What's new

Praise for Mudiay

Google Jack Haley.

Actually Neto is playing very well And l think Utah would have kept if they could this past off-season.
We could have. The idea that we had to waive him to create cap ended up being false and PR spin. Perhaps in hindsight.

He's been impressing me more lately. Earlier in the season when he had good games, it seemed more like a bad player having a randomly good game. He's quit the tunnel vision and appears to be playing within the system more. That had to be a tough transition for him since he could probably do whatever he wanted in New York last year. And the tough realization as a former blue chip prospect that he may just be a rotation player instead of a star. Apparently the coaching staff is very impressed with his attitude and willingness to learn and he seems to be fitting in well personality wise. If he ends up staying or leaving beyond this year, it'd be cool if he could sell some free agents on Utah being a career saver or something like that.

If Conley does come off the bench - the bench is:

1. M. Conley
2. J. Clarkson
3. E. Mudiay - yes at the 3, he's 6'5" and has the bodyweight to play here, especially against other team's reserves.
4. G. Niang
5. T. Bradley

Even with several trade scenarios, I still see regular minutes for Mudiay in the rotation. If Conley and Donovan start together, that likely means Royce or Joe is coming off the bench - in which case Mudiay is still very arguably our 8th best player.

I like him, I watched the jazz game against the Knicks last year and saw a lot of potential. He gave effort even on a bad team. He fits nicely with this squad in his current role. Im sure he's much happier on a winning team.

I'm really liking Mudiay. He's strong as hell and is playing more and more under control. You can also see the desire in his eyes to compete. Similar to Rudy and Don. I could see him being a long term piece.

An occasional three point make is nice also. I wasn't sure that would ever happen, but the last few games I don't even curse at the tv when he puts one up.