What's new

Portland Trailblazers (15-15) @ Utah Jazz (21-9) 12/27 7PM MST

LifeOnaPlate

The Portland Wesley Matthews (15-15) @ Utah Jazz (21-9) 12/27 7PM MST

I still remember you, Wes.

gyi0060272997.jpg

Pretty good effort on the floor I think.

la_g_wmatthews1_sy_576.jpg

Remember this?

5dfa8be77529bc3fdb5dc8774196b8ac-ge.jpg

Then:

wes1.jpg

You're out having some fun:

WesMatthews.jpg

You never call anymore.

d1234dbf1d5821d757f3a846e73dcdc7-getty-103883626rm010_portland_tra.jpg

The Blazers have dropped 11 of their last 13 away from home, including the last 4 straight. They've had only two wins in Utah in the last decade.

But Utah has looked a bit sluggish after long breaks this year.

Go Jazz. I still miss you, Wes. Your contract looked ludicrous at the time (and still does, really). Best of luck.

baron_davis.jpg

baron_davis.jpg

baron_davis.jpg

baron_davis.jpg

I was watching the Blazers plays the Suns the other night...maybe it last night...or maybe it was another night...anyway, Wes played pretty well. That kid is good.

I love Wesley Matthews. Bring him back. Some sort of package involving Okur and Heyword. The Blazers can throw in Sabonis' old jockstrap to make the swap appear balanced.

Jazz by 10+, as it's a roadie and we are simply too good on the road. Next three on the road, in fact, so all is well in my head.

I love Wesley Matthews. Bring him back. Some sort of package involving Okur and Heyword. The Blazers can throw in Sabonis' old jockstrap to make the swap appear balanced.

Jazz by 10+, as it's a roadie and we are simply too good on the road. Next three on the road, in fact, so all is well in my head.

Great post! Unfortunately, my friend, the game is at home...whether the Jazz come out and "play" remains to be seen. Look for the first points to see what direction the Jazz will go...

Jumper vs layup

I have a strong distaste for the Blazers because they tried to take Millsap, and because they successfully took Matthews (albeit, they took him fair and square, and at a remarkably high price).

Recruit your own players, Portland. Players with better knees and so forth. No one is gong to want that giant contract, so I think Matthews will be in our division for a long time. Like breaking up with a girl who lives in the same Ward. (And for all my non-Mormon pals out there, it's like breaking up with a girl who lives next door.)

WEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssss....

Ladies and gentlemen welcome to Jazzfanz. Where people here like to complain about our franchise's lack of roster turnover and consistency in sticking with the same roster, but when Utah does lose players like Boozer and Matthews there has to be dozens of threads about getting them back or comparing them to current players on the team. Please let it go.

Isn't funny how the Blizzars play so much worse with Roy on the floor, and yet he continues to play 35+ mins a game unless injured? Why can't they get rid of him?

Isn't funny how the Blizzars play so much worse with Roy on the floor, and yet he continues to play 35+ mins a game unless injured? Why can't they get rid of him?
Get rid of him meaning what? Hard to trade a max-player w/a bad knee who still has 5 years left on his deal. He's still playing because he's the face of the franchise and he's a competitor that's trying to gut it out. Unfortunately for them he no longer has the the same quickness to beat you off the bounce yet still needs to dominate the ball to be successful. For Portland's sake, it'd be better for him to shut it down for a few months - if not for the season.

Because nobody in their right mind would want his contract unless Portland takes back something equally bad. Glad I said no to him in my fantasy leagues.

Why the hell do we have a game thread not even supporting our team? This is stupid. Its supporting westley matthews on the other team and showing ak getting dunked on? I thought this was a jazz fan forum?

Why the hell do we have a game thread not even supporting our team? This is stupid. Its supporting westley matthews on the other team and showing ak getting dunked on? I thought this was a jazz fan forum?

Welcome to Jazzfanz.

Ladies and gentlemen welcome to Jazzfanz. Where people here like to complain about our franchise's lack of roster turnover and consistency in sticking with the same roster, but when Utah does lose players like Boozer and Matthews there has to be dozens of threads about getting them back or comparing them to current players on the team. Please let it go.

only 2% wants boozer back.

thats what i dont egt io hjave wahcted a cople of blazers game. its a small sample soize but with roy out there. they SUCK.
without roy they are a better team. yet he gets minutes:S

lol

also, welcome to jazzfanz