What's new

Poll: BYU Football 2013 edition goes...

What will BYU's record be at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Looking at last year's USA Today pre-season CFB rankings does not give me too much trust concerning their predictive abilities, but so far they have BYU ranked pretty highly. They showcase a team a day starting at the team ranked 125, moving towards #1. They are currently on #41 and have not showcased BYU yet, but it should be coming any day.

Interesting note - Number of Schools Between 40-125 by BCS Conference

SEC: 7
PAC-12: 7
BIG 10: 6
BIG 12: 4

Haha....I love BYU but they are so lame sometimes:

BRLKvWLCEAIKKmc.jpg:large

Huge backlash already though, so hopefully it doesn't stay.

Lolololol is this a whole season thing or practice jerseys?

#questforperfection #bandofbrothers #riseup #hugenerds

This post brought to you by UGLI baby

When Bronco started he was almost fired immediately because of the Spirit part. Those in charge were fine with Tradition and Honor but tried to get Spirit taken out. Bronco stuck to his guns.

Bronco said it's going to be on there until he is not coaching anymore.

... or apparently until today. DJ & PK said he's backed off because basically none of the players were in favor. They'll wear them for the homecoming game, but that's it.

Jordan Johnson out for the year with ACL tear. Anyone on JF have NCAA eligibility left?

Maybe the worst possible guy we could have lost.

I would rather have lost hill, jamaal, hoffman, maybe even van noy. We have good depth for those guys.
We are screwed at cornerback now.

There went the undefeated season.
Bye bye national championship

It's definitely a bummer. He has utility in the return game too so it's kind of a double whammy. The good news is if BYU can be good at one corner spot, which I still think they have the potential to be, and completely awful at the other, that's about par with what they normally have. And they are decently well at masking that weakness. I'm just hoping his replacement is good at being so unusually out of place on the field that opposing quarterbacks won't know what to do with themselves.

Really though, I'm one those idiots that yells at the T.V. every time DBs play off the line too much, even if it is schematically warranted, so I've got the state mental hospital on speed dial now for when I go completely nuts because they are going to be doing that more than usual now amongst other things.

Last edited:
It's definitely a bummer. He has utility in the return game too so it's kind of a double whammy. The good news is if BYU can be good at one corner spot, which I still think they have the potential to be, and completely awful at the other, that's about par with what they normally have. And they are decently well at masking that weakness. I'm just hoping his replacement is good at being so unusually out of place on the field that opposing quarterbacks won't know what to do with themselves.

Really though, I'm one those idiots that yells at the T.V. every time DBs play off the line too much, even if it is schematically warranted, so I've got the state mental hospital on speed dial now for when I go completely nuts because they are going to be doing that more than usual now amongst other things.

HATE THE 10 YARDS OFF THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE THING.
And I totally understand why they do it and for the most part it works..... until you play a really good team

Dang, devastating day for byu fans.

Not cuz of the injury, just kind of devastating everyday you wake up a zoob.

With Johnson gone, BYU officially has the worst CB unit in the state (including Weber State and Southern Utah). Don't worry Cougar fan, I'm sure Utah, Utah State, Texas, Notre Dame and Boise State won't notice.

With Johnson gone, BYU officially has the worst CB unit in the state (including Weber State and Southern Utah). Don't worry Cougar fan, I'm sure Utah, Utah State, Texas, Notre Dame and Boise State won't notice.

Link me to a current Utah depth chart. Because I'm pretty sure I remember you guys having nobody but unproven guys back there.

Lol, with Johnson now gone you would take Utah's "unproven" guys in a second compared to what BYU currently has to choose from.

Actually.... No way in hell I would want McGill playing corner..... I would rather just move a wide receiver (falslev) over to defense than try McGill at corner.