What's new

Post Your Gobert or Mitchell Trade Ideas

Oh ****, we're really doing this? Okay ---

From Chicago, I want Lauri Markkanen and their top-5 pick this year.

From New York, I want RJ Barrett, a big and a protected pick.

From Atlanta, I want Deandre Hunter, Clint Capella and protected a 1st.

From Miami, I want Bam Adebayo and filler.

From Washington, I want Brad Beal and Thomas Bryant or a 1st.

The value dynamic is so screwed here. The better player(Gobert) will likely return worse value right now. But he also will be unrestricted and eligible for supermax in a year? And he's also oldder and might not be the better player for most of their next contracts?

I don't know.... this is making my brain hurt. I hate it.
Age is pretty unimportant IMO. Right now the league is as open as it will be. It's only a matter of time until the next unbeatable super-team is formed. As we have seen, in the current NBA it's really hard to keep cores together for more than a few years.

It's pretty obvious to me Gobert won't get the super-max as well. He's just not properly valued by most.

I might consider Nickeil Alexander-Walker + either Ingram or NOLA's unprotected lottery pick this year. Maybe you could talk me into swapping Jaxson Hayes for Ingram.

We'd be stacking NOLA by putting Gobert next to Zion.

I can’t post it because some Heat players would have to opt into their contract, or the season would have to end so they could take the additional salary. But something based around Rudy and Bojan to the Heat for Bam and a medium role player.

Bam and Donovan would be sick. We’d have to give up more assets then the Heat though since Bam is an Allstar still on his rookie deal. We’d have a bunch of cap space to go after a third star for our core though.
They arernt trading Bam.

Age is pretty unimportant IMO. Right now the league is as open as it will be. It's only a matter of time until the next unbeatable super-team is formed. As we have seen, in the current NBA it's really hard to keep cores together for more than a few years.

It's pretty obvious to me Gobert won't get the super-max as well. He's just not properly valued by most.

By trading one of our All Stars, the Jazz are most likely setting back their timeline by 2+ years. Hence, it's likely they'll trade Gobert rather than Mitchell simply because Mitchell is younger.

Almost impossible to find a deal due to salary, but put me in the camp that'd choose Gobert over Mitchell.

By trading one of our All Stars, the Jazz are most likely setting back their timeline by 2+ years. Hence, it's likely they'll trade Gobert rather than Mitchell simply because Mitchell is younger.
Uh, they could easily trade Mitchell and be better in the immediate future IMO. They might regret it long-term if Mitchell ever turns the corner and becomes less stubborn with his shot selection, but I don't think the Jazz have to accept a set-back if the trade Mitchell.

Gobert on the other hand it would most likely be, especially if they aren't swapping out guys like Ingles/Conely/Bojan for more active defenders.

It's not that hard, you just combine Bojan or Conley. It's fairly easy to work out a good Mitchell trade.

You probably should've posted one if it's that easy. And no, I don't consider anything pick focused to be a good deal.

The place to look is disgruntled (perimeter) star and a team looking to reset. Which is... who exactly?

Uh, they could easily trade Mitchell and be better in the immediate future IMO. They might regret it long-term if Mitchell ever turns the corner and becomes less stubborn with his shot selection, but I don't think the Jazz have to accept a set-back if the trade Mitchell.

Gobert on the other hand it would most likely be, especially if they aren't swapping out guys like Ingles/Conely/Bojan for more active defenders.

Mitchell is well liked in the league and well known. It wouldn’t be good for our image, team or culture if we traded him.

Mitchell is well liked in the league and well known. It wouldn’t be good for our image, team or culture if we traded him.
Who cares? Mitchell could be the most popular dude in the NBA, he isnt attracting anyone special to Utah. It doesnt matter to that degree.

Who cares? Mitchell could be the most popular dude in the NBA, he isnt attracting anyone special to Utah. It doesnt matter to that degree.

You know that for a fact? The players on the team sided with him. Let’s trade the guy that the team didn’t side with. Sounds more logical to me.

You know that for a fact? The players on the team sided with him. Let’s trade the guy that the team didn’t side with. Sounds more logical to me.
Yes, I know that for a fact. It's called precedent. Show me the small market team who attracts another super-star just because thy had a really popular player.

Stars going to the destination cities that raise their profile. It's a clear thing.

Dont kid yourself.

Yes, I know that for a fact. It's called precedent. Show me the small market team who attracts another super-star just because thy had a really popular player.

Stars going to the destination cities that raise their profile. It's a clear thing.

Dont kid yourself.

it was impressive when PG stayed in OKC as a FA instead of going to LA. The amount of acronyms in there is giving me a headache.

Also, trade thought.

Rudy + O’Neal for Brown + Smart.

boston looks better to me with a starting 5 of Kemba, Royce, Gordon, Tatum, and Rudy.

Utah goes Mitchell, Smart, Brown, Bojan and then we maybe go after Favors or something.

We get younger, more athletic and defensive on the wings, while also getting a potential future allstar in brown.

Boston would be my favorite to take the East starting next year and moving forward. Their O and D would be top 5.