’d like to see some Forrest, but I expect to be underwhelmed again. Up to a point, this is all worth it.

I’ll take Forests ****** form over Oni’s anxiety when it comes to hitting that corner three.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I was surprised to see Oni is shooting 34% from 3. I thought it would be worse.

Trent is shooting 19% from 3

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

This is why the trade for Matty Ice was so dumb. Korver was out there and could have been easily signed and he was made for this purpose. I know he's 93 years old but he has that playoff savy and experience. You don't see Quin on the bull pen phone saying to get Matty Ice warm do you?

I like Oni's size against Clipper wings but he has some serious jitters but I don't think Forrest would be any better. He would kill any offensive flow.

Just play Niang more.