What's new

Point Guard Musical Chairs

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
So Milwaukee gonna be in scramble mode and rumorz are that they will trade for CP3. Almost has to involve Bledsoe for salary and maybe Hill too.

I'm not sure OKC would be all that interested in Bledsoe and would prefer an expiring deal. Mike could work in that scenario either as a one year placeholder or they could flip his large expiring to NY for stuff... there are like 12 different scenarios but are we interested in some sort of Mike for Bledsoe swap. Eric would help cure a lot of our defensive woes and still gets to the cup. His defensive fit alongside DM I think would be quite good. The shooting is an issue but I think its manageable. His contract is longer but much smaller so might allow for some additional short term maneuvering. Could also nab Robin Lopez to cure our backup center issues in the deal. He'd likely be in there for salary match.

Just a thought/half baked idea.

Combine this with the other Hayward thread. Anyway we can send out Conley and take back Hill and Hayward? Use the MLE on Favors and then we can have our 2017 team back but now + Donovan, Bojan, Clarkson and Royce.

Definitely worth kicking the tires on this.
Its kinda like if we had just rolled with Ricky... though Ricky is a better passer, Eric is a better defender and finisher. I'm kinda meh on it tbh because Eric has three more years left and is now 30 with a history of injury issues... seems to have been healthy in Milwaukee but the medicals might be scary. He's only guaranteed $4M on the last year so I guess 2 years left.

Combine this with the other Hayward thread. Anyway we can send out Conley and take back Hill and Hayward? Use the MLE on Favors and then we can have our 2017 team back but now + Donovan, Bojan, Clarkson and Royce.
I love George Hill but I think he pissed some people off. I think he sat that GS series and the front office wanted him to play through it. I don't blame him one bit... but it didn't end well. If we did the deal we'd likely get Lopez too so backup center is covered. MLE goes to a wing.

Its kinda like if we had just rolled with Ricky... though Ricky is a better passer, Eric is a better defender and finisher. I'm kinda meh on it tbh because Eric has three more years left and is now 30 with a history of injury issues... seems to have been healthy in Milwaukee but the medicals might be scary. He's only guaranteed $4M on the last year so I guess 2 years left.
Based on what I’ve watched, Bledsoe can have periods where he disappears—which, when he’s playing in a high-powered offense, is actually kinda good. Ricky’s shooting problems meant he could never disappear; Eric has to be respected a bit more and he’s definitely a better finisher.

They’re different defenders. I think Eric is hard-nosed on the ball, which would be good for us.

The over-30 issue just makes this more likely to happen. Bleh. Gotta fix the defense, though. And it would be nice to pull some value out of this Conley debacle.

Lol at Hayward. Dude is gonna get traded as an expiring. So he and his family will be moving twice soon. And thus begins his career as a journeyman.

How good would this team be...

Ricky / Ingles
Donovan / Clarkson
Bojan / Korver
Crowder / Royce
Gobert / Favors

Based on what I’ve watched, Bledsoe can have periods where he disappears—which, when he’s playing in a high-powered offense, is actually kinda good. Ricky’s shooting problems meant he could never disappear; Eric has to be respected a bit more and he’s definitely a better finisher.

They’re different defenders. I think Eric is hard-nosed on the ball, which would be good for us.

The over-30 issue just makes this more likely to happen. Bleh. Gotta fix the defense, though. And it would be nice to pull some value out of this Conley debacle.
I actually think Ricky might be better shooter. Ricky was okay as a spot up guy. Eric was for a while too then his recent history has been bad.

I think Ricky would be okay with the current starting lineup. Eric is more of a lock down guy but also is disruptive like Ricky. I think Eric would also handle the ball less... it was the possessions where he’d dribble around with nothing going that drove me nuts.

Anyway... there will be some movement we can likely get in on the summer if we really want to shake it up with Mike. I think OKC is super smart if they really do go full rebuild. They will come out of this smelling like a god damned rose and still had a very successful season. Add a couple picks for CP3 and Schroeder... maybe add some draft capital for doing sign and trade with Gallo... Don’t think adams has a ton of value but his contract ain’t long. Presti did a good job in a tight spot.

How good would this team be...

Ricky / Ingles
Donovan / Clarkson
Bojan / Korver
Crowder / Royce
Gobert / Favors
Korver is cooked but I get your point. Add in a couple picks on top of that too. SMDH

Bledsoe, the guy that chokes terribly every year in the playoffs? No thanks.

Please just run it back with Conley and add a defender or two.

Reactions: SCS
Should've just kept Rubio if that is the case. Two midget guard lineup simply doesn't work.

I actually think Ricky might be better shooter. Ricky was okay as a spot up guy. Eric was for a while too then his recent history has been bad.

I think Ricky would be okay with the current starting lineup. Eric is more of a lock down guy but also is disruptive like Ricky. I think Eric would also handle the ball less... it was the possessions where he’d dribble around with nothing going that drove me nuts.

Anyway... there will be some movement we can likely get in on the summer if we really want to shake it up with Mike. I think OKC is super smart if they really do go full rebuild. They will come out of this smelling like a god damned rose and still had a very successful season. Add a couple picks for CP3 and Schroeder... maybe add some draft capital for doing sign and trade with Gallo... Don’t think adams has a ton of value but his contract ain’t long. Presti did a good job in a tight spot.
Speaking of Schroeder.... I wonder what the asking price would be. I’d be more interested in rolling the dice on him. And he likes Q, so there wouldn’t be a respect-gap on that end.

Bench Conley then we will need a starting SG(maybe Royce but I just can't see him as anything more than a 20min bench guy) who has the size and lateral quickness to guard the pick n roll, and a starting PF who can hold down the paint when our center goes out to contest. Without getting rid of Conley's 32 mil I doubt we have what it takes to acquire that sort of additions.

Speaking of Schroeder.... I wonder what the asking price would be. I’d be more interested in rolling the dice on him. And he likes Q, so there wouldn’t be a respect-gap on that end.
I think he's better off the bench... so if we move away from JC he'd be good.

I think he's better off the bench... so if we move away from JC he'd be good.
I’d consider him as a starter. Not an ideal-starter, but we aren’t in a position to acquire one of those with our expendable parts.

I might be on an island here, and that’s fine. But I think Schroeder has done some growing up. And I think he can be a plus in our system on both sides of the ball. I can see him subbing out early and running a lot with the bench, too.

Bledsoe, the guy that chokes terribly every year in the playoffs? No thanks.

Please just run it back with Conley and add a defender or two.
The playoff numbers are ugly... the issue with running it back with Conley is the budget gets real thin to add a defender or two.

Part of me is right there on the run it back train. We had the best offense post JC trade... our bench was the biggest issue... we had some really good 5 man lineups so if you solve the bench issues are we gold? Can we solve the issues with limited monetary resources?

We need one more super solid piece and like one young guy to pop.... so long as no one falls off a cliff.

I’d consider him as a starter. Not an ideal-starter, but we aren’t in a position to acquire one of those with our expendable parts.

I might be on an island here, and that’s fine. But I think Schroeder has done some growing up. And I think he can be a plus in our system on both sides of the ball. I can see him subbing out early and running a lot with the bench, too.
I'm not sure how good a defender he is... likely better than Mike at this stage. I think he's a competitive ******* (I mean this is a good way) and if his team sucks it leads to his unhappiness.

I'm not sure how good a defender he is... likely better than Mike at this stage. I think he's a competitive ******* (I mean this is a good way) and if his team sucks it leads to his unhappiness.
I’d want to see his advanced stats, but when he’s engaged (can be a problem) I definitely believe in him as a defender. Really long and fast at that position. Has some good instincts. If he were given a shot as a starter on a good team, then maybe his engagement problems wouldn’t rear their heads?