What's new

Playoff Rotations

I believe we started Crowder instead of Favors all four times we played the Rockets this season, I would assume we'll do the same throughout this series.

I believe we started Crowder instead of Favors all four times we played the Rockets this season, I would assume we'll do the same throughout this series.

Honestly, I don’t know what to expect when Snyder has time to prepare. Some made scientist ****.

Hope you heathens and assholes are paying attention to the words pouring out of @NAOS pie hole. Yeah he’s a prick and dumber than he thinks ;)

But around here he’s elite.

I hope Royce starts over Rubio. Stick him on Harden, obvi. Let Joe be the tip of the playmaking spear.
What do you think about the rockets sticking harden on Royce on the other end?
Would we be able to take advantage of hardens terrible defense? Royce doesn't set screens or get screens set for him much and I think putting harden in pick n rolls should be a priority.
Would harden not have to work much to guard Royce?

I definitely like the idea of Royce guarding harden but I don't know if I like it at the expense of us losing the opportunity to attack harden when on offense.

I also worry that Royce might foul too much (he is very physical and "handsy" defense) and get harden too the line early and often.

I don't have any better ideas though. I would just hope that the rockets wouldn't be able to stick harden on someone who doesn't initiate offense or get involved much in the screens and picks we set.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Would we be able to take advantage of hardens terrible defense? Royce doesn't set screens or get screens set for him much and I think putting harden in pick n rolls should be a priority.

I definitely like the idea of Royce guarding harden but I don't know if I like it at the expense of us losing the opportunity to attack harden when on offense.

I also worry that Royce might foul too much (he is very physical and "handsy" defense) and get harden too the line early and often.

I don't have any better ideas though. I would just hope that the rockets wouldn't be able to stick harden on someone who doesn't initiate offense or get involved much in the screens and picks we set.

super good thoughts

Watched a break down of O’Neale’s cutting recently. Basically he starts to cut before the ball even hits his hands. Then he is athletic and strong enough to either make a shot at the rim but more often makes a good read to hit an open player.

With Harden’s weak D there is something to exploit there. Hit the rolling big or a wide open shooter for 3

Quin has has his work cut out for him (whatever the hell that phrase is supposed to mean).

We will see how good he is really soon. I think quin out-coaching dantoni is our best chance to win this series.

Watched a break down of O’Neale’s cutting recently. Basically he starts to cut before the ball even hits his hands. Then he is athletic and strong enough to either make a shot at the rim but more often makes a good read to hit an open player.

With Harden’s weak D there is something to exploit there. Hit the rolling big or a wide open shooter for 3
True but he averages 5 point per game and 4 shots. He simply isn't involved much offensively. Maybe things will change if harden is guarding him.

True but he averages 5 point per game and 4 shots. He simply isn't involved much offensively. Maybe things will change if harden is guarding him.

Jazz also run a lot a ton of screens which causes defenders to switch a lot. I think we will see several players attacking Harden and other weak links in the Rockets D.

Keep in mind that post all star break Rockets D really stepped up. According to twitter anyways.

Will be interesting to see what Snyder does or tries to do.

I think he will see lots of Ingles and Favors pick and rolls when Capela is on the bench.

Jazz also run a lot a ton of screens which causes defenders to switch a lot.

I agree but Royce isn't typically involved in very many of them so harden wouldn't need to switch

Harden is decent on ball, but his spaceyness off ball is well documented... solid points.

I just think if they are switching everything you have his guy set the pick and make him defend the actions... he needs to be involved... maybe he slows down... maybe he gets in foul trouble.

I'd like to at least see us try Favs starting. I generally think it is a bad idea bend and match up against what an opponent does... but does better than you. Like the Mavs when they lost to GS years ago... they decided to go small and fast... like they could beat the Warriors at what they do best... Jazz sledgehammered them in the face with out bigs.

Offensively it is challenging... and I get that.

Like maybe we put Favs on Capela and help on the PnR... have Rudy guard Tucker, but really play zone... have someone help the helper and make PJ Tucker beat us.

I just hope we try some ****... Quin get in the bag and don't be afraid to look stupid.