What's new

Poll - Where does Kawhi Go?

Where does Kawhi go this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm saying Clippers, but it wouldn't be crazy if he signed with Toronto on a 1 year deal. Lakers obviously a viable option but I honestly don't think he's the personality that craves the attention and criticism that a Super Team brings.
No matter what I feel that the Jazz are destined for a Championship this year no matter what happens. There's no guarantee any team will stay healthy. I never hope for an injury "unless it's Hayward" but if it happens, it happens and it's a real possibility. This is the year of the Utah Jazz.

See, Kyle Lowry's net salary is $12m when his gross salary is $28.7m. NET/GROSS ratio is 42% in Canada (lowest in the NBA), 50% in LA (average). So if Kawhi signes a $200m contract in Canada he'll lose $16m cash flat. ESPN link

See, Kyle Lowry's net salary is $12m when his gross salary is $28.7m. NET/GROSS ratio is 42% in Canada (lowest in the NBA), 50% in LA (average). So if Kawhi signes a $200m contract in Canada he'll lose $16m cash flat. ESPN link
But there are different benefits, currency advantages, real estate advantages and write-offs state by state or Country by Country. Especially with Kawhi being an American and playing in Canada. The write-offs available to him are insane! Also there are states without income tax like Texas, Florida, Tennessee, Washington, Nevada, and a couple others. There are also different percentages of other taxes that effect all states. Considering the write-offs Canada offers, you would recoup a good percentage of your money. I'm self employed and one of the reasons I moved from Utah to Nevada is because of the tax breaks and financial benefits. It meant literally tens of thousands of dollars extra. For these athletes making millions, there are different breaks available to them and its state by state. Canada is a completely different system.

That dude has a total of 9 tweets.
He used to be a reddit user, but deleted his account because he got doxxed(as Jeanie Buss' nephew). His record on reddit with news leaking was very good. He's broken multiple trades and FA signings days and in some cases weeks before anybody else did.

Kawhi earned so much respect for what he did last season. He would lose so much of that respect if he went to the Lakers. He actually gains even more respect if he doesn't go to the Lakers.

Is he KD who joined a super team or is he LeBron who went back to Cleveland? To me its Lakers or Clippers. Super team or do the unthinkable and try to win a title with a team most said never could?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Kawhi earned so much respect for what he did last season. He would lose so much of that respect if he went to the Lakers. He actually gains even more respect if he doesn't go to the Lakers.

Is he KD who joined a super team or is he LeBron who went back to Cleveland? To me its Lakers or Clippers. Super team or do the unthinkable and try to win a title with a team most said never could?

Do you mean “Is he Lebron who joined a super team in Miami or Lebron who tried to form a super team in Cleveland, or Lebron who’s trying to form a super team in LA?”

Do you mean “Is he Lebron who joined a super team in Miami or Lebron who tried to form a super team in Cleveland, or Lebron who’s trying to form a super team in LA?”
Lol at LeBron hate. Yep, he joined a Miami team which couldn't make it out of the first round the few years prior to his arrival. And yeah, his buddy Chris Bosh who had made it to the 2nd round once in his career joined him and Wade in Miami.

And yeah, LeBron went to Cleveland where "superstar" Kyrie had successfully led his team to the worst NBA record over his first 4 years as a pro. And they traded the #1 pick for a Kevin Love who never even made the playoffs before coming to Cleveland.

People who moan over LeBron are borderline idiots. Every title team is stacked. GS was a true superteam. Toronto had more talent this year than any team LeBron ever played on. The Spurs team had so many good players. Nobody wins on their own. LeBron changed how teams came together but he didn't change the fact that every champion is really good.

Lol at LeBron hate. Yep, he joined a Miami team which couldn't make it out of the first round the few years prior to his arrival. And yeah, his buddy Chris Bosh who had made it to the 2nd round once in his career joined him and Wade in Miami.

And yeah, LeBron went to Cleveland where "superstar" Kyrie had successfully led his team to the worst NBA record over his first 4 years as a pro. And they traded the #1 pick for a Kevin Love who never even made the playoffs before coming to Cleveland.

People who moan over LeBron are borderline idiots. Every title team is stacked. GS was a true superteam. Toronto had more talent this year than any team LeBron ever played on. The Spurs team had so many good players. Nobody wins on their own. LeBron changed how teams came together but he didn't change the fact that every champion is really good.

Oh, I’m not a hater. I’m a realist. It’s silly to use Lebron as an opposite example to the villain KD who went to a super team for a ring when that’s literally all Lebron has tried to do when he moves.

I agree - LeBron has every right to use his currency as the best player in the league any way he sees fit. But the law of diminishing returns is eventually going catch up to the league when it comes to these contrived "super teams." Traditionally, dynasties have been good for the basketball but until recently they developed organically.

I don't know if it's going to happen this time if Leonard goes to LAL or the next time or the next time; but I guarantee you this is going to start pissing off fans and the number of new fans it attracts will be less and less.

Oh, I’m not a hater. I’m a realist. It’s silly to use Lebron as an opposite example to the villain KD who went to a super team for a ring when that’s literally all Lebron has tried to do when he moves.
LeBron built contenders out of mediocrity or failures. KD joined a 73 win team that had gone to two straight finals.

They are absolutely completely different.

I agree - LeBron has every right to use his currency as the best player in the league any way he sees fit. But the law of diminishing returns is eventually going catch up to the league when it comes to these contrived "super teams." Traditionally, dynasties have been good for the basketball but until recently they developed organically.

I don't know if it's going to happen this time if Leonard goes to LAL or the next time or the next time; but I guarantee you this is going to start pissing off fans and the number of new fans it attracts will be less and less.
I really hope Kawhi does not go to the Lakers. I think it's terrible for his legacy and LeBron's legacy. The only way it helps LeBron is if they win every title when they are together.

LeBron built contenders out of mediocrity or failures. KD joined a 73 win team that had gone to two straight finals.

They are absolutely completely different.

I disagree in the level of difference you seem to think there is.
Their purpose was the same, but one of them definitely joined a better team rather than join a team and pull in other stars to make it a super team. Either way you end up with a super team.

I disagree in the level of difference you seem to think there is.
Their purpose was the same, but one of them definitely joined a better team rather than join a team and pull in other stars to make it a super team. Either way you end up with a super team.

Well broken down that way, well yeah. LeBron had to leave Cleveland if he wanted to win a title. Danny Ferry was destroying the roster. So he went to play with a good buddy. It just turns out another friend was in a situation going nowhere so he joined up too.

Sure, two guys joined their buddy and they became pretty darn good. They made the finals but lost because they didn't have everything down yet. But to put it in the same atmosphere as KD joining a two time finals team with 3 all stars that just broke the record for most regular season wins is just ludicrous. There is a reason GS dominated everything for two years until injuries cost them this year.

Well broken down that way, well yeah. LeBron had to leave Cleveland if he wanted to win a title. Danny Ferry was destroying the roster. So he went to play with a good buddy. It just turns out another friend was in a situation going nowhere so he joined up too.

Sure, two guys joined their buddy and they became pretty darn good. They made the finals but lost because they didn't have everything down yet. But to put it in the same atmosphere as KD joining a two time finals team with 3 all stars that just broke the record for most regular season wins is just ludicrous. There is a reason GS dominated everything for two years until injuries cost them this year.
Plus KD left a team that was pretty loaded and capable of winning a championship to go a team that would be all but guaranteed to win a championship

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Let’s be real... it’s pretty obvious that returning to Toronto is not his first choice - I mean why would he make the team wait so long? I think he’s concerned about what other pieces the Lakers can surround him with. But regardless, if he goes there that three-headed monster will be difficult to beat.

Pretty brutal. But if he goes anywhere else, I do see the Jazz getting to the finals.