What's new

Poll: Would you do this trade? Stephen Jackson and Nazr Mohammed (expiring) for AK?

Would you do SJax and Nazr (5.2 rpg in <18mpg) who's expiring for AK?

• Yes

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
I meant the Bobcats. And c'mon bro, C.J. Miles has the best +/- on our team. Does that means he's better than the rest of our guys? Contributes more than them? Makes the rest of our team that much better? Bro, our wings are mediocre and he's one of the reasons why.

I can tell you're either a CJ hater or a +/- hater and that you're blinded to truth by it. +/- is an INDICATOR just like PER or ANY OTHER METRIC is an indicator. I have a general rule; if the PER metric and net +/- metric say a player's good, a player is good. It likewise applies if you're making comparisons.

I've now said twice what my point is. If you want to turn this into something I never said, feel free to continue to make an *** of yourself.

Not being argumentative, but how much of that was when MJ was piloting the ship? I don't think he'd sign off on their two stars leaving to the same team for a guy like AK and a rookie.

Understood. Hardly any of it was, I was just going off on a tangent about how bad that organization has been.

Not being argumentative, but how much of that was when MJ was piloting the ship? I don't think he'd sign off on their two stars leaving to the same team for a guy like AK and a rookie.

That would put them at 40M committed salary with a 9M expiring deal in Diaw to work with for next year. That is a ton of flexibility. They aren't winning. If they want to rebuild that isn't a horrible deal.

I can tell you're either a CJ hater or a +/- hater and that you're blinded to truth by it. +/- is an INDICATOR just like PER or ANY OTHER METRIC is an indicator. I have a general rule; if the PER metric and net +/- metric say a player's good, a player is good. It likewise applies if you're making comparisons.

I've now said twice what my point is. If you want to turn this into something I never said, feel free to continue to make an *** of yourself.

Every player in the top 30 or so in +/- is on LA, the Heat, Orlando, Dallas,the Celts along with Rose and Miles. Does that mean every player not there sucks or is not as good as those players possibly? I mean, Chris Bosh is first in +/-. Is he the cog that makes Miami go? Give me a break bro. I'm neither a +/- hater nor a Miles hater. I just see things as how they are. +/- like any stat should be taken with a grain of salt as it's not some perfect indicator. I also know that Miles and anyone else (AK, Hayward, Bell) won't cut it at the wings for us. The simplest way to put it is this. SJax is a far better player than any of our wings, yes, even AK. Period. He gives us a big upgrade and Mohammed gives us depth up front and rebounding which we sorely need. It also saves the Millers about 3M this year. Be honest with yourself, you're worried about Jackson's contract. You don't think Greggy boy will foolishly overpay to retain AK's services anyway for about 8-9M per anyway?

I was just going off on a tangent about how bad that organization has been.

"Epically bad," or "disastrous," or "seemingly run by a band of red-faced baboons" would all apply. And I see your points too. Hopefully you see why I have this man-crush on Jax too. Whether we trade AK or Memo for him doesn't matter much to me, because I see Jax as an upgrade regardless.

"Epically bad," or "disastrous," or "seemingly run by a band of red-faced baboons" would all apply. And I see your points too. Hopefully you see why I have this man-crush on Jax too. Whether we trade AK or Memo for him doesn't matter much to me, because I see Jax as an upgrade regardless.

I agree. The length of the deal and the age of the player involved could be catastrophic, though. There has to be a way for the Jazz to get out of this theme of paying out of its *** for one or two deals that are too much for too long at some point.

Every player in the top 30 or so in +/- is on LA, the Heat, Orlando, Dallas,the Celts along with Rose and Miles. Does that mean every player not there sucks or is not as good as those players possibly? I mean, Chris Bosh is first in +/-. Is he the cog that makes Miami go? Give me a break bro. I'm neither a +/- hater nor a Miles hater. I just see things as how they are. +/- like any stat should be taken with a grain of salt as it's not some perfect indicator. I also know that Miles and anyone else (AK, Hayward, Bell) won't cut it at the wings for us. The simplest way to put it is this. SJax is a far better player than any of our wings, yes, even AK. Period. He gives us a big upgrade and Mohammed gives us depth up front and rebounding which we sorely need. It also saves the Millers about 3M this year. Be honest with yourself, you're worried about Jackson's contract. You don't think Greggy boy will foolishly overpay to retain AK's services anyway for about 8-9M per anyway?

I'm not AK or CJ homer. And yes, that's been my point, I am worried as **** about Jackson's contract. I've said that too many times. The Jazz are not good enough or have the massive financial support that the Lakers, Knicks, Celtics, whoever have to be treating big contracts with significant risks attached like it's not a big deal.

I know Memo is worth less, but I would gauge what the interest would be from there. The risks are much less if you're getting rid of Memo.

I agree. The length of the deal and the age of the player involved could be catastrophic, though. There has to be a way for the Jazz to get out of this theme of paying out of its *** for one or two deals that are too much for too long at some point.

This will seem like a bit of a cop-out, but with a potential looming lockout on the horizon, the Jazz might not be absorbing much of a hit at all re: Jax's salary. Effectively this could be a one and a half year loan on a guy who, this year at least, could surely provide the impetus for us to reach June.

I'm not AK or CJ homer. And yes, that's been my point, I am worried as **** about Jackson's contract. I've said that too many times. The Jazz are not good enough or have the massive financial support that the Lakers, Knicks, Celtics, whoever have to be treating big contracts with significant risks attached like it's not a big deal.

I know Memo is worth less, but I would gauge what the interest would be from there. The risks are much less if you're getting rid of Memo.

I agree. I've said SJax (and Kwame for depth?) for Memo. But this post is essentially a response to someone's post in another thread about what we could get for AK.

I would do the ether of the trades that KEK put up. I have been a AK guy for years. But with what he has brought the last 4 years it is more than obvious that he well never be the player that we expected him to be when we signed him to that contract. I think its better to cut the loss now and get a player that could help us win it all. We need a scoring wing player plain and simple. Miles is good but to inconsistant, Bell has very little left in the tank it seems and Hayward is a 20 year old rookie that it think it would be way to soon to expect to produce like he has the last 3 games on a consistant basis.