• 8-9

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • 10-11

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • 12-13

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters

Golfman

How high do you think we could move up in the draft if we packaged our #14 and #21 picks? A separate question is if we would want to do that, I can't think of many players I'd do that for, but Burke would be one of them.

Man, the Jazz were able to get the 3rd pick from the Blazers for the 6th and 27th pick in the same draft, plus a first rounder than turned out to be the last pick the next year. How'd that ever happen?

14th and 21st by themselves...I'd say 10th at absolute best, but 12th would seem more likely to me.

I really can't see this happening. The gap between talent is so small the Jazz would be dumb to give up two players for one player since the Jazz need a lot of help.

This.

I don't know if it would be worth it to trade 14 and 21 for even #1.....

Yeah, not really into the idea. I have Scrodum targeted but the field is pretty open when not looking at positional need.

I would say that we could probably move up to somewhere within the 5-10 range. Now, is that high enough to draft Trey Burke? Don't know. It depends upon who would be drafting before we pick and what their particular "needs" are. We really won't know anything until the lottery on May 21st actually happens (duh). However, looking at the current order based upon the final NBA Standings, here is the lottery order:

#1: Magic
#2: Bobcats
#3: Cavaliers
#4: Suns
#5: Pelicans
#6: Kings
#7: Pistons
#8: Wizards
#9: Timberwolves
#10: Trailblazers
#11: 76ers
#12: Raptors
#13: Mavericks
#14: Jazz

Looking at teams 5-10 (assuming that is probably the range where we could potentially trade up into), the Trailblazers @ 10 (they just drafted ROTY Damian Lillard), the Timberwolves @ 9 (Ricky Rubio) Wizards @ 8 (John Wall), the Kings at 6 (Isaiah Thomas/Tyreke Evans), and New Orleans @ 5 (Greivis Vasquez/Eric Gordon) seem to already have young lead/point guards established on their teams. Therefore, they would likely pass on Trey Burke if available. If one of these teams like a player at a different position and think that they can still get him by moving down to 14 while acquiring a second 1st round pick at 21, they are a potential trade partner for the Jazz if we really like Trey Burke IMO. Now, again, this is all just conjecture and posturing because we the actual draft order is not set and will not be set until the 21st. Hell, the Jazz could potentially get lucky and move into the top 3, which would almost assuredly land us Trey Burke.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

I think if the Jazz offered #14 and #21 in this darft, they'd probably be able to darft at #14 and #21. The only way they would move up is if they also took on a bad contract. I just don't see a team above them being interested in 2 ****ty picks.

This.

I don't know if it would be worth it to trade 14 and 21 for even #1.....

You were quite adamant earlier about dealing both picks to secure McCollum. Although that may have been before all those euro's declared.

Maybe Philly at #11. I doubt Minny or Portland want to help us at #9 and #10, but it's a fair deal both ways. It might be worth doing if McCollum or Shabazz are in range at #10.

The other rationale here is that I'm not sure the Jazz want to take on 3 rookies. That said, Philly already has 3 picks in this draft and would be acquiring a 4th. I suppose they could do other trades though.

I could see it happening to move up to 10 or something. Maybe whoever is drafting at 10 has their eyes set on McCollum, but he gets picked up at 9. The team reevaluates and notices the players left on their board can be had at 14, not to mention getting an additional pick at 21. They call up Utah, and bam, deal done.

I could see it happening to move up to 10 or something. Maybe whoever is drafting at 10 has their eyes set on McCollum, but he gets picked up at 9. The team reevaluates and notices the players left on their board can be had at 14, not to mention getting an additional pick at 21. They call up Utah, and bam, deal done.

I agree. Something like that could happen. But I doubt the Jazz could get any higher than 10 for their two picks.

Good point. I'd bet the Jazz get one or two offers like that. It's risky though. The talent level is so flat that anyone could go at any time. I think the offers would start coming in at #11 or #12.

If we wanted to be really funky, we could trade all three of our picks for all three of Philly's picks. Philly has #11 + 35 + 42.

Jazz' number is unlisted.

I like where the Jazz are drafting. My current big board for Utah would look something like this:

1 Noel
2 McLemore
3 Burke
4 Oladipo
5 Porter
6 Bennett
7 McCollum
8 Shabazz
9 Schroeder
10 Gobert
11 Adams
12 Giannis
13 Len
14 Zeller
15 Olynyk
16 Caldwell-Pope
17 Glen Rice Jr.
18 Dieng
19 Plumlee
20 Karasev
21 Franklin
22 Wolters
23 Crabbe

We'll get a couple good players.

I like where the Jazz are drafting. My current big board for Utah would look something like this:

1 Noel
2 McLemore
3 Burke
4 Oladipo
5 Porter
6 Bennett
7 McCollum
8 Shabazz
9 Schroeder
10 Gobert
11 Adams
12 Giannis