What's new

Poker Game at Gameface's house. 2-18 @ 8pm

So here's the structure I'm planning to go with. Generally when the blinds and antes are = or > 5% of the chips in play the tournament ends.

Starting chips: 5000
25's = 12 (300)
100's = 17 (1700)
500's = 6 (3000)

Each level will last 15min.

Level SB/BB
1 - 25/50
2 - 50/100
3 - 75/150
4 - 100/200
5 - 150/300
Break and Color Up
6 - 200/400
7 - 300/600
8 - 500/1000
9 - 700/1400 <--expected end if there are 10 players or less
Break and Color Up
10 - 1000/2000
11 - 1500/3000
12 - 2000/4000 <--expected end if there are 20 players
13 - 3000/6000
14 - 5000/10,000

Color up is when you remove the lowest denomination chip from play and replace them with the next lowest chip. It helps keep things moving because people don't have to count out as many chips as bets get larger. In the past I have done a "chip race" but in this tournament I think I will just round everyone up. (ask questions if you have them)

I like the structure. I normally do chip progression (color up) only once or twice. I think I will try this next time.

That's a bad night/weekend for me, but I would be interested in joining the game the next time, if there is a next time.

None of the above. I don't pick on 6ft+ guys who are ripped, it's just bad strategy.

But seriously, it's worth $20 to get in this game! Get over here at 7-7:30 and I can help you not make too many stupid mistakes. Honest offer.

Since you sound like a nice guy, I might take you up on that offer. If nothing comes up between now and then, count me in.

My last roommate taught me how to play poker. It can be fun. If I didn't have to work until 10:00 PM on the 18th, I'd consider joining in. If you do this again, maybe try it on a Saturday.

My last roommate taught me how to play poker. It can be fun. If I didn't have to work until 10:00 PM on the 18th, I'd consider joining in. If you do this again, maybe try it on a Saturday.

Good sugestion, I'll keep it in mind, and I do hope this works out well enough that a few people will want to do it again.

That's a bad night/weekend for me, but I would be interested in joining the game the next time, if there is a next time.

So is Friday a bad night in general, or just this particular Friday? How about Saturdays?

So, by my count I have 8 committed players, 3 maybes (one strong maybe and two weak maybes), and a few people who say they might be able to bring someone with. If the 8 who say they'll be here show up we'll be in good shape. I'd feel a lot better if we had 11 commitments, as we could start on one table 11 handed if everyone shows up, but we'll have a little more breathing room if a few drop out or are no-shows.

No matter what I'll be able to go to two tables on the fly if there are a few unexpected late participants, so don't hesitate to drag someone along if you can.

If you've been considering this just do it. It's gonna be fun. I've hosted many tournaments (easily in the triple digits) and I know how to run a smooth and enjoyable poker tournament. If you're a skilled veteran you'll appreciate it, if you've never played before you'll appreciate it even more.

If anyone is interested in info regarding poker, or how home poker tournaments are (should) be run visit www.homepokertourney.com It was my internet stomping ground before I found Jazzfanz.

Hope to see you at the game!

Poker pron
IMG_5821.jpg

IMG_5830.jpg

IMG_5831.jpg