What's new

(Possible Headline) Donovan Mitchell signs w/ NY Knicks?!!

Thnx Bro.
I choose not to live in fear and pessimism
Fear, pessimism, reality.....I’m sure the Knicks front office doesn’t ever ask about Donovan when talking to his dad like today....

Honestly at this point I’m just poking this thread for fun, but don’t be naive guys. The title of this thread is more likely than many of you want to believe.

Fear, pessimism, reality.....I’m sure the Knicks front office doesn’t ever ask about Donovan when talking to his dad like today....

Honestly at this point I’m just poking this thread for fun, but don’t be naive guys. The title of this thread is more likely than many of you want to believe.

any thought of that is so far down the road it doesn't bother me one little bit. I refuse to entertain and certainly don't fear that.

image.jpg

any thought of that is so far down the road it doesn't bother me one little bit. I refuse to entertain and certainly don't fear that.
In an NBA where contracts mean something sure, the problem is with star players they don’t. I can assure you it’s a thought inside the Knicks minds right now...you know like how they offered Porzingis to the Jazz this past year in a trade requesting Donovan. It’s a thought in their mind right now. Don’t kid yourself.

In an NBA where contracts mean something sure, the problem is with star players they don’t. I can assure you it’s a thought inside the Knicks minds right now...you know like how they offered Porzingis to the Jazz this past year in a trade requesting Donovan. It’s a thought in their mind right now. Don’t kid yourself.

of course it's a thought inside the Knicks mind. I couldn't care less, they're a dumpster fire. I'm going to enjoy this 3-4 year run and i'm not too fussed what may or may not happen afterward. I'm certainly not going to stress about what player may or may not leave down the track.

of course it's a thought inside the Knicks mind. I couldn't care less, they're a dumpster fire. I'm going to enjoy this 3-4 year run and i'm not too fussed what may or may not happen afterward. I'm certainly not going to stress about what player may or may not leave down the track.
Yeah of course, my general point is just I think a lot of people are overly confident/blinded that Donovan is here for the long haul. I just don’t think the title of this thread is as unlikely as some here think.

Yeah of course, my general point is just I think a lot of people are overly confident/blinded that Donovan is here for the long haul. I just don’t think the title of this thread is as unlikely as some here think.

yeah things change over time. There's just so few players stay with one team now, but i don't get the feeling that he is the same as some of the other players like AD who've forced their way out early. I think the face he's
Good, we need more authentic and awesome people on this site.

what, i'm not enough anymore ??
pfffttt

yeah things change over time. There's just so few players stay with one team now, but i don't get the feeling that he is the same as some of the other players like AD who've forced their way out early. I think the face he's

pfffttt

Never enough douchebag, invaluable input in the most unpredictable way.

You’re the smart, cute girl in law school dating the guy in you’re class who’s kind of a big deal, but you’re worried about his high school girlfriend who smokes crack. If he wants to rekindle the magic later down the road and be her savior, then perhaps he’s not the big stud you’ve been dreaming of. But right now you’re both looking to celebrate just passing your first year finals, the ex is 2k miles away and sleeping with a malodorous man three times her age, and that’s what’s in the back of your mind heading into the weekend?

Hell, what if we end up trading him?!

pfffttt
We’ll see. I hope he’s Dame, and we also can win a title or two, but I think he’s closer to the other mold than Dames. Dame hasn’t woke up a day during his career and questioned whether a Blazer jersey is what he’d put on. I think he, Steph, and maybe Klay are probably the 3 in one uniform their whole career. I do think for the most part Rudy has that in him and there’s a chance Rudy is here his whole career. Some All Star appearances would be nice real soon though for Rudy and Donovan.

Hell, what if we end up trading him?!
I don’t really see this, his intangibles, personality, and community involvement are too valuable to the franchise. Like has been said who knows what year after year looks like, but it would surprise me very much if there came a time the Jazz traded him or Rudy unless one of them asked for it.

You’re the smart, cute girl in law school dating the guy in you’re class who’s kind of a big deal, but you’re worried about his high school girlfriend who smokes crack. If he wants to rekindle the magic later down the road and be her savior, then perhaps he’s not the big stud you’ve been dreaming of. But right now you’re both looking to celebrate just passing your first year finals, the ex is 2k miles away and sleeping with a malodorous man three times her age, and that’s what’s in the back of your mind heading into the weekend?
I strangely loved this analogy lol

He's from NY. He is loved there. If the Jazz are in contention there is a good chance he resigns. But If the Jazz fall apart then he goes to NY as the hometown hero.

We’ll see. I hope he’s Dame, and we also can win a title or two, but I think he’s closer to the other mold than Dames. Dame hasn’t woke up a day during his career and questioned whether a Blazer jersey is what he’d put on. I think he, Steph, and maybe Klay are probably the 3 in one uniform their whole career. I do think for the most part Rudy has that in him and there’s a chance Rudy is here his whole career. Some All Star appearances would be nice real soon though for Rudy and Donovan.

Dame has definitively questions staying with Portland. He has met with the FO to ask about their future after some trades he didnt like a couple years ago. Dame has even mentioned other teams he would play for if he wasnt with Portland.

I think there is a better chance Mitchell stays here long term than Rudy.

Mitchell is a very smart player and understands marketing and winning. As long as the FO keeps our team competitive he will stay here. He can become a face of a franchise and get a statue here. His brand is selling very well and doesnt need to be in a bigger market for that. The NBA is becoming world wide and its broadcast everywhere now. The city you live in and its size matters less and less. Mitchell has nothing to gain by going to a big market except a better chance at winning. If we are competitive than there is nothing for him.

Mitchell might leave. But he is here 5 more years at least. At least wait until its somewhat close to that to even start giving into your insecurities and fears.