What's new

Portland Trailblazers (15-15) @ Utah Jazz (21-9) 12/27 7PM MST

Here's the post where I spend a lot of useless time responding to a half-cocked post by vslice zero two. Apologies in advance.

Ladies and gentlemen welcome to Jazzfanz. Where people here like to complain about our franchise's lack of roster turnover and consistency in sticking with the same roster,

Is this supposed to refer to me, the person who created the OP of this particular thread? If so, allow me to introduce myself. I am LifeOnaPlate. I invite you to learn more about me, because your impression of things I like to complain about is radically different from the things I actually like to complain about.

but when Utah does lose players like Boozer and Matthews there has to be dozens of threads about getting them back

I've never wished for Bozzer's return privately, or in conversation with friends, or anywhere on this message board. I'm personally quite happy that he's gone and I wish him well on a team that seems better suited to his talents and liabilities. As for Matthews, I recognized at the time of his departure that the contract he was offered was excessive. So I certainly don't fault anyone in particular for not matching Portland's offer.

At the same time, I do like his game quite a bit. I wish he was still with the team. It seems pretty natural that people would wish to express their opinions about various players on a website devoted to the discussion of a sports franchise. If a player previously played for the Jazz should people cease talking about such players? To be logically consistent, should we extend this prohibition to all non-Jazz players? Or does your expectation only apply to people who played for the Jazz at one point in time? Should we rule out all trade threads since they inevitably include discussion of other players in the NBA who do not play for the Jazz? Why talk about trades at all? Why not just, as you say, "please let it go"?

or comparing them to current players on the team.

Again, this point isn't relevant to anything I said here, or to anything anyone in this thread said. Even still, I don't understand why such discussion should be off-limits in principle.

DukeJazz: I respect the game of Wes Matthews. He went from being a promising young starter for the Jazz to an overpaid Blazer man all too quickly, in my view. Despite the fact that I really do wish Matthews was still with the team, I think you took my thread a little more seriously than I intended it to be taken. For that, I award myself zero points, and and beg your forgiveness.

Why the hell do we have a game thread not even supporting our team? This is stupid. Its supporting westley matthews on the other team and showing ak getting dunked on? I thought this was a jazz fan forum?

PS: Please learn how to properly distinguish between "its" and "it's." I feel this is a gripe which is much more worthy of attention than is your gripe about the game thread.

thats what i dont egt io hjave wahcted a cople of blazers game. its a small sample soize but with roy out there. they SUCK.
without roy they are a better team. yet he gets minutes:S

Ah, I see English is likely not your primary language. I suppose your screen name should have tipped me off about that one. Apologies for my insensitivity. Nevertheless, I think you will greatly benefit from learning to distinguish when to use "its" and when to use "it's." To that end, enjoy this description from wikihow and other various websites:

If you can substitute the word with "it is" or "it has" then you want the contraction "it's." It is a contraction, meaning the shorthand combining of two words. That's why an apostrophe (') is used, to signal the missing letters. Examples:

• It's a nice day
  • It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
  • It's easy to differentiate between 'it's' and 'its'

On the other hand, "Its" is a possessive pronoun which means "belonging to it." If you can replace the word with "his" or "her," etc. and it makes sense, then you want the possessive "its." Examples:

• The rabbit's teeth were long but its ears were longer
  • The dog had a scar on its face.
  • You've seen the main floor of the house, but you haven't seen its basement

I'm glad we had this chat.

LOAP. you're addressing two different people, DukeJazz and DutchJazzer. Just an FYI.

And Memo makes his long-awaited ESA return tonight!

moreumm04.gif

Ladies and gentlemen welcome to Jazzfanz. Where people here like to complain about our franchise's lack of roster turnover and consistency in sticking with the same roster, but when Utah does lose players like Boozer and Matthews there has to be dozens of threads about getting them back or comparing them to current players on the team. Please let it go.
Umm, what's Boozer got to do with it?

As a starter, Wes has been averaging 20ppg, shooting 48/39/84 FG/3PT/FT, and still known for his good defense and hustle. Doing it now, and not just the idea of some prospect maybe becoming a nice 12ppg role player five years from now. Letting Wes go has turned out to be one huge mistake by the front office. Just admit it.

Ladies and gentlemen welcome to Jazzfanz. Where people here like to complain about our franchise's lack of roster turnover and consistency in sticking with the same roster, but when Utah does lose players like Boozer and Matthews there has to be dozens of threads about getting them back or comparing them to current players on the team. Please let it go.

The squeaky retard gets the grease...that's how it goes right?

If Ronnie Price isn't going to play with any intensity, or shoot wide open jumpers, Sloan should play Hayward.

Geez Jerry, playing Okur on one leg and a rookie who is clearly ineffective in the forth quarter...WHAT ARE YOU THINK'N