What's new

Potential Jazz trade.

da ThRONe

https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jwt48su

Jazz send E.Kanter, T.Burke, and J.Evans.(edit)
Jazz receive A.Afflalo and J.Caldron

Knicks send A.Bargnani, J.Caldron, and S.Larkin
Knicks receive J.McGee and T.Burke

Nuggets send J.McGee and A.Afflalo
Nuggets receive A.Bargnani, L.Fields, J.Evans, S.Larkin, and Raptors 2015 1st rd pick

Raptors send L.Fields and 2015 1st rd pick.(edit)
Raptors receive E.Kanter

Utah- They trade away some youth for quality veteran players. For the Jazz with two young PG's the Jazz choose one over the other. Kanter has made it clear he wants to be traded. Calderon provides a quality veteran to play while Exum works to get better. Afflalo is much better than anything the Jazz has at the SG position this year with Burks injury. Given the make up of the team Aaron may be the better long term answer for the starting 2 spot than Alec even if healthy.

New York- They are going no where this year. This deal those nothing to change their chances of a top 3 pick. McGee gives them a rim protecting big they are lacking. Burke is a much younger and cheaper option at PG than Caldron with much more potential than Larkin. Burke has the fire Fisher and Jackson likes and the even keel attitude and confidence to deal with the New York pressure.

Denver- Rumors say they are in fire sell mode. This deal creates cap space and the draft pick it's rumored they want for Afflalo.

Toronto- Add more talent to make a strong playoff run. For them it's a late first for Kanter.

Last edited:
I like the effort put in but I don't like the deal for us. Calderon won't do anything to help us (his contract just hurts us) and I like Afflalo but I think I like the value of our first round pick more.

Wow...giving up Kanter, Burke AND our 1st round pick?
Kanter is a starter, Burke is a fringe starter and that pick will be top-10. I like Afflalo, but not THAT much. Calderon is a serviceable PG but clearly on the downside of his career. I'd trade a 2nd-rounder for him in a separate deal.

All Toronto gives up is Landry Fields? You must be a Raptors fan.

I like the effort put in but I don't like the deal for us. Calderon won't do anything to help us (his contract just hurts us) and I like Afflalo but I think I like the value of our first round pick more.

Calderon offensively fits Synder's system really well. Quality passer and great shooter. When you add Afflalo and Gobert to the starting lineup Calderon defenses issues at nearly as bad.

As far as the draft pick. It does come down to how an individual feels about Afflalo. I think that after this deal it becomes a late lottery pick.

Calderon offensively fits Synder's system really well. Quality passer and great shooter. When you add Afflalo and Gobert to the starting lineup Calderon defenses issues at nearly as bad.

As far as the draft pick. It does come down to how an individual feels about Afflalo. I think that after this deal it becomes a late lottery pick.

Toronto should be including the 1st rounder to get rid of Fields and get Kanter. Fields isn't even a rotation player.

https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jwt48su

Jazz send E.Kanter, T.Burke, J.Evans and 2015 1st round draft pick.
Jazz receive A.Afflalo and J.Caldron

Knicks send A.Bargnani, J.Caldron, and S.Larkin
Knicks receive J.McGee and T.Burke

Nuggets send J.McGee and A.Afflalo
Nuggets receive A.Bargnani, L.Fields, J.Evans, S.Larkin, and Jazz 2015 1st rd pick

Raptors send L.Fields
Raptors receive E.Kanter

Utah- They trade away some youth for quality veteran players. For the Jazz with two young PG's the Jazz choose one over the other. Kanter has made it clear he wants to be traded. Calderon provides a quality veteran to play while Exum works to get better. Afflalo is much better than anything the Jazz has at the SG position this year with Burks injury. Given the make up of the team Aaron may be the better long term answer for the starting 2 spot than Alec even if healthy.

New York- They are going no where this year. This deal those nothing to change their chances of a top 3 pick. McGee gives them a rim protecting big they are lacking. Burke is a much younger and cheaper option at PG than Caldron with much more potential than Larkin. Burke has the fire Fisher and Jackson likes and the even keel attitude and confidence to deal with the New York pressure.

Denver- Rumors say they are in fire sell mode. This deal creates cap space and the draft pick it's rumored they want for Afflalo.

Toronto- Add more talent to make a strong playoff run. For them this is a straight up swap for Landry Fields.

How about you include your Pelicans and throw Aşık in there?

Jazz give Enes, receive Aşık and bench him. Eternal rim protection. Enes-Davis would be fun to watch. And I really really find Ömer Aşık a great opportunity of an older mentor in defensive game for Rudy. I thought of Rudy an Aşık scenario with more althetic skills and reach but he sure is fast at surpassing this!

Jazz want young players and draft picks.

At some point a team has to become "buyers". You can question whether or not the Jazz or at that point.

Looking at a roster of Gobert/Favors/Hayward/Afflalo/Calderon with a bench of FA/Booker/Hood/Burks/Exum is a team that pose to grow together. The only way the Jazz are getting the #1 option is get lucky in the lotto this year. The Jazz barring multiple injuries next year will be too good. And I don't see Utah getting "that guy" coming via free agency.

How about you include your Pelicans and throw Aşık in there?

Jazz give Enes, receive Aşık and bench him. Eternal rim protection. Enes-Davis would be fun to watch. And I really really find Ömer Aşık a great opportunity of an older mentor in defensive game for Rudy. I thought of Rudy an Aşık scenario with more althetic skills and reach but he sure is fast at surpassing this!

They actually discussed trading for Kanter over on the Pelicans forum. I'm not against a Kanter Asik swap. But why when you guys have Gobert? He's way younger and has way way more potential than Asik.

Last edited:
They actually discussed trading for Kanter over on the Pelicans forum. I'm not against a Kanter Asik swap. But why when you guys have Gobert? He's way younger and have way way more potential than Asik.

Because you can give Ömer 20 minutes a game and keep both centers out of harm's way. Until Rudy strengthens his lower body at least.

the Knicks would give up assets for us to take Calderon... They want out of his contract. AA is overrated. That 2015 pick could land a much, much better return.

Because you can give Ömer 20 minutes a game and keep both centers out of harm's way. Until Rudy strengthens his lower body at least.

I guess. I just figure if you trade Kanter it's for assets you can keep for more than half the season. Asik is a unrestricted free agent after the season.

the Knicks would give up assets for us to take Calderon... They want out of his contract. AA is overrated. That 2015 pick could land a much, much better return.

Yeah I should have had Jazz keeping the pick and Toronto trading there's. That was my original train of thought.

I guess. I just figure if you trade Kanter it's for assets you can keep for more than half the season. Asik is a unrestricted free agent after the season.

To sign for lower probably. But yeah. If this trade says we blew the 2011 3rd pick, give us another chance, then it must include pick(s). On the other hand, if you use Kanter for grabbing other young talent, that is gonna mean that the 3rd pick was not that useless after all.

three way trades involving a bunch of good players are kind of like the chances of the average man scoring a threeway with two smoking hot Brazilian chicks..

three way trades involving a bunch of good players are kind of like the chances of the average man scoring a threeway with two smoking hot Brazilian chicks..

Been there, except for the threesome part. Met her back in Spain, talk about working the rim...
But focusing on the issue, I really like Calderon as a mentor, good point made on his contract though, darn...